Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I haven't benefited from the resort fee waiver yet
I guess it is not that useful at HP/HH...
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks, iPad autocorrect
Yep. We all knew what happened ... and it provided some great comic relief.
DaveH and notquiteaff like this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Before anyone gets too upset. This promo is NOT getting people to Glob. It is merely issuing a card that says they are Glob and adding people to the pool of 'best available room'.

No DSU

No Free Night

No Resort fees waiver

.......but free water, breakfast and lounge access. It's sort of an Explorist-Plus or Globalist-lite.

Hyatt has found a unique promo here. Tick off all the Globs who earned status to "their level and promise Glob benefits without, well, the Glob benefits.

4 months x 20 stays

12 months x 60 stays
The T&C are clear - all globs get resort fee waivers. The Twitter response was wrong.

This promotion gets one to glob minus the TSUs and free night. I'm OK with that; I've gotten a decent number of suite upgrades at checkin thanks to the new policy.

Yes, same number of annualized nights. I wouldn't go for this offer if not for a 3 week vacation in October. I've picked out several locations that will allow me to easily make 20 nights. As a bonus, I got to make top tier at Fairmont this year and have decided that it's not for me.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
The T&C are clear - all globs get resort fee waivers. The Twitter response was wrong.

This promotion gets one to glob minus the TSUs and free night.
No, not minus anything. The promotion gets one glob, full stop.

The TSUs and the free night are not Glob benefits, they are rewards for reaching 60 nights. For first timers acquiring Glob status the regular way that happens simultaneously with the acquisition of Glob status because it also takes 60 nights to get Glob for the firs time. For existing globs the requal threshold is 55, but that doesn't give them the awards for 60 nights.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No, not minus anything. The promotion gets one glob, full stop.

The TSUs and the free night are not Glob benefits, they are rewards for reaching 60 nights. For first timers acquiring Glob status the regular way that happens simultaneously with the acquisition of Glob status because it also takes 60 nights to get Glob for the firs time. For existing globs the requal threshold is 55, but that doesn't give them the awards for 60 nights.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html
I fully agree with you, but there are some who are quite chapped about this offer/promotion and are talking it down as much as possible.

They'll have to endure competing with me for suites and lounge space for another year while I continue to drain my Hyatt account of points. And if Hyatt makes another offer/promotion for shortcut glob next year (they will) that works for me, I'll take them up on it. In fact, I think I'll plan my vacation for the Oct-Dec timeframe next year to be ready if they make the same offer (Hyatt management isn't known for originality).
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Does any one knows if there are any Hyatt properties that you don't have to physically be there to check in in order to check in?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Does any one knows if there are any Hyatt properties that you don't have to physically be there to check in in order to check in?
Any of them that allow web check in?

If your question is really "What hotels will allow me to claim qualifying nights without ever being physically present at the hotel?", then the answer is "There are none."
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I wonder if this is the "fall promotion"

Or maybe they will surprise us with something like "Enjoy free night awards for double the normal amount of points required!"
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:11 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Ausriver
That's so 2000's. Web Checking used to be usable for that, unfortunately, not now. Be there or be unrewarded.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1k Hyatt Globalist
Hyatt should learn from SPG to add 75 and 100 tier to differentiate those get globalist through fast track.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by williamqian2014
Hyatt should learn from SPG to add 75 and 100 tier to differentiate those get globalist through fast track.
That's exactly what they already do with 60+ night awards.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by williamqian2014
You might want to get familiar with the T&C. Along with the items cited by Hailstorm, there's this (copied and pasted from the T&C):

j) Additional Milestone Benefits: Globalists will receive additional benefits for completing seventy (70), eighty (80), ninety (90), and one hundred (100) Tier-Qualifying Nights during a Calendar Year. For each of these milestones, a Globalist will receive his or her choice of either: (a) ten thousand (10,000) Bonus Points or (b) one (1) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Award. A Member may receive a maximum of four (4) such benefits during any Calendar Year.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:21 am

To be fair, they are just more of the existing benefits (points/TSU), not completely new benefits like SPG75 and SPG100.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stargold
To be fair, they are just more of the existing benefits (points/TSU), not completely new benefits like SPG75 and SPG100.
For that, there's Courtesy Card.
iflyjetz likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
For that, there's Courtesy Card.
Wasn't the issue additional benefits at certain pre-defined numbers of nights in a given year? What is the criteria to qualify for CC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.