Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Globalist Concierge Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:27 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Hydro88
What situations can the hotline / hotel not resolve?
in my case, arrange for driving permit in Japan!!
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Okay, that's cool. I guess I haven't been creative enough with mine Please chalk my above comments up to a personal lack of imagination.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
What situations can the hotline / hotel not resolve?
I shouldn't have to pick up the phone every time I want help with something

I fire a note off to my great Concierge and he addresses it all - early check-ins, reservations (if I need them), bed preferences, special occasions, etc.
59Impala, jtc246 and markko like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I fire a note off to my great Concierge and he addresses it all - early check-ins, reservations (if I need them), bed preferences, special occasions, etc.
I prefer to put that note directly into the booking or make a quick call.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:37 pm

The only issue is the quality is so hit or miss. I've been dealing with my current concierge for a little over a month, and I'm giving her one more day before I ask for someone different. I'm ok with the delays, even if they are annoying, but the number of emails she completely misses, or ignores is becoming a serious issue.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Wow. I asked my concierge to arrange a welcome amenity (at my expense) for a guest of honor reservation. He acknowledged the initial request and said it would take a bit of time. After 13 days of not hearing from him, I contacted the hotel directly who arranged quite an extensive amenity without charge. That was over two months ago. The concierge has not been heard of since.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
The only issue is the quality is so hit or miss.
I don't know how the allocation of Concierges actually works. On the few occassions that I've sent a message to the email address (which appears to be a generic one), different people have replied.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I don't know how the allocation of Concierges actually works. On the few occassions that I've sent a message to the email address (which appears to be a generic one), different people have replied.
You should have been contacted by a concierge from a personal e-mail address. Others may check / respond from that e-mail address when the named concierge is off.

The concierge is good for simple administrative tasks (applying TSUs, missing point credit, etc.) and e-mail is an efficient way to handle these issues. It certainly beats having to take the time to phone in. While the program certainly could be better, I value the service provided in its current state.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Ah - makes sense now...the Concierge program makes a lot more sense & is more useful...when one actually has a Concierge
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Ah - makes sense now...the Concierge program makes a lot more sense & is more useful...when one actually has a Concierge

To be fair, what difference does it make if the note "early check-in plz" is sent to one person ("your" Concierge) or many (generic MyConcierge mailbox)? The latter method is probably more efficient in practice.

Overall, I don't feel that I've been missing out, especially in light of the examples you provided.

Last edited by Hydro88; Jan 12, 2020 at 7:01 pm
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jgsx
Are you a ‘true’ 60 night Globalist? Globalist through challenges, 55 night, etc. do not get a concierge.
55 night globalists got concierges (despite what the terms said). The promotional ones did not, though (I've been in both circumstances in different years, so I am sure of this)

The Concierge "perk" is utterly worthless anyway.
I disagree. The concierges can immediately solve problems that the phone agents can only submit to be reviewed by someone else. A 5 minute phone call can save you a week of back-and-forth. The concierges will also sometimes be more lenient and bend rules in your favor. They can request complimentary upgrades for you (this is actually something in the system -- not just a note -- and it's in addition to the normal globalist status reservation. I'm not 100% sure exactly what the effect is -- I'd assume that the hotel might prioritize them when blocking out rooms and deciding which globalists get upgraded and which don't?)

I never really saw the point of the concierge service either, until I actually started using it. It's not useless.
UA-NYC, 59Impala and linkboi like this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:46 pm

I don’t know about globalist concierge but Hyatt does have the best Twitter/social media team compared to other chains. Fast and competent responses.
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:40 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jgsx
Are you a ‘true’ 60 night Globalist? Globalist through challenges, 55 night, etc. do not get a concierge.
I completed 60 nights by mid December as I was not eligible for the Globalist Challenge, but still nothing despite several reminders.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:06 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I could not find a thread on this, I was made globalist in December 2019 and I have yet to have an assigned Hyatt Concierge, I have emailed world of Hyatt a few times without reply, does anyone know anything I can do or contact to make some sort of connect with Hyatt?
This was the same as me, hit 60 nights in Dec, got the email saying a concierge would be reaching out but no one did. I emailed the concierge address for my region since I previously had a concierge. Got told yes go ahead and direct anything here.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
How do you find the concierge address for your region? I am between the middle east and Europe, if anyone has it, I would appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.