Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Amsterdam REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2023, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by wilywombat
Has anyone had any experience with the guest bicycles that they offer? Would love to give Amsterdam's bike infrastructure a spin
I recall I was quoted around 25 euros/daily. We opted to go with a local rental that was a few dollars less.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl
I recall I was quoted around 25 euros/daily. We opted to go with a local rental that was a few dollars less.
Oof, 25 euros a day sounds steep. Thanks for the tip, I'll look elsewhere.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
700 euros for a basic room in a HR in May?
Really?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:32 pm
cwc

If you have a Hyatt credit card, this is a good place to use the free night. HR Amsterdam is award category is going from 4 to 5 starting March 28! But I just check... most night in May are in the 300+EU (advance purchase) 400EU (flex member) Only weekend I see high at 500EU. Only May 25-26 is sold out. Must be some event in Amsterdam.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:33 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
700 euros for a basic room in a HR in May?
Really?
Ridiculous. As nice as the restaurant is, the rooms and sites don't deserve that price. It may be a cruise buy out driving the price up.

I would look for a real luxury option!
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by cwc
If you have a Hyatt credit card, this is a good place to use the free night. HR Amsterdam is award category is going from 4 to 5 starting March 28! But I just check... most night in May are in the 300+EU (advance purchase) 400EU (flex member) Only weekend I see high at 500EU. Only May 25-26 is sold out. Must be some event in Amsterdam.
Thank you!
I don’t have a Hyatt CC (based in Europe) but have free award but no room available to use them or points (23-24 May) and public rates are insane (EUR630 advance purchase, EUR700 flex member)? Even slightly higher than the Andaz?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 1:32 pm

Does anybody know which room types are available as connecting rooms?

I have 2 rooms booked, a king and 2 twins. I am thinking about using a suite upgrade award on the King room. Does the standard suite connect to any other rooms? Family of 5 traveling here ...
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:39 pm

Deleted
Old Mar 26, 2023, 4:35 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by brewernq
Does anybody know which room types are available as connecting rooms?

I have 2 rooms booked, a king and 2 twins. I am thinking about using a suite upgrade award on the King room. Does the standard suite connect to any other rooms? Family of 5 traveling here ...
I think the Regency Exec Suite had a connecting door, from memory.
brewernq likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Thank you!
I don’t have a Hyatt CC (based in Europe) but have free award but no room available to use them or points (23-24 May) and public rates are insane (EUR630 advance purchase, EUR700 flex member)? Even slightly higher than the Andaz?
There is a Bruce Springsteen concert on the 25th probably driving up the price.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I think the Regency Exec Suite had a connecting door, from memory.
I just had a stay in the Regency Executive Suite and can confirm this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:43 am

Quick trip report... finished 4 nights on an award stay, Wednesday to Sunday. Was upgraded from the standard king room to the Regency Executive Suite, which is categorized as a premium suite. Nice of them to go above and beyond the standard suite Globalist upgrade eligibility.

Overall, we quite liked this property as tourists and would generally recommend it. It's a 3-5 minute walk from two tram stops and a metro station, so it's very easy to get to/from Amsterdam Central. The interior's vibe and hardware feel pretty fresh and hip, at least for a Regency property. The breakfast, served in the restaurant every morning, was quite good (I particularly liked the focaccia offerings), but I recommend rolling in either right at opening (7am) or a decent amount later, since it would get packed with Viking cruise passengers by 7:15 or 7:30am. It's on a decently wide street, but credit to Amsterdam's urban planning priorities, since the dearth of private vehicle traffic means that it's pretty safe to cross at all times, at least compared to a similar road in North America. Everyone that we interacted with was kind, helpful and cheerful. We did not visit the lounge or use the gym/spa, so nothing to report on those fronts.

Nitpick: the wi-fi speeds promise 10 megabits/sec up and down, but it felt pretty anemic during basic video streaming and would occasionally drop out. Bumping up the speeds to 20 or 30 megabits down would go a long way toward making it more livable.

This was a pretty easy recommendation for any tourists with a Cat 1-4 FNC to burn, but I'm less sure now that it's back to being Category 5. Have not tried the Andaz, so I can't speak to a head-to-head comparison.

Last edited by wilywombat; Apr 5, 2023 at 10:49 am
Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:40 am

Is the lounge open at the moment?
Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by clublevel15
Is the lounge open at the moment?
yes it is. free alcohol and pretty nice selection of food in the evening
Old Apr 15, 2023, 5:49 am

Rates in Amsterdam are being driven up (partly) by the Vermeer exhibit. Probably never going to happen again in our lifetimes so people are rushing to see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.