Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by josephstern
So it's not too much of a stretch to color in the lines.
It's pure speculation.

There were reports a while back that WoH came from higher up (like, C suite). So it would be equally plausible to speculate that Zidell was simply charged with implementing the CEO's directives, and that he either was not enthusiastic enough about it such that he was termed, or found it so distasteful that he quit.

In any event, not sure I see the point of this game.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Kacee
In any event, not sure I see the point of this game.
If the speculation and constantly re-asked questions, there would be 0 point for this forum.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by austin_modern
If the speculation and constantly re-asked questions, there would be 0 point for this forum.
There's lots of useful information on FT. It's just increasingly buried amidst the dross.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I've been pretty consistent in my completions of the surveys with generally good reviews of the hotels but then brutally honest ratings and comments regarding WOH and how it benefited my stay.

A member of the engagement team reached out to talk via phone, but we could not get our schedules aligned, so I geeked out and wrote an overly long email about the problems and recommendations.

I shamelessly stole a ton of bullet points for the concerns and recommendations from you good folks at FT.

Sadly, I'm not expecting significant changes for the better any time soon. Organizations are very rarely willing to admit they were wrong on something like this, so unless their bottom line is taking a beating, I cannot imagine a quick reversal of course.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
I too am skeptical of big changes, but when the comments were offered to me without solicitation I thought I'd pass them on.

I was also reached out to by the Member Engagement Team a month ago, had a call from them and followed up with two lengthy emails. I do hope that they really want to right the ship.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by CIT85
I don't know him. Regardless that most here say Jeff Zidell is a great guy and couldn't have dreamed of this fiasco, if he was responsible for WoH, then I agree completely that he should be held accountable and be fired. Too may elements of WoH are just beyond comprehension of how stupid the terms are.
Originally Posted by Kacee
So this is all just speculation on top of some dubious double hearsay ("he told me that they told him . . . ."). Kind of far-fetched even by FT standards.
Right, but we do know that:

a) WOH is a disaster

and

b) Zidell is out

So it's not too much of a stretch to color in the lines.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
... but he was so nice.. there's no way he could have (as VP of WOH) possibly completely messed up Hyatt's loyalty program. :P
I had several email exchanges with him and a phone conversation not too long after the diamond giveaway fiasco.

With regard to the DSU/TSUs expiring and not being able to be used beyond March 1, he asked if I thought it better if we received them as soon as they were earned. No further details. I responded it would be better because without the ability to book beyond March 1, people wanting to use them would have to wait until March 1 and cross their fingers. I never heard another word.

What we received is this disaster of a program. So I do believe this was all his idea.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Mary2e
What we received is this disaster of a program. So I do believe this was all his idea.
he was the leader of the team, so it would be his head on the block for the inception of this program. 100% agree.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I had several email exchanges with him and a phone conversation not too long after the diamond giveaway fiasco.

With regard to the DSU/TSUs expiring and not being able to be used beyond March 1, he asked if I thought it better if we received them as soon as they were earned. No further details. I responded it would be better because without the ability to book beyond March 1, people wanting to use them would have to wait until March 1 and cross their fingers. I never heard another word.

+1
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
My anti-virus program just flagged World of Hyatt as a potentially malicious website and recommended I delete the app. Sometimes truth shows up in the strangest ways.

Did Jeff think up this fiasco all on his own? I doubt it, but somebody has to be blamed. At the very least he didn't roll it out without approval.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I spoke to someone from the engagement team today who told me they are gathering feedback until the end of next week, and laughably, that much of the feedback received was very positive.

I was asked if I would either prefer more benefits upon reaching Globalist at 60 nights or to achieve Globalist with fewer nights. I was also asked if I felt things like the cat 1-7 award night and ability to use suite upgrades on award stays validated the higher number of nights needed to achieve globalist.

The rep I spoke with couldn't give me a timeframe for when any action would be taken on the feedback gathered.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What feedback could possibly be positive?

"Next year, if I am a Globule, I won't have to compete for upgrades, assuming Hyatt still exists."
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
What feedback could possibly be positive?

"Next year, if I am a Globule, I won't have to compete for upgrades, assuming Hyatt still exists."
They'll just give status away again. You'll always have competition for upgrades.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmglobal
They'll just give status away again. You'll always have competition for upgrades.
For better or worse, that's how I got here in the first place.

"Many customers expressed happiness with being able to time their 60th night in order to properly set the 365-day expiration clock on their TSUs!"
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
"Many customers expressed happiness with being able to time their 60th night in order to properly set the 365-day expiration clock on their TSUs!"
Incredible spin. Yes, I will time my 60th night at end of December so that I have almost all of the following calendar year to use my TSU. Unadulterated BS.

Why couldn't they have just give us the benefits and make them expire when status expires? It's that easy. Oh but, then we might have 18 months to enjoy the benefits, and that's too generous.

Last edited by CIT85; Jun 16, 2017 at 12:32 am
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That is definitely spin. I was told exactly the opposite. I've also been in contact with a few people in the hotels and they also said everyone is complaining about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.