Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Central Park New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
We liked it!

I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews, but overall we had a very nice 3 night stay here a few weeks ago. They were offering a buy two nights-get one nice free special, which made it even better. Checking was easy, and they mentioned all of the globalist benefits. We were upgraded to the junior suite, which had plenty of room with a swivel tv in the middle between the bed and living room area. The couch area had plenty of outlets and good lighting on both sides of the couch (and the lack of easy to get to outlets to work is always one of my pet peeves nowadays, so this was a nice surprise). The air conditioning worked very well despite the heat wave at the time in NYC (another frequent complaint of mine in many NYC hotels).

We really enjoyed the breakfast options in the hotel restaurant, and they were very flexible about substitutions. A nice variety of relatively healthy things in addition to the usual bacon and eggs. At night the restaurant became a jazz lounge with live music and happy hour food and drink specials, which we also were able to enjoy. The gym was also better than many of the NY hotels I have stayed out, though it was closed for some construction our last day, and they gave me 10,000 points, without asking, because of the closure.

We would return.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:20 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Unfortunately, no. Thompson Central Park does not offer Globalists Free Parking when using any free night award. [MENTION=53006]Hyatt[/MENTION]concierge
Old Aug 9, 2023, 7:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Unfortunately, no. Thompson Central Park does not offer Globalists Free Parking when using any free night award. [MENTION=53006]Hyatt[/MENTION]concierge
Are you sure? My concierge called Thompson and they said they do offer free parking for globalists when using points... Or is that different from an award stay?

Since you are responding on here, can you please ask the US based agents to be friendlier? They almost 100% were great a few years ago, I've had contentious, rude and overall awful ones the last 6 months. Some have been great but several seemed to want to fight with me and one essentially called me a liar.

I don't take kindly to that.
olouie and synzero like this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by roose011
Does the Thompson have free parking for Globalists on award stays?
They did in May of this year when I redeemed 50,000 points for two free nights. No in and out privileges, valet parked my car when I checked in at approximately 5 PM on a Tuesday, no charge when I checked out and picked my car up at approximately 2 or 3 PM two days later on Thursday.

(Of course the fact that the parking garage misplaced my car key fob (for a week) is a whole other story. That story reflects very poorly on the parking garage but very very well on Thompson Central Park considering they took ownership of the problem and provided customer service compensation, even though the fault was entirely with the parking garage. Lesson learned, if you know youre going to be valet parking your car always bring a second key fob. In my situation had I not had a second key fob I would not have been able to drive the car home.)
Old Aug 10, 2023, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
So curious why you said this. I literally just got an email from Thompson stating "As a Globalist, you will also enjoy complimentary parking on award night stays."
olouie and synzero like this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 5:54 pm

So Hyatyconcierge barely posts and then, when they do, posts the wrong info.
olouie likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Are you sure? My concierge called Thompson and they said they do offer free parking for globalists when using points... Or is that different from an award stay?

Since you are responding on here, can you please ask the US based agents to be friendlier? They almost 100% were great a few years ago, I've had contentious, rude and overall awful ones the last 6 months. Some have been great but several seemed to want to fight with me and one essentially called me a liar.

I don't take kindly to that
I dont even need friendly. I just want civil and honest. Both things are very lacking at Hyatt customer service (across all levels) these days.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 6:07 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by SHLTP
So Hyatyconcierge barely posts and then, when they do, posts the wrong info.
Honestly even some of the My Hyatt Concierge mess it up too sometimes.Its really how you apologize and correct the proper information that matters
Even with wrong answers and we all make mistakes I encourage their participation here on Flyertalk
Old Aug 11, 2023, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Honestly even some of the My Hyatt Concierge mess it up too sometimes.Its really how you apologize and correct the proper information that matters
Even with wrong answers and we all make mistakes I encourage their participation here on Flyertalk
+1 even though they are representing the company and you would hope the information they give is accurate, let's also recognize that they're humans and honest mistakes will occur, and react to them in a way that does not discourage future participation.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 9:12 am

Trying to book an points stay at this property. Is 1 King Bed with tub really the standard room type? During my dates they only have 1 King Bed available which doesnt seem to qualify as a standard room for award nights
Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:18 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Originally Posted by gmax58
To clarify - while I worked with My Hyatt Concierge (who I assumed tried to be my advocate on this cancellation - I wasn't privy to her discussion with the Thompson), the hotel did not offer to waive the cancellation fee. My certificate is scheduled to expire this week anyway so I wasn't offered (and I didn't request) a chance to stay there in the future. [Also, I don't usually have a reason to go to NYC.]
To follow up, it took about 6 weeks, but MHC was able to coordinate the refund request with the hotel. I'm still not thrilled with how this process worked, but I have a bit more respect for the hard work MHC did.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skykilometers
Trying to book an points stay at this property. Is 1 King Bed with tub really the standard room type? During my dates they only have 1 King Bed available which doesnt seem to qualify as a standard room for award nights
Welcome to the latest property gaming award availability.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 9:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by skykilometers
it's consistent at least with what my concierge told me recently...

Originally Posted by Kacee
Welcome to the latest property gaming award availability.
... alas
Old Sep 9, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
This is the weakest gaming differentiation. The rooms look identical in the online pictures and the standard rate is less than 1% higher. ($641 vs $647)
Old Sep 9, 2023, 11:44 pm

In the last year I've seen many properties split what used to be standard rooms into a bazillion different configurations with very few standard rooms. It's actually been hard in some places to use points. I think it is due to recategorization rather than demand. I could be wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.