Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2017, 3:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by boogen
Regardless, it's a way to fight back against these programs like WOH and Advantage that take the top programs and race to the bottom.
I think you're overestimating how much Hyatt cares.

My personal view is, pick the program that works best for you, and then be happy with it, regardless of flaws.
Old May 31, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think you're overestimating how much Hyatt cares.

My personal view is, pick the program that works best for you, and then be happy with it, regardless of flaws.
^ This.

The more I've thought about the changes, the more I see that Hyatt is targeting corporate business where customers are 1) not very price sensitive, and 2) willing to accept less benefits than comparable programs.

I'd love to cut my ties with Hyatt and move on but I've accumulated a ton of HGP points over the years (due to the difficulty of burning points and still qualifying for Diamond) that will take me quite a while to burn. I probably won't have all of my points burned off until sometime next year. Once that's done, I'm off to Stariott.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by itsallgood
^ This.

The more I've thought about the changes, the more I see that Hyatt is targeting corporate business where customers are 1) not very price sensitive, and 2) willing to accept less benefits than comparable programs.
Usually a premium expensive brand comes with premium service. Unfortunately this is not the case with Hyatt. It's a premium brand with bad service. Doesn't work that well IRL.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:04 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Hyatt Regency Thessaloniki

I have just received a personal e-mail, not an automated one, from the guest relations manager to also provide feedback on WOH.

Greetings from Thessaloniki and thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency for your recent stay!

As a VIP guest, your feedback is very valuable to us, so if you have any comments concerning the hotel (rooms, food, staff, e.t.c.), please let me know as it will help us improve.

In addition, I would like your opinion on the new loyalty program, World Of Hyatt compared to the previous program Gold Passport.

Thank you in advance and hope to welcome you back again soon!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I had the opposite experience. I just received the survey for my stay last weekend and it did not include any mention of WoH. The other survey I received had separate WoH questions with a space to write additional comments.

I wonder if they haven't already received enough abuse
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Usually a premium expensive brand comes with premium service. Unfortunately this is not the case with Hyatt. It's a premium brand with bad service. Doesn't work that well IRL.
While I agree with you in principle, I suspect that Hyatt will prove us wrong. They will be able to fill their hotels with corporate customers and will not care about non-corporate customers.

Hyatt can flush every single customer who has earned status on their own dime and they'll still do just fine.

A bigger question: will I ever go back to Hyatt? You bet! As long as they sweeten the pot to the point where I see value.
Will I ever have the same level of blind loyalty where I go out of my way to stay with Hyatt? Not a chance in the world. I was extremely loyal to Hyatt; now, absolutely not. I'll make sure to get everything I can out of them and will leave them in a heartbeat - I never felt that way prior to World of Hilarity.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
The top two members of the management team of of a Hyatt that I often visit told me that the individual that led the WOH change over was flat out fired for the fiasco and that big changes are coming. They received this information when the VP of marketing recently paid them a visit. He had asked them what folks were telling them about WOH. They told the VP it was a disaster the response was:"that's what everyone is saying."
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:51 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
The top two members of the management team of of a Hyatt that I often visit told me that the individual that led the WOH change over was flat out fired for the fiasco and that big changes are coming. They received this information when the VP of marketing recently paid them a visit. He had asked them what folks were telling them about WOH. They told the VP it was a disaster the response was:"that's what everyone is saying."
I hope Jeff Zidell was not the one fired. Because I always thought he was a great guy, approachable and I can hardly believe that this fiasko was based on his ideas. I can well imagine that he was absolutely not behind this change and hence also the disastrous reddit event, where he may have been forced to participate but just not behind WOH.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I hope Jeff Zidell was not the one fired. Because I always thought he was a great guy, approachable and I can hardly believe that this fiasko was based on his ideas. I can well imagine that he was absolutely not behind this change and hence also the disastrous reddit event, where he may have been forced to participate but just not behind WOH.
Hope they also fired whoever thought it up. While we're at, let's fire anyone that approved it or even thought it was a good idea. Let's just fire everyone!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Some people make changes for "change sake" to justify their jobs. In most cases the changes are unnecessary, and result in sheer chaos at best, and revenue loss/added costs at worst. Most of these change agents get promoted beyond their level of competence for their "efforts," because they can illustrate the change on a Power Point, and spin it well. Glad to hear there was some accountability here for a disastrous change!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My guess is that it was Jeff Zidell who was shown the door.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mary2e
My guess is that it was Jeff Zidell who was shown the door.
I don't know him. Regardless that most here say Jeff Zidell is a great guy and couldn't have dreamed of this fiasco, if he was responsible for WoH, then I agree completely that he should be held accountable and be fired. Too may elements of WoH are just beyond comprehension of how stupid the terms are.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So this is all just speculation on top of some dubious double hearsay ("he told me that they told him . . . ."). Kind of far-fetched even by FT standards.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
So this is all just speculation on top of some dubious double hearsay ("he told me that they told him . . . ."). Kind of far-fetched even by FT standards.
Right, but we do know that:

a) WOH is a disaster

and

b) Zidell is out

So it's not too much of a stretch to color in the lines.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by josephstern
Right, but we do know that:

a) WOH is a disaster

and

b) Zidell is out

So it's not too much of a stretch to color in the lines.
... but he was so nice.. there's no way he could have (as VP of WOH) possibly completely messed up Hyatt's loyalty program. :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.