Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Thanks much! I missed the responses.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy LTT,
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Have they bothered to reach out to anyone who has completely dropped Hyatt?

I went from 35 nights last year to zero so far (seven award nights booked), so no opportunity to fill out any survey.
After the WoH announcement I hit 50ni, just in case the program turned out ok, then hit the breaks. This was my 8th consecutive year qualifying as Diamond/Glob. Zero stays this year and not a peep from Hyatt. As I said earlier in this thread, this is a big miss from a data analytics standpoint. By contrast when I left Hilton ~15yrs ago, they called me and offered incentives to return after 2mo of zero stays. With 15yrs of advancements in IT you'd think Hyatt could spot big shifts in say patterns. Evidently they cannot.

On the plus side I have 500K points to burn like there's no tomorrow.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I had my first Hyatt night since Feb and no one contacted me to see why I stopped. So far I'm at 20 nights but thats because of a 6 night Bellagio stay. And now with Marriotts 2K for each stay, they have me back to Marriott again. It's sad how great Hyatt was and in a blink of an eye it was gone. Earning 2800 points on a 525.00 reservation is not going to keep me around sadly.
Old May 18, 2017, 2:08 pm

I think a negative review of WoH in their post-stay surveys is what triggers the contact.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:07 pm

So far one paid night and one reward night in 2017, after 4 years as diamond averaging $20K spend and at least 50 nights annually (some years twice that). No one reached out, no offer to bridge any gap between the programs during the first year, no questions, etc. Very disappointing given that the supposed excellent customer service was what used to make up for Hyatt's smaller footprint. Combination of the ridiculous stay requirements (no reward nights, nights only) and my current work travel pattern (places without Hyatts) and, of course, no one bothering to ask why I disappeared has made me determine that this is a year to burn my 200K+ points and move on. Very disappointing.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If Hyatt reached out and said "Why have we lost your business?" would people think it's nice or creepy, in a big-brother-data way?

What about all of those people who have just stopped for other good reasons - business change, birth in the family, death in the family, death, etc.?

Would you expect that Hyatt should give you some enticement to return to the faith?

I can't really see Hyatt pro-actively contacting people just because their business has petered out. At least, with a negative review, they have an ostensible reason for the contact.
Old May 18, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
If Hyatt reached out and said "Why have we lost your business?" would people think it's nice or creepy, in a big-brother-data way?

What about all of those people who have just stopped for other good reasons - business change, birth in the family, death in the family, death, etc.?

Would you expect that Hyatt should give you some enticement to return to the faith?

I can't really see Hyatt pro-actively contacting people just because their business has petered out. At least, with a negative review, they have an ostensible reason for the contact.
Well said 👍🏼
Old May 18, 2017, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
You can't see a reason why they should do it?

Not creepy at all. Everyone knows they have the data to determine who has stopped being a customer. Everyone knows they have the ability to send emails. Everyone knows they do focus groups, surveys, etc. There is nothing creepy about a polite email stating

"We have noticed you haven't stayed with us for a while. Hope everything is okay. If you feel comfortable sharing the reason(s) for your decreased visits to our hotels, here is a brief survey."

(Rewrite it in proper marketing speak)

I would not expect anything unless they come to the conclusion (based on overall data) that they screwed up and should entice disenchanted customers.

I would basically just see it as an opportunity to give feedback (and maybe.... just maybe... influence them), like every survey I get after staying at a property. Not sure what you could find wrong with that.

Last edited by notquiteaff; May 18, 2017 at 4:28 pm
Old May 18, 2017, 5:22 pm

I have to disagree based on experience with other arguably less people focused travel providers, like airlines that have sent out such e-mails. When I dropped American, I got a comp status offer from them to lure me back.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:00 am

I was contacted by the Engagement team and was asked if I was interested in speaking with someone. It was easier for me to respond via email, and they asked me a few questions about the program. Basically the same things people have posted about.

I preferred doing it this way because I could give a more thought out response than I probably could during a phone conversation. I spend a bit of time thinking about it, read some of the gripes on the forum, and wrote a nice, long response along with personal examples.

I also suggested they should either do something soon and announce it or they would lose a lot of businesses because people would not be able to requalify if they are giving their business to other chains throughout this year.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:18 am

I don't think it's creepy...well, no more so than the fact that the mega companies know a vast amount about us if we choose to participate in rewards/incentive programs. In fact I kind of welcome those "we miss you" emails , mostly from stores, offering discounts/incentives to return.
As for Hyatt, I have 20 plus nights over 5 stays. Only one stay generated a survey.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:06 pm

Well I lit them up about an incident I had at a hotel and also about woh in general on my last survey and the only person to contact me was...the assistant executive housekeeper (I did not have a housekeeping issue). Interesting.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by antonius66
the only person to contact me was...the assistant executive housekeeper
lol. That's who responded to me on behalf of HR Sacramento recently, as well. My complaint was primarily about the internet (longstanding problem at this property).
Old May 22, 2017, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kacee
lol. That's who responded to me on behalf of HR Sacramento recently, as well. My complaint was primarily about the internet (longstanding problem at this property).
Maybe it isn't just member levels that got "creative" new names.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: AA LTPlat, Marriott LTTitanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I rated my last Hyatt stay the lowest possible on TripAdvisor and got an email from Omaha asking me to explain. The hotel was fine, it was just the new WOH that is a total waste of time for me. Anytime a sad little bottle of water is highlighted as an elite benefit, you know the marketing group is grasping at straws. I replied to Omaha with a rather pointed and detailed response. In response, I was thanked for taking the time to prepare such a detailed response. No matter how much I want to maintain my status, there is simply nothing in WOH for me. I don't eat breakfast, I never get a suite upgrade, and the sad little bottle of water is a sadistic joke. So no more driving for an hour out of my way to stay at a Hyatt when for my purposes, a Holiday Inn is just around the corner. The latest promotion from IHG I get enough pts for 37 free nights at the lowest level hotel which is as good as a Hyatt Place or House for my purposes. Unfortunately, I'll spend some 300 nights this year in hotels, and should I have a sudden hankering for my sad little bottle of water benefit, I'll head for a Hyatt as that's all the elite benefit that I can see from WOH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.