Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2023, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Leave it to Japan where talent even can be found in a kitchen within a budget brand!
Absolutely no fan of Hyatt Place typically but this one may be as good as it may get.
Nice looking property for a limited service property
That omelette in post #35 looks property spectacular to me and I'm very hard to please.
I'd beg borrow and steal if a Hyatt Place in my country could even come half way to that execution level.
I avoid the brand typically more of a last resort thing
when running out of options.No one will mistake it for Andaz Tokyo or the Grand Hyatt I get it.
In fact that omelette looks far better than the last 700 dollar a night Park Hyatt I stayed at last year in Europe.
Photos to prove
Not going to happen in the US that's for sure.
If they build them like here I might just change my aversion to the brand in a heart beat
Fun fact, my stay here earlier this week they suspended egg dishes due to shortages lol.
Old May 20, 2023, 2:04 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by dkc192
Anyone know if this hotel will accept a TSU for one of their suites?
Originally Posted by beachfan
Yes, great post! Are we sure they don’t take TSU‘s? We have one data point from the Twitter team saying no above but I didn’t know that Hyatt places were excluded from TSUs.
It seems, give him the rates in peak season, that there isn’t a strong reason to stay at the Hyatt Regency Kyoto? I’m trying to choose between the two ( park hyatt has no points availability).

The price fifference is around $80 night.
Originally Posted by SawBo
Fun fact, my stay here earlier this week they suspended egg dishes due to shortages lol.
Mine too. Very budget hotel imo. I suppose it's a worthy stay if you understand this is a budget hotel. But personally, I prefer a step up and would look to that in the future. Location is decent (train attached to hotel). But still, most places require a train transfer as their line mostly goes to Kyoto Station (good for in/out of Kyoto)
Old May 20, 2023, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by SawBo
I'm staying here right now - still the case unfortunately 🥲
Old May 23, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, World of Hyatt Globalist
Anyone know if this property accepts SUAs? I believe the terms specifically state that HP doesn't participate in SUAs, but I've heard some people have had success when actually working with an agent/the hotel itself.

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by WaterBottle18
Anyone know if this property accepts SUAs? I believe the terms specifically state that HP doesn't participate in SUAs, but I've heard some people have had success when actually working with an agent/the hotel itself.

Thanks!
They do not participate. I was however upgraded to a King Suite on arrival - so if they have upgrades when you get there, they will give them to you.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 7:15 pm

Thanks for all the initial reviews. Looking forward to staying here towards the end of this week.

If anyone has any particular queries, please do shout.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 4:09 pm

We arrived a few days ago. Interesting that the hotel was closed for several days for maintenance and renovation work. We happened to be the first party to check-in at reopening.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:31 am

We are here now. My friend is Globalist. Apparently there are limited benefits but the breakfast is fine. The room is a bit small and the bathtub doesn't seem like the best use of space.

Staff at the front desk are not overly friendly. The commercial Nespresso machine is helpful in the lobby.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 10:00 pm

Yeah staff at front was not friendly and quite useless when I stayed there last November. Asked them to help me make a phone call to a restaurant and ask about a reservation and they refused.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 11:49 pm

Their front desk staff are mostly young, inexperienced, and not very proficient in English. I met one older lady who spoke decent English, and she was more helpful than the rest. They are also very slow in responding to emails, for general questions as well as specific issues.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Yeah staff at front was not friendly and quite useless when I stayed there last November. Asked them to help me make a phone call to a restaurant and ask about a reservation and they refused.
Staff was quite helpful on multiple occasions: 3
adjacent rooms as requested, yakiniku reservation for 9 (tried 5 different restaurants) and opening locked room.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Staff was quite helpful on multiple occasions: 3
adjacent rooms as requested, yakiniku reservation for 9 (tried 5 different restaurants) and opening locked room.
Glad to hear it. When I was there, I approached a completely empty lobby and asked politely if they could help me make 1 phone call to a restaurant and ask if I needed to make a reservation and they flatly refused and told me, we don't have a concierge so, no.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Glad to hear it. When I was there, I approached a completely empty lobby and asked politely if they could help me make 1 phone call to a restaurant and ask if I needed to make a reservation and they flatly refused and told me, we don't have a concierge so, no.
That's true, they do not offer any concierge service. Early on I asked them some questions but quickly gave up trying to engage with them regarding restaurants or sightseeing advice.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:36 pm

Yeah seems a consistent experience. Frankly I think that's beyond pathetic. Even at a suburban Holiday Inn in the US I could the staff at the front desk to answer a simple question or even make a simple phone call. It is what it is. Overall the property is still very solid in every other respect so I would still stay there but it's pretty absurd to not assist a guest with a super basic request because "you don't have a concierge".
Old Jul 4, 2023, 1:03 pm

just stayed here for 3 nights here last week. if i hadn't known the name of the hotel, i wouldn't have guessed it was a "budget" brand. breakfast is great. . .and eggs are back! (but no omelets from what i could see). the 2 coffee machines in the lobby were very convenient. the gym, while small, did have dumbbells up to 20kg. (last hotel i came from only went up to 8kg). no bar onsite, but Takanoya is a block away and is a chill place to enjoy some small plates and/or whiskey/beer (and the bartenders speak English).

the real bummer for me as a solo traveler was the laundry room. 3 machines, but they seem to not dry properly (or the guests were overloading them). but they were constantly used. thankfully, there is a coin-operated laundry place 2.5 blocks south which i used (along with a few other hotel guests).

i'm not sure i'd recommend it for first time tourists to Kyoto. even though it sits *right* on top of a subway station exit, i couldn't help but feel it was still a little inconvenient given the number of sites to see in Kyoto.
MaldivesGoal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.