Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again. 20-night Globalist for Hyatt credit cardholders.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by JackE
Does that still hold on using the Hyatt card for Hyatt stays, given the multiplier?
Hyatt card give 3x per USD in Hyatt points while CSReserve give 3x UR points. I'll take the UR points.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:39 am

Well the question is:

A) How many Hyatt cardholders have a desire to become Globalist.

B) How many Hyatt cardholders have 20 cash / c&p nights lined up in a Hyatt before EOY.

C) How many Hyatt cardholders, who are primarily leisure travelers, can (justify) afford to mattress run 20 nights simply to have Globalist status for ~15 months.

D) Of those who earn Globalist via this offer, how many of them will interfere with the travels of pre-existing Globalists.

If you analysis the details, and leave emotions aside, it's more or less a moot point.
ceebee100 and benitovacation like this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:42 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by ericcheung
How exactly does a hotel decide which globalist gets the suite upgrade? This is probably the change that will annoy most of the 60 night globalists the most. If there is a clear rank (points/spend for last year/rolling 12 months or number of nights stayed) then this shouldn't annoy most.

​​​​​​How does the number of globalists actually help WOH metrics if they can simply give it away. Perhaps it's to help with the value proposition of the Chase card (why have it other than the free night and just earn more on the Sapphire reserve instead). Or perhaps it's to help fill Hyatt houses and the low end Vegas mgm resorts during a slower business season?

Getting a DSU/TSU to work is tough enough when hotels can play games on what is a standard suite. Hopefully some type of clarity on suite prioritization will help quell the anger.

I presume it is based on check-in time, similar to the "Priority Room Availability" benefit.

(f) Priority Room Availability: Should a Globalist attempt to check-in to a Hyatt hotel or resort at which (s)he has a reservation and should no rooms of the category reserved by the Member be immediately available, the Member will be offered the first room of that category that becomes available. The Member may alternatively be offered the option to exercise his or her Best Room Available benefit, should an eligible room above the category reserved by the Member be available. (In the event that a hotel or resort finds it necessary to apply this benefit to more than one (1) Globalist for the same room category on the same day, the Globalists will be prioritized based on when each Globalist requests to check-in.) This benefit is not available and may not be exercised before 9:00 a.m. local time at the applicable Hyatt hotel or resort. This benefit is not available at Hyatt Residence Club resorts or M Life Resorts.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Well the question is:

For some, the question is how many have a desire to remain Globalist. Unlike most status matches, this promotion is open to people that are current top tier members as well, and lots of Globalists dissatisfied with WoH here have pledged that they are just burning points before moving on. Perhaps this promotion will convince them to give Hyatt another year?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I signed up and now being really worried about how to get 20 nights perfectly in 3 month period.

I don't know why so many people get so upset about the it. If someone can have 20 nights in 3 months with ease, it will not be that hard for them to have 60 nights in a year. And for someone needs to push to 20 nights (like me), we will have to pay extra for some non-essential nights and that's the price we paid for globalist lite.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ausriver
I signed up and now being really worried about how to get 20 nights perfectly in 3 month period.
Four months. September, October, November, December.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Four months. September, October, November, December.
Mine one shows as valid through 23 Nov 2017... it only gave me 3 months since signing up...
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ausriver
Mine one shows as valid through 23 Nov 2017... it only gave me 3 months since signing up...
Then you must have signed up for something different than we're talking about.

Only stays completed between September 1, 2017 and December 30, 2017 (“Qualification Period”) will be eligible for this promotion.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Well the question is:

B) How many Hyatt cardholders have 20 cash / c&p nights lined up in a Hyatt before EOY.

C) How many Hyatt cardholders, who are primarily leisure travelers, can (justify) afford to mattress run 20 nights simply to have Globalist status for ~15 months.

D) Of those who earn Globalist via this offer, how many of them will interfere with the travels of pre-existing Globalists.

If you analysis the details, and leave emotions aside, it's more or less a moot point.
None of those are what is driving this. To know what is driving this, the following is at the heart of this:

The question really comes down to how many people will acquire/retain the Hyatt credit card to acquire/retain Hyatt Globalist status.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:53 am

I've been diamondist on nights every year for the past 16 or 18. I'm at 67 nights for this year, with 53 more booked. And here comes this offer. Yeah, I'm feeling warm and fuzzy about WoH this morning. I'm looking at those 53 nights and wondering if my pursuit of lifetime globamond is worth it...a lifetime of diluted benefits. (?)

Look around here and you'll see me writing in glowing terms about the people, the properties and (to a lesser extent) the program. I really don't know anymore. I'm not sure why getting the offer made it more real to me; I read FT, so I know the offer has been out there. As my mother would say: "not mad, just disappointed".
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Delete
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, AS MVP, WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Exp, Hertz PC
Well the question is:

I know I won't. I stayed ~40 nights in hotels for each of the past two years, all leisure, and I'd be lucky if Hyatt has presence in a quarter of those markets.

With this promo I can reach Explorist, and Globalist with minimal matress run, if Hyatt has a wider footprint, which is just not the case.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Well, if anyone wanted confirmation that the WoH is causing Hyatt to lose lots of money, this is it.
Renard likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by solewalker
Targeted?

Wow, if I had stayed 59 nights to date, I'd be pissed.

Seriously, they probably should have seen this coming. With their footprint, it's hard for people outside the US to stay 60 nights.
And yet this offer isn't available to us since we can't have the credit card.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Well, if anyone wanted confirmation that the WoH is causing Hyatt to lose lots of money, this is it.
Lose lots of money? Not so sure about that. It could be more about trying to make even more money at a time of high room occupancy levels and preparing for a downturn of sorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.