FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globalist Concierge Advice
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:40 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Most of my Hyatt stays are Park Hyatt, with a sprinkle of Andaz (Scottsdale), which I tend to book through my travel agent who uses Prive. Are the Globalist concierges able to book the Prive rate? Is it worth using the concierge at all for the random non PH bookings? Besides the special rate, my personal TA almost always gets an upgrade past the "standard" suite, plus often a bottle of wine/champagne/food amenity.
These (one-category upgrade confirmed at booking & amenity) are just part of the Privé rate regardless of property (assuming that they participate in Privé, of course). You would get the same at a participating GH or HR or Andaz, regardless of which TA you use (your TA isn't doing anything special, other than being part of the Privé program)

My understanding is that you have to go through a TA for the Privé rate.

I'd suggest checking the difference between the Privé rate (which should be the standard rate) and the member rate, particularly for longer stays, where the amenity and credit lose when amortized (per-night) over the whole stay. You may very well be able to book that 2nd-tier suite at the member rate for cheaper than the standard rate on the base suite. Or, the difference between the two suite levels may be so small that you don't care and are happy with the base one.

Depending on the property, you may have a chance of getting upgraded to the 2nd-tier suite when booking the base one. That happened to me on a 5-night stay at the GH BKK (I'm not sure how common that is)