Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Any of them that allow web check in?

If your question is really "What hotels will allow me to claim qualifying nights without ever being physically present at the hotel?", then the answer is "There are none."

So would it be alright to not being there for check out?

I mean if I physically went to a particularly cheap hotel and check in for whatever nights without the intention to stay here. Can I make a call on the check out date to check out?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver

I mean if I physically went to a particularly cheap hotel and check in for whatever nights without the intention to stay here. Can I make a call on the check out date to check out?
I think that is allowed, but I have never tried it.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
An update...

the twitter reps have started dancing around my questions regarding the resort fee. They answer me, but talk about something similar that doesn't address it.

I went back and asked a simple yes or no question last night. It took almost 24 hours for them to respond to the question before it, and I suspect it will take another 24 hours to get yes or no - if they even answer.

So I'm going to say they gave me bad information, though I still want a definitive answer.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:19 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Instead of a quick answer to a complex question, please see the mattress run thread for lots of good info on this topic.

Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist

I don't even bother to call to check out on the check out date and have not had any problems thus far.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:50 pm

Not physically checking out is a normal thing. I often do not go to the desk and check out when I stay at a hotel. Sometimes I just don't have time. They will close the room and charge the card on file.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:50 pm

If i am using cash and point, i know it will count.

But if i am making multiple booking (one for relative), will it count as well ?

Last edited by ponickka; Sep 2, 2017 at 1:59 pm
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
LOL! I gotta love how this thread has turned into mattress run tips. You mattress runners, paying for your rooms on your own money, are ticking off those that pay with OPM because you're paying low prices for rooms that would otherwise go empty.

It looks like others also see value in globalist 'light'. Feel free to disparage us and emphasize the great value of TSUs and a free night cert.

Originally Posted by antonius66
Not physically checking out is a normal thing. I often do not go to the desk and check out when I stay at a hotel. Sometimes I just don't have time. They will close the room and charge the card on file.
^ If I don't physically check out, I call to ensure that they email a copy of the bill. That comes in handy when nights don't post properly ... and I do that for every hotel chain, not just Hyatt.

Originally Posted by ponickka
If i am using cash and point, i know it will count.

But if i am making multiple booking (one for relative), will it count as well ?
I assume you're referring to booking 2 rooms at a hotel and getting 2 nights' credit. Sadly, no. You will get points for 2 rooms but credit for only one night. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ultiple-rooms/

Last edited by iflyjetz; Sep 2, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
LOL! I gotta love how this thread has turned into mattress run tips. You mattress runners, paying for your rooms on your own money, are ticking off those that pay with OPM because you're paying low prices for rooms that would otherwise go empty.
I was tempted to try, until I got an offer from SPG for double qualifying nights. 13 nights for SPG/Marriott Platinum will come way cheaper than 20 Hyatt nights will.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I went back to the twitter rep, who I believe are not in this country
Just curious how you were able to tell the rep from twitter isn't from the US? I hope they don't outsource their twitter reps. It's hard enough to get good customer service these days, and if they outsource to a country that has so so English, the twitter customer service will just go down...
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Just curious how you were able to tell the rep from twitter isn't from the US? I hope they don't outsource their twitter reps. It's hard enough to get good customer service these days, and if they outsource to a country that has so so English, the twitter customer service will just go down...
Much such companies have "follow the sun" support. You wouldn't want to have somebody working at 3:00am in Chicago when you could have someone working at 1:30pm in Mumbai.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by antonius66

What would a hotel do when they saw empty hotel room for like a week? They wouldn't close the room earlier?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I was tempted to try, until I got an offer from SPG for double qualifying nights. 13 nights for SPG/Marriott Platinum will come way cheaper than 20 Hyatt nights will.
^ Correct; much better use of one's time and money. I've already got LT Plat there so no need to pursue that offer. And frankly, the SPG/Marriott combo has a huge footprint while Hyatt is miniscule.

What would a hotel do when they saw empty hotel room for like a week? They wouldn't close the room earlier?
There are various methods used. Obviously, the do not disturb sign. In addition, some will take a suitcase and leave it in a room they've booked for several days and will also make the room look lived in by moving the bedsheets and towels in the bathroom.

There are reports of having one checked out of the hotel if the room is found unused so take that into consideration if you're mattress running for several days.

I would recommend you do a flyertalk search for 'mattress run' and learn all of the techniques/pitfalls.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:00 pm

I am not talking about not being there, I am simply talking about when I check out after a stay. Sometimes I do not physically go check out, I just leave.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:35 pm

mLife/MGM resort stays count for the promotion?

Can someone confirm whether or not mLife/MGM resort stays count towards this promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.