Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hotel Points Guy
I have also read the WOH terms and conditions, which states the following regarding Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards:

Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access...
What does that mean?

1. An Explorist gets to enter a lounge four times.

2. An Explorist gets to enter a lounge unlimited times during four stays.

3. An Explorist and the registered occupants of his or her room get to enter a lounge four times.

4. An Explorist and the registered occupants of his or her room get to enter a lounge unlimited times during four stays.

That's a broad range of experiences.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
HH/HP are now substandard accommodations?
They're way less desirable. Which is a big part of why I bailed. Not willing to regularly stay in HP/HH when I travel, would rather stay in the full service Marriott up the street.

Not criticizing your lesser standards, it just isn't worth it to me personally.

Originally Posted by serpens
What does that mean?

1. An Explorist gets to enter a lounge four times.

2. An Explorist gets to enter a lounge unlimited times during four stays.

3. An Explorist and the registered occupants of his or her room get to enter a lounge four times.

4. An Explorist and the registered occupants of his or her room get to enter a lounge unlimited times during four stays.

That's a broad range of experiences.
It means what common sense suggests it means. You can redeem (subject to availability) for club lounge access on four stays. You're then subject to the property's club access rules, hours, etc.
iflyjetz likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:49 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
From reading this thread, it appears that some folks would be happier with further subdivisions of Globalist:
  1. Stayed 60 cheap nights, on my own dime.
  2. Stayed 60 nights, some cheap and some expensive, all on my own dime.
  3. Stayed 100 cheap nights, on my own dime.
  4. Stayed 100 nights, some cheap and some expensive, on my own dime.
  5. Stayed 60 cheap nights, on expense account.
  6. Stayed 60 nights, some cheap and some expensive, on expense account.
  7. Stayed 100 cheap nights, on expense account.
  8. Stayed 100 nights, some cheap and some expensive, on expense account.
  9. And the ultimate highest level of all time: Paid FAR more than I needed to pay, for every stay, in order to impress folks in the lower categories, who will surely admire me for the sheer magnitude of my overspending. Now, if you don't mind, I'll take my rightful place in the queue: directly in front of you.

The paradox is that if you're really filthy rich, then why oh why would you even care how highly you're regarded by us deplorables?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, American Platinum, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by kiowavt
...And yes, my mix involved as few Hyatt Place stops as I could have. Not because they are not fine to say in, but because, in my experience, they are each so similar (other than the Bloomington Indiana one I love so much). Even a wonderful design can be boring over time...
I tend to agree. The cookie cutter uniformity of most Hyatt Places does get old after a while. I tend to avoid them when traveling with my family because I really dislike how (in many cases) the sink is located outside the shower and bathroom area. When I'm by myself, I can care less; but when others are present, it's nice to have some additional privacy with a sink located behind a door. In fact, I'm traveling with my family now and typing this from a Hampton Inn. There's a Hyatt Place literally across the street, but the whole sink and bathroom setup makes it a non-starter for me when shopping for hotels with my family.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
... I have to stay in these properties when I travel for work ... a new HP in Verona, WI was excellent ...
You don't happen to sell shower curtain rings perchance?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Has anyone been able to get confirmation regarding suite upgrades?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
From reading this thread, it appears that some folks would be happier with further subdivisions of Globalist:
  1. Stayed 60 cheap nights, on my own dime.
  2. Stayed 60 nights, some cheap and some expensive, all on my own dime.
  3. Stayed 100 cheap nights, on my own dime.
  4. Stayed 100 nights, some cheap and some expensive, on my own dime.
  5. Stayed 60 cheap nights, on expense account.
  6. Stayed 60 nights, some cheap and some expensive, on expense account.
  7. Stayed 100 cheap nights, on expense account.
  8. Stayed 100 nights, some cheap and some expensive, on expense account.
  9. And the ultimate highest level of all time: Paid FAR more than I needed to pay, for every stay, in order to impress folks in the lower categories, who will surely admire me for the sheer magnitude of my overspending. Now, if you don't mind, I'll take my rightful place in the queue: directly in front of you.

The paradox is that if you're really filthy rich, then why oh why would you even care how highly you're regarded by us deplorables?
I would be happier only if 1-4 is moved ahead of 5-8
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Has anyone been able to get confirmation regarding suite upgrades?
I asked the same question. I didn't see anything relevant in the T&Cs.

Originally Posted by serpens

This statement summarizes my experience, but YMMV. Making people use all 4 nights would leave them short on a weeklong vacation stay, and I can't imagine that was the intention. It would be similar to offering 1 night suite upgrade certs and kicking you out when your time is up. That interpretation makes no sense.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I have written to WOH Concierge. will report back if there is anything to be shared.
I will be surprised if they bother. Apart from using up points and suite upgrades before they reset at the end of Feb earlier in the year, I since then I haven't set foot in a Hyatt. Shame, as I really enjoy visiting some of their properties, but there are sod all around Europe, I wasn't going to be spending much time this year in the US and so given my business to Hilton. Not as good as Hyatt, but they do look after you as a Diamond.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriot, Delta, SWA
Do you have to pay for the hotel stay using Hyatt Credit card to qualify for the promo? I am thinking of signing up for Hyatt CC but I have to use Corporate card for my hotel stays. Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:00 pm

with SPG offering a 2X bonus on stays - 1 stay = 2 stays i think there is going to be major push to secure elites coming into next year.

I don't know if this is good news or bad news for us...
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Thank you Hyatt! I'm the bozo that decided to go all in and earn 60 nights this year, and now you allow anyone to do it with 20 nights in 3 months. Absolutely shows that they were coming up short with people to maintain status.

And NO, I haven't been upgraded. A corner room isn't an upgrade.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Hyatt has outdone themselves this time. They've managed to p*ss off.......well.....EVERYBODY who is a frequent stayer.

For starters there are the (numerous) people like myself. Used to bounce between a Plat/Diamond every year and received great benefits. GP is scuttled and WOH takes over, I am done chasing status. Not worth it with WOH. Became a free agent.

Well lets say Hyatt entices us back with this new fasttrack to status plan. This says you will be a Glob but wait...........

Originally Posted by yosithezet
What is the point? 4PM checkout, maybe a suite upgrade, and lounge access? Without the free night or the 4 suite upgrades. Am I missing something?
That sounds a lot like Glob light to me. So this crowd will be not impressed.

Then there are the people that earned Globs the regular way. Stayed 60 nights to get the benefits. They aren't happy because they now compete for 'benefits' with a larger pool of people.

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
When WoH came out, I made a deliberate decision to give Hyatt MORE THAN DOUBLE the nights I gave them in the past. I reasoned that the new, tougher requirements will thin the herd and (after the initial shakeout year in 2017) there will be far less competition for the Diamond / Globalist benefits.

Then they go and pull this crap.

Next year I'll be competing for "best available room at time of checkin" with people who stayed 1/6 as many nights as I stayed.

To add insult to injury, I'm the kind of Road Warrior who puts in a FULL (I mean FULL) day. I seldom check in to a hotel before 11 pm.

So "best available room at time of checkin" essentially means that _everyone_ else in the hotel has a better shot at the upgrade than I do (because they can check in at a sane hour).

Executive summary: I trusted Hyatt, so they kicked me in the teeth.
Any time your best customers feel like they received a kick in the teeth, that's probably not the intention of the "promotion"

Then there are the people outside the US and Canada.
Originally Posted by danger
International members given the middle finger.
Obviously the Hyatt footprint needs some expansion, notwithstanding some great hotels abroad.

The worst reaction of any customer.............capitulation. They've given up on anything good coming from the company and are resigned to the continual devaluation.

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
It's really mind boggling to me that the brain trust at Hyatt have done away with what was a fantastic program, Gold Passport, and replaced it with a sharply devalued one with these idiotic tier names such as Golb etc... They managed to send previously engaged guests running to spg and other competing programs by screwing them over. And now they're giving away "Glob" status to any tom dick or harry with a credit card who spends 20 nights?

At this point NOTHING surprises me anymore. I'll bet that it's only a matter of time before there is a merger or acquisitions and the WoH program will be short lived. I mean look at the graphics on the membership cards, it's a complete joke.
This could speak to the fact this promo is indicative that WOH is in a death spiral or it could speak to the fact that this promo might make Hyatt realize that WOH should be in a death spiral.

When capitulation sets in and others get for 1/3rd what you've worked hard to get, you consider the competition. Back in the GP days, that would be unthinkable. The Marriott vs Hyatt points value was so wide that only a fool would choose a comparable Marriott if a comparable Hyatt was nearby. Now, rather than Marriott/SPG pulling the guest in, incredibly, Hyatt seems to be pushing them....

Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
This offer makes a mockery of pursuing Globalist status through the published terms and may cause long term damage to the Hyatt brand's credibility. The WoH rollout must be falling way short of expectations.

Long time customers, brand promoters and (the most valuable of customers) people who would stay at a Hyatt despite other brands being more convenient have run the gauntlet from disbelieve to anger.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
My reaction to this is unprintable.

As a direct fact of the WOH rollout, I became a Marriott and Hilton leaning free agent. As such I now will only stay internationally, while domestically the San Francisco HR, the Vancouver HR and the DFW HR, get my business, strictly out of value and convenience. Bizarrely, this promo will work for me as I have some nights coming up in Vancouver.

So I will be one of the winners in this. However, going back to point number 1, I will be a Paper Globalist. I will have a nice, ummmmm, actually not so nice, card that says I am a Globalist. No free night. No 4 Suite Upgrades. So I get a bottle of water and a breakfast in the lounge.

I actually had a fairly good conversation with a FD Manager who stated quite up front that the WOH has been their largest single complaint since roll out. They have received surveys from guests after stays that give the property a 10 across the board, however the WOH got zeros. The feedback is being heard, however the company also got much 'feedback' from the franchise owners who thought the perks they were doling out were impacting the bottom line.

TL-DR - Current Globs are not happy. Promoted Globs will not be happy with less than Glob. I am a rare beneficiary in this.

Last edited by The smallest state; Aug 31, 2017 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I asked around and the only way to get TSU & free night awards is for 60 nights.

It appears they will get everything else though.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Do you think there is any truth in this post?

http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...t-track-logic/

Hyatt staff members have also confirmed that all of the benefits that are associated with status are given during the challenge which again is overly generous. Now anyone who either applies for the credit card or already has the credit card can accept the “quick qualification” and start doing the same thing they just reinvented the program to stop – eating breakfast, drinking free booze, and using suite upgrades.
The promotion period starts today, so somebody should soon be able to clarify whether Globalist benefits are available during the period (though I'm certain the answer is "no")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.