Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jameswes
Great, thanks for the update Travis! I'm staying here next week and very much looking forward to our stay here.

Any advice/tips/tricks? It'll be my first time in Amsterdam so if you've got any recommendations for the hotel, things in the area, or any other information it's welcome (either as a post or DM).
Amsterdam is a very walkable city. However the public transport is great, so make sure to get a OV-chipcard. You can either load it with funds or multi day tickets.

Of course a canal tour is a must, I recommend https://flagshipamsterdam.com

If you want to go to the Anne Frank museum buy tickets online early.

Go at opening and buy https://vanstapele.com cookies.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Amsterdam is a very walkable city. However the public transport is great, so make sure to get a OV-chipcard. You can either load it with funds or multi day tickets.
Of course a canal tour is a must, I recommend https://flagshipamsterdam.com
If you want to go to the Anne Frank museum buy tickets online early.

Go at opening and buy https://vanstapele.com cookies.
Thanks for the tip on Anne Frank. I got tickets the very last day before heading home more than a week from now.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jameswes
Great, thanks for the update Travis! I'm staying here next week and very much looking forward to our stay here.

Any advice/tips/tricks? It'll be my first time in Amsterdam so if you've got any recommendations for the hotel, things in the area, or any other information it's welcome (either as a post or DM).
Try to eat at Moeders restaurant. Traditional (bur delicious) Dutch food in a cozy, familial style.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
The Regency Club is not open, but you can get house wine, beer, well drinks, and a charcuterie platter.
interesting! The app is selling club access rooms. Has the club since opened? Or if not, how does this house wine offer work? Just one glass or unlimited in the bar for an hour or two?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
interesting! The app is selling club access rooms. Has the club since opened? Or if not, how does this house wine offer work? Just one glass or unlimited in the bar for an hour or two?

unlimited.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: Lots
Stayed here earlier this month. Lounge is now “open” but only coffee / cokes / water available, no attendants. Replacement for Globs is now 20€ per night credit for bar / restaurant. Essentially worth an appetizer and a beer. The lumpia was quite tasty!
Old Sep 11, 2021, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by IggySD
Stayed here earlier this month. Lounge is now “open” but only coffee / cokes / water available, no attendants. Replacement for Globs is now 20€ per night credit for bar / restaurant. Essentially worth an appetizer and a beer. The lumpia was quite tasty!
well that is a downgrade!
Old Oct 1, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Is the max occupancy of a "normal" room (1 King, or 2 Twin), two people? It looks like if you change it to three, the "minimum" size/type room the website asks you to book is "1 King Bed with Club Access Deluxe," rather than say, a "1 King Bed."

It doesn't seem like "with Club Access Deluxe" and "without," differ in their number of sleeping surfaces, but I don't blame the property for asking/requiring this. Though it would be more defensible if the larger/higher-end room had some sort of a sleeping sofa thing.

The Hyatt site's booking flow also offers a rollaway bed option, but I would therefore assume it's just a default option for any property, and not necessarily one that HR Amsterdam typically offers?

For anyone that's stayed here, does it seem like the room would even fit a rollaway bed? (Or rather, how do they prefer to handle >2 guests? Besides asking you to book a suite, of course.)
Old Oct 1, 2021, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Is the max occupancy of a "normal" room (1 King, or 2 Twin), two people? It looks like if you change it to three, the "minimum" size/type room the website asks you to book is "1 King Bed with Club Access Deluxe," rather than say, a "1 King Bed."

It doesn't seem like "with Club Access Deluxe" and "without," differ in their number of sleeping surfaces, but I don't blame the property for asking/requiring this. Though it would be more defensible if the larger/higher-end room had some sort of a sleeping sofa thing.

The Hyatt site's booking flow also offers a rollaway bed option, but I would therefore assume it's just a default option for any property, and not necessarily one that HR Amsterdam typically offers?

For anyone that's stayed here, does it seem like the room would even fit a rollaway bed? (Or rather, how do they prefer to handle >2 guests? Besides asking you to book a suite, of course.)
I can tell you when wife and I stayed there, there literally wasn't room for a suitcase on the floor, let alone a roll away...think they size of a cruise ship room.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:33 am

Never been in a room that size. The rooms run 248-323 sq ft, but we tend to get a corner or irregular shaped room.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I can tell you when wife and I stayed there, there literally wasn't room for a suitcase on the floor, let alone a roll away...think they size of a cruise ship room.
Ah I see. Thank you. I suppose a cruise ship sized room makes sense given its rather central location in Amsterdam.
bsdstone likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Ah I see. Thank you. I suppose a cruise ship sized room makes sense given its rather central location in Amsterdam.
Yup, worked perfectly for us...was just the two of us, and didn't do much other than sleep and shower at the hotel...for a long weekend in Amsterdam the location is great. Hotel lacks a sense of place, but again, if you're looking for location, this place is great!
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Yup, worked perfectly for us...was just the two of us, and didn't do much other than sleep and shower at the hotel...for a long weekend in Amsterdam the location is great. Hotel lacks a sense of place, but again, if you're looking for location, this place is great!
It also looks quite nice[ly furnished and appointed] for an HR? (Or maybe their photographer is just very good.) What did you guys think?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 8:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
It’s nice looking but the furniture is not terribly comfortable. Definitely ‘nice for an HR’, not ‘very nice’. I think this hotel definitely punches above its weight but someone above stated it makes sense the rooms are so small due to its central location and that’s… not entirely accurate. It’s not like it’s in the canal belt. You’re between student housing and larger apartment hotels. They just decided to squeeze value by making tiny rooms.

I have only stayed in the suites and those were roomy. Very nice bathrooms.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It also looks quite nice[ly furnished and appointed] for an HR? (Or maybe their photographer is just very good.) What did you guys think?
Well, this is embarrasing...I was thinking this was the Hilton thread that I'm also on and my responses were based on the Doubletree Amsterdam...ugh. Completely ignore my comments upthread.
We were upgraded to a suite here and the room was very large, even by American standards. I haven't been in a regular room, but doubt the rooms are anywhere near as small as I described above...my sincere (and humble and embarrassing) apolgies.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.