Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2023, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Yogurt is homemade in a small glass jar. Don't think it's made by Meiji or some other conglomerate.

Only seen normal cow's milk.
Thanks for this. I actually wrote to ask them if they have gelatin-free yogurt. Too bad they never answered me.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:30 pm

I have a 3 night point stay in the middle of Cherry blossom season, and have to book 2 nights in a King, and 1 in a 2 Twin. I asked to not move room and keep us in the King room. They replied that they will try to accommodate but no commitment. Understandable - but really hoping that we can stay in the same room.

The rooms are listed with shower and bathtub. The ones listed with bathtub, is it just bathtub, or a bathtub next to a shower? Hyatt Regency Kyoto standard room has a tub, but next to it is a shower area and the whole thing is behind a glass enclosure. How is it here? Much prefer the shower only setup actually.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 8:52 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hope someone can assist.
Looking for a 3 night stay 30/12 - 2/1
2 adults and 1 child (12 years old)

I see HP has 2 twin and a sofa bed available. Anyone know the dimensions of the sofa bed or a picture of it?

Also can't decide whether to stay here or crowne plaza, hilton garden?

I don't have status for hyatt but would love to try this hotel if its nice!

I am hilton gold and IHG Plat. Crowne plaza i'm worried that I get a non refurbished room!

Requirements, 2 twin beds + an extra bed (be it rollaway, sofa or single)
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:50 pm
She

Originally Posted by k3nnis
Hope someone can assist.
Looking for a 3 night stay 30/12 - 2/1
2 adults and 1 child (12 years old)

I see HP has 2 twin and a sofa bed available. Anyone know the dimensions of the sofa bed or a picture of it?

Also can't decide whether to stay here or crowne plaza, hilton garden?

I don't have status for hyatt but would love to try this hotel if its nice!

I am hilton gold and IHG Plat. Crowne plaza i'm worried that I get a non refurbished room!

Requirements, 2 twin beds + an extra bed (be it rollaway, sofa or single)
The sofa bed is about the size of a twin bed. My 10 year old fit fine on it, but when it’s opened up there is basically no other space in the room. We stayed here because we were using points, but in Osaka and Tokyo we stayed in apartment hotels (MIMARU chain) and I would recommend them over a standard hotel room in Japan any day. Our MIMARU rooms were twice the size of the room we had at the Hyatt.

this is the room. To the left you have a small hallway and small bathroom

Old Apr 16, 2023, 2:34 am

thanks! For the mimaru properties, is there any daily housekeeping ?

also Hyatt place, is it easy to get around to popular sightseeing and restaurants?

Originally Posted by She
The sofa bed is about the size of a twin bed. My 10 year old fit fine on it, but when it’s opened up there is basically no other space in the room. We stayed here because we were using points, but in Osaka and Tokyo we stayed in apartment hotels (MIMARU chain) and I would recommend them over a standard hotel room in Japan any day. Our MIMARU rooms were twice the size of the room we had at the Hyatt.

this is the room. To the left you have a small hallway and small bathroom

Old Apr 16, 2023, 3:09 pm
She

At Mimaru they came in daily to empty the trash and change the towels. Then every 3 days they do a full room cleaning.
We opted for the same daily trash & towels service at the Hyatt.

The area around the Hyatt is pretty quiet, but I liked that. Every night we walked toward the Sanjo Meiten-gai / Shinkyogoku / Teramachi Shopping Streets area for dinner. It was an easy 20 mins walk each way.

As far as proximity to sightseeing, we used a combination of subway, JR, bus and taxi to get around. The bus stop and subway stations were within minutes from the hotel so it was pretty convenient.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 5:20 am

thanks!

for Tokyo I booked a hotel named monday premium ueno okachimachi. Hopefully it’s an alright place! I can still cancel it as it’s a flexible rate.

the other Kyoto hotel I’m thinking of is Crowne plaza.

Originally Posted by She
At Mimaru they came in daily to empty the trash and change the towels. Then every 3 days they do a full room cleaning.
We opted for the same daily trash & towels service at the Hyatt.

The area around the Hyatt is pretty quiet, but I liked that. Every night we walked toward the Sanjo Meiten-gai / Shinkyogoku / Teramachi Shopping Streets area for dinner. It was an easy 20 mins walk each way.

As far as proximity to sightseeing, we used a combination of subway, JR, bus and taxi to get around. The bus stop and subway stations were within minutes from the hotel so it was pretty convenient.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by k3nnis
thanks!

for Tokyo I booked a hotel named monday premium ueno okachimachi. Hopefully it’s an alright place! I can still cancel it as it’s a flexible rate.

the other Kyoto hotel I’m thinking of is Crowne plaza.
Crowne Plaza has a room with 3 beds but they're pretty small and the hotel itself is old.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Crowne Plaza has a room with 3 beds but they're pretty small and the hotel itself is old.
ok thanks for the info.
Old May 6, 2023, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Even though Hyatt Place doesn't participate in globalist upgrades, I was upgraded to a King Suite here. Check in lady didn't even mention it, was just a surprise when we got to room. Nice large 1 BR suite although tiny bedroom. Fitness center and coin operated laundry in the building. Literally connected to the southwest exit of the train station (don't even need to go outside and get wet when it's raining). They did charge me full payment at check-in (rather than at check out).

Housekeeping is optional, you can do full service daily, limited service daily, no service, or on demand. You're given magnets that you place on the door with your service options.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
A little update after a few days here. breakfast is pretty poor. It may be decent from a Hyatt Place perspective, I can't say (as I rarely stay at HPs). But from a Japanese perspective (I've been traveling around Japan fro 3 weeks), it's the worst I've had. Obv HP is a lower end chain, so if you understand where you're staying and why you're choosing this HP, you can have a nice stay here. But surely do not stay here for F&B.
Old May 16, 2023, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Here now, day 1 of my hyatt venture in Japan for the next 14 days. Arrived around 8pm, seems like hotel sold out so no upgrade for me. Did mention i get 4pm checkout but not that big of a deal as Im only here 2 nights.

1 king bed is really nice by Japan and even US standards. Plenty of room for a couple, not sure about more.

WiFi has been hit or miss.

Room was really dry at night, i didnt use humidifier so my nose was all clogged up. Seems better afrer using and filling up.

Great location to subway, I would put it as a great place to stay in Kyoto for points/cash or CaT4

Last edited by SawBo; May 16, 2023 at 10:51 pm
Old May 17, 2023, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Just checked out, great area imo a very budget friendly base for those who just need a room and roam around most of the day.

Staff is helpful, I had a Yamato delivery scheduled for today from Tueday in Sapporo that has not arrived. The staff called them on my behalf informed me it won't be delivered by checkout and got them to route to the HR Regency Kyoto where I am present.

Laundry machine is 600 yen with no need to add detergent and is a wash/dry that takes 2 hours. There's other options, but u just put in, pay and set a pin code to open later.

Overall, solid hotel. Considering in the future as a stay
Old May 18, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Just finished a 2-night stay here recently. Overall i was very impressed.

no upgrade as hotel was sold out on my dates.

my king room was nice, not spacious but enjoyable and comfortable. Build quality was GREAT as you could expect in Japan. Many usb ports and international plugs in the room. Chromecast TV also available. Bathroom is not cramped at all, big counter space, strong water pressure in shower cubicle, and new-gen toto toilet.

the hotel itself is still brand new. There’s a subway station underneath the hotel. Location is very convenient. Actually that’s the reason why i switched from HR to here instead. Breakfast was very good for a HP in Japan. Maybe not too much in variety but quite filling and tasty. The Nespresso machine in the lobby is very useful.

i would definitely return (as i can’t afford PH yet lol).
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old May 19, 2023, 9:25 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Do Photos speak a thousand words?

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
A little update after a few days here. breakfast is pretty poor. It may be decent from a Hyatt Place perspective, I can't say (as I rarely stay at HPs). But from a Japanese perspective (I've been traveling around Japan fro 3 weeks), it's the worst I've had. Obv HP is a lower end chain, so if you understand where you're staying and why you're choosing this HP, you can have a nice stay here. But surely do not stay here for F&B.
Leave it to Japan where talent even can be found in a kitchen within a budget brand!
Absolutely no fan of Hyatt Place typically but this one may be as good as it may get.
Nice looking property for a limited service property
That omelette in post #35 looks property spectacular to me and I'm very hard to please.
I'd beg borrow and steal if a Hyatt Place in my country could even come half way to that execution level.
I avoid the brand typically more of a last resort thing
when running out of options.No one will mistake it for Andaz Tokyo or the Grand Hyatt I get it.
In fact that omelette looks far better than the last 700 dollar a night Park Hyatt I stayed at last year in Europe.
Photos to prove
Not going to happen in the US that's for sure.
If they build them like here I might just change my aversion to the brand in a heart beat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.