Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:50 pm

Just got an email from my new concierge, Karen W. Was told my previous pl agent, Becky S. had moved to another part of Hyatt. Anyone have any experience with Karen? Hoping for good things. Becky always took good care of me, even if it was sometimes a little tough to get a hold of her.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I'm looking for advice on who to request for a new concierge. My first concierge was terrible and the second was just average enough to get by but as of late has really been dropping the ball.

Ideally I'd like someone who:
- Works during morning/daytime business hours and not evenings
- Responds quickly and actually answers my questions directly
- Is proactive and customer focused
- Can handle more complex bookings/requests

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicize someone's name. Appreciate the input
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peatisback
I'm looking for advice on who to request for a new concierge. My first concierge was terrible and the second was just average enough to get by but as of late has really been dropping the ball.

Ideally I'd like someone who:
- Works during morning/daytime business hours and not evenings
- Responds quickly and actually answers my questions directly
- Is proactive and customer focused
- Can handle more complex bookings/requests

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicize someone's name. Appreciate the input
If you simply take the time to read through this thread, you'll get a good idea of who the good ones are, and how to get them.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
Quita has been excellent for me. I contact concierge for special hotel requests and bookings that may be more complicated.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:18 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Most of my Hyatt stays are Park Hyatt, with a sprinkle of Andaz (Scottsdale), which I tend to book through my travel agent who uses Prive. Are the Globalist concierges able to book the Prive rate? Is it worth using the concierge at all for the random non PH bookings? Besides the special rate, my personal TA almost always gets an upgrade past the "standard" suite, plus often a bottle of wine/champagne/food amenity.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Most of my Hyatt stays are Park Hyatt, with a sprinkle of Andaz (Scottsdale), which I tend to book through my travel agent who uses Prive. Are the Globalist concierges able to book the Prive rate? Is it worth using the concierge at all for the random non PH bookings? Besides the special rate, my personal TA almost always gets an upgrade past the "standard" suite, plus often a bottle of wine/champagne/food amenity.
These (one-category upgrade confirmed at booking & amenity) are just part of the Privé rate regardless of property (assuming that they participate in Privé, of course). You would get the same at a participating GH or HR or Andaz, regardless of which TA you use (your TA isn't doing anything special, other than being part of the Privé program)

My understanding is that you have to go through a TA for the Privé rate.

I'd suggest checking the difference between the Privé rate (which should be the standard rate) and the member rate, particularly for longer stays, where the amenity and credit lose when amortized (per-night) over the whole stay. You may very well be able to book that 2nd-tier suite at the member rate for cheaper than the standard rate on the base suite. Or, the difference between the two suite levels may be so small that you don't care and are happy with the base one.

Depending on the property, you may have a chance of getting upgraded to the 2nd-tier suite when booking the base one. That happened to me on a 5-night stay at the GH BKK (I'm not sure how common that is)
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Sorry if I missed it, but whom does one contact to get a new Concierge? I’m fed up with mine.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:22 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Mine is Cassie. I'm relatively new to Globalist status so don't have much to compare her to but has kindly assisted with everything I've requested (admittedly nothing out of the ordinary, I'd think).Turnaround time via email varies from a few hours to a couple of days (not including weekends). That's been fine for my non-emergent requests; I suppose if I had a more pressing need I'd just call her.

Long story short: thumbs up.
I had Cassie and she was doing fine until recently she would not respond anymore so I started just using the Globalist line. Now out of nowhere I received an e-mail informing me that my new Concierge is Frances M. Perhaps Cassie has left Hyatt or moved to another part of the company?

Does anybody have experience with Frances?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by escape4
I had Cassie and she was doing fine until recently she would not respond anymore so I started just using the Globalist line. Now out of nowhere I received an e-mail informing me that my new Concierge is Frances M. Perhaps Cassie has left Hyatt or moved to another part of the company?

Does anybody have experience with Frances?
As a new Globalist, I was just assigned Frances and am also curious on the feedback
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I'm back to handling 100% of my stuff by myself through the Globalist Hotline again. The only advantage was that the concierge would do things via email but I got burned twice by this and it's frustrating plus a waste of time.

Many (most) of my bookings are last minute or it's about hotels where a room/suite just popped up so I simply can't wait a day or two until the concierge get's back to me during their assigned working hours.

Should Hyatt better go to a collective mailbox system that is monitored 24/7 and processed immediately by a "Duty Concierge" team?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Should Hyatt better go to a collective mailbox system that is monitored 24/7 and processed immediately by a "Duty Concierge" team?
Indeed, and this is how Starwood and now Marriott do it...
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by awu25
As a new Globalist, I was just assigned Frances and am also curious on the feedback
One strength of the Marriott (previously Starwood) Ambassador program is the single point of contact and having an ambassador that gets to know the customer in the long run. I have been assigned to my ambassador for several years and she knows me quite well by now and she can often meet with needs more efficiently than some random ambassador would for example the Hilton Diamond desk where I never get the same person answering my requests.

One problem with Hyatt concierges is that I am now on my 4th so I was never able to build the same rapport with any of them as my Starwood Ambassador, and the focus at Hyatt seems to be far more transactional rather than customer oriented. Even with the best Hyatt concierge that I had, he was very quick and efficient in filling my requests, but it was all about suite upgrades, changing existing reservations, etc. rather than getting to know what I value the most as a customer and make some stays more special than others.

Back to Frances M who introduced herself as my new Concierge. Her initial e-mail was of the type "get to know each other" and I responded in kind. Four days have elapsed and I she did not answer. Admittedly, I was not making any specific request in my e-mail so she did not necessarily have to answer anything. However it is fairly clear to me that my new concierge is headed in the same direction: transaction oriented, not customer oriented. A social introductory e-mail was a positive step but it got stopped straight in its tracks, unfortunately. Oh well. Hopefully at least she will be responsive for transactions.

Last edited by escape4; Jun 7, 2019 at 6:00 am
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
For the majority, myself included, that high touch SPG Ambassador service is now dead in the water, thanks to Marriott. So not even sure it’s a relevant comparison going forward.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
For the majority, myself included, that high touch SPG Ambassador service is now dead in the water, thanks to Marriott. So not even sure it’s a relevant comparison going forward.
i have both a Hyatt concierge and a Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador. It may be a result of he individual people, but my Hyatt Concierge is 100x better than my Ambassador. He is always responsive to my emails/calls and helps with my special requests, etc. By contrast, my ambassador replies to every other email. I have now started ccing the general ambassador line to get responses. I am looking into getting a new Ambassador even though I have worked with my ambassador for 7 years (SPG years prior) and previously my ambassador was great. I think my ambassador is just overwhelmed because there are so many new ambassadors to handle.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escape4
One strength of the Marriott (previously Starwood) Ambassador program is the single point of contact and having an ambassador that gets to know the customer in the long run. I have been assigned to my ambassador for several years and she knows me quite well by now and she can often meet with needs more efficiently than some random ambassador would for example the Hilton Diamond desk where I never get the same person answering my requests.

One problem with Hyatt concierges is that I am now on my 4th so I was never able to build the same rapport with any of them as my Starwood Ambassador, and the focus at Hyatt seems to be far more transactional rather than customer oriented. Even with the best Hyatt concierge that I had, he was very quick and efficient in filling my requests, but it was all about suite upgrades, changing existing reservations, etc. rather than getting to know what I value the most as a customer and make some stays more special than others.

Back to Frances M who introduced herself as my new Concierge. Her initial e-mail was of the type "get to know each other" and I responded in kind. Four days have elapsed and I she did not answer. Admittedly, I was not making any specific request in my e-mail so she did not necessarily have to answer anything. However it is fairly clear to me that my new concierge is headed in the same direction: transaction oriented, not customer oriented. A social introductory e-mail was a positive step but it got stopped straight in its tracks, unfortunately. Oh well. Hopefully at least she will be responsive for transactions.
As the old saying goes, "if you want a friend, get a dog." It's all about expectations: Hyatt isn't Nieman Marcus or Four Seasons. They are a major hospitality brand (albeit the smallest one), and they offer the highest level of personal service found at any major brand today. My Concierge has dealt with all kinds of issues and problems, responds quickly (or one of her partners does), and even sent me a Christmas gift basket. If this was the Four Seasons Concierge Service I'd expect more kissing up, but it's clear Hyatt's service is now better than Marriott's and that's the only remaining competition. Number 1 is Number 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.