Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by josephstern
"Many customers expressed happiness with being able to time their 60th night in order to properly set the 365-day expiration clock on their TSUs!"
This customer provided the exact opposite feedback to the engagement team.

Although, I guess I told them I would be moving stays to Marriott/SPG from August through October so that i don't hit Glob until December, and I guess they could have interpreted that as meaning I was happy to be staying at Marriott/SPG.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I stay at the Vancouver and San Francisco HR's about once a month for a week each. Every time I get the survey I slate the WoH and provide positive feedback about the staff and hotels, as they are both really good.

The FD manager recognized me at my last check-in and said that the WoH is changing. The changes are "coming" and "your feedback has been vital"
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by The smallest state
The FD manager recognized me at my last check-in and said that the WoH is changing. The changes are "coming" and "your feedback has been vital"
They going to make it better or even worse?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think they've reached the damage control point which is why the engagement team is now saying something different.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Great question..............

1- the whole WoH is a terrible disincentive to most frequent flyers

2- The rollout of a lifestyle brand rather than a points program was poorly thought out

3- that ridiculous Reddit AMA with Jeff Z was just a disaster

So in answer to your question...........I don't know. I know the message implied to me was "its gonna get better" but with this shambolic and crazy rollout, who knows?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Originally Posted by austin_modern
"We've heard that you dislike the 120 day use period of the Cat 1-4 certificates and the timing of the suite upgrade benefits, so to respond to the feedback of our most valued guests, we have changed the Cat 1-4 certificates to a 90 day period and removed the suite upgrade benefit completely because so many of you have said you would move to Marriott/SPG because of the timing of the certificates. At Hyatt, we listen to our most valued customers."
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hyatt asks "Why settle....[for HP/HH as a Glob]?"

Ironically, I just got an email from Hyatt indicated as Glob in the upper right corner encouraging me to make reservations to stay at HPs and HHS this summer. The heading is "Why Settle on Your Next Summer Vacation?" The text emphasizes benefits such as free breakfast (without mentioning that it's free breakfast for all, not a Glob benefit) and large rooms (again, neglecting to mention that even when a HP or HH has an available suite, upgrades are not given as a Glob benefit).

To add to my grievances: Hyatt thinks we're stupid.

It would be fun to see the Hyatt data and verify just how many elites are booking away from Hyatt, especially the HP and HH brands, since WHOA has taken away even the minor benefits that top tier elites received as Diamonds while requiring so many more nights to retain meaningful (at other brands) status.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 16, 2017 at 6:15 pm Reason: Added title to post
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Exactly, they think we're stupid (or at least let's say messaging such as you note really makes one wonder how can Marketing think anything other than us Globs are stupid).
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:37 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As WoH Dirt-level, I got the same e-mail promoting HHs/HPs. Exactly because of the large footprint of these properties in the U.S. HY identity, is my reason why expanding elite tiers from 2 to 3 was unnecessary. I mean what practical in-property benefits is a higher WoH elite tier going to get one at the typical HH/HP? A larger bottle of purified water?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So . . . you guys are just going to totally ignore the bottle of water?

Edit: looks like I was a little late on that one.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Oh dear, the Hyatt email forgot to remind me that as a Glob, I might get one free bottle of water as my welcome amenity if I stay at a HP or HH. I guess they realized that it won't make a difference to me.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We're they seriously not giggling to themselves when they added the water bottle amenity?

Had to be tongue-in-cheek.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Hyatt should play up the "joke" by placing a chilled champagne bucket on the counter and then when a Globalist checks in they can be like, "please accept our gift of a chilled bottle of fine... Dasani" and then enjoy the Globalist's reactions.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Katlor
Hyatt should play up the "joke" by placing a chilled champagne bucket on the counter and then when a Globalist checks in they can be like, "please accept our gift of a chilled bottle of fine... Dasani" and then enjoy the Globalist's reactions.
They'd tell everyone the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, regardless of how we really felt.

Last edited by cmglobal; Jun 17, 2017 at 12:11 am
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by cmglobal
They'd tell everyone the feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
Well, maybe people were glad that Hyatt didn't offer Dom champagne rather than Krug? By offering the water, Hyatt wisely avoided this dilemma.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.