FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globalist Concierge Advice
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:13 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jgsx
Are you a ‘true’ 60 night Globalist? Globalist through challenges, 55 night, etc. do not get a concierge.
55 night globalists got concierges (despite what the terms said). The promotional ones did not, though (I've been in both circumstances in different years, so I am sure of this)

Originally Posted by Hydro88
The Concierge "perk" is utterly worthless anyway.
I disagree. The concierges can immediately solve problems that the phone agents can only submit to be reviewed by someone else. A 5 minute phone call can save you a week of back-and-forth. The concierges will also sometimes be more lenient and bend rules in your favor. They can request complimentary upgrades for you (this is actually something in the system -- not just a note -- and it's in addition to the normal globalist status reservation. I'm not 100% sure exactly what the effect is -- I'd assume that the hotel might prioritize them when blocking out rooms and deciding which globalists get upgraded and which don't?)

I never really saw the point of the concierge service either, until I actually started using it. It's not useless.