Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WoH (Globalist) Member Engagement Team

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 1:37 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I am at 7 stays/21 nights this year so far. I have not received a single survey, last year I almost always received one after each stay. So no chance to express myself so far...
Old May 2, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
I complained about WoH on a survey for my last Hyatt Place day and that triggered the reach out.

my complaints:
1) WOH diamond is close to worthless at a Hyatt place. A bottle of water is so meager asto be insulting
2) Previously, we got stay points. Now eventually will get a certificate that is of very limited value.
3) it expires in 120 days. The reason is so transparently to ensure breakage that it's a major irritant not a benefit
4) Because stay credit is not awarded on stay credit, I can't use my points for on award stays if I want to requalify. I'll make 60 nights, by the skin of my teeth.
5) The program is way too complicated. I need 60 nights this year, can requalify next year with 55, but don't get TSU at 55
6) These aspects (expiration of free award nights, 55 but no TSUs) are so transparently done to be cheap is abrasive.
7) Hotels are clearly gaming the system to make awards or TSUs impossible or very difficult. I called out Andaz Mauii and Park Hyatt NYC
8) The expiration of TSUs exactly one year after earning means I will never complete the stay that gets me to 60 prior to December and will book away from Hyatt in Oct/Nov if needed to ensure that
9) Footprint in Europe means of 33 nights over 2 vacations, there are Hyatts for only 6. Major cities for the most part.
10) Globalist is a stupid name and I'm embarrassed to use it.

He was very patient

Did I miss anything? I know I didn't include the elimination Of qualifying via stays, because I thought that was calculated and intentional.whetss I thought they might have believed some if the other changes were enhancements.
Great list. I would add issues regarding the stated benefit "Book your stay through an exclusive reservation line":

I rarely get such an exclusive line when calling. Inevitably a "regular" agent answesr, and when I ask to be connected to the Globalist desk, am told by the respondent that they are able to deal with Globalist issues. Most respondents of course are mediocre (at best). Many are clueless.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:22 am

I haven't had any post-stay surveys...just the usual "thanks for staying, come back soon" email.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by footastic
They claimed this was for management as they are to review the program next month.
My guess is they are seeing a meaningful decline in Diamond bookings. While that may not translate into an overall decline in occupancy, it would nevertheless be a matter of concern because of the way they've previously touted loyalty program membership as a significant driver of marginal revenue.

Not sure how they can fix this train wreck. Bringing back the Diamond amenity ain't gonna do it.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
My guess is they are seeing a meaningful decline in Diamond bookings. While that may not translate into an overall decline in occupancy, it would nevertheless be a matter of concern because of the way they've previously touted loyalty program membership as a significant driver of marginal revenue.

Not sure how they can fix this train wreck. Bringing back the Diamond amenity ain't gonna do it.
They may not even be seeing a large decline in Diamond bookings, but rather a huge increase in points burning. I've gone to P+C stays, with only one paid stay this year. The paid stay was at a deeply discounted rate where P+C didn't make sense.

Using P+C bookings, I'll come close to renewing Glob. I could easily renew Glob if I booked Hyatt properties for vacations this year. The problem with that is that of the locations I've chosen this year to vacation, there's not a single Hyatt for 100+ miles. Plenty of other chain options, but no Hyatts. For reference, I'm looking at Munich, Athens, Crete, Petra (Jordan), Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor, Aswan, Jerusalem. In the past, I would have planned a vacation around a Hyatt property to maintain status. Frankly, with the way that individual properties ignore elite benefits, it's just not worth pursuing Hyatt. To me, the program's now no better than IHG. I even consider Hilton to have a stronger program.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Jeff Z. is probably on his new book, "From First to Worst". And the outreach is to get some data
Old May 2, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I spoke to the VIP manager at the Vancouver Hyatt recently. She was very knowledgeable about the change from GP to WoH and indicated they had received some feedback. I told her I only now stay at Hyatt's internationally, in Vancouver and in San Francisco. She said that two big themes in the concerns she had heard was a number of former Platinums who were now Discoverist as well as a lot of people had indicated they went out of their way to stay at HP and HH even when it wasn't convenient in order to obtain status and they felt really let down. She didn't give away too much information but did promise to pass along my concerns and re-iterated she had heard concerns from others.

In a conversation with a front desk attendant at the same Hyatt they had indicated they saw a big spike in points burning and a big decline in Explorist and Discoverist paid for bookings. They Globalists were still coming though. She also indicated that the management at the HR Vancouver had the hotel put on a list of known "frequent point stay properties" and the hotel actually received more in compensation from corporate on stays than most other Hyatts.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Kacee
Bringing back the Diamond amenity ain't gonna do it.
That would go a long way towards doing it for me, although I'm still not going to hit 60 nights.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:38 am

I wish Hyatt had acquired SPG. I think that would have really made a big positive impact on the chain.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
I second this. I was a hoarder of sorts, never going all out and burning large sums for a single stay. Not anymore. Since WoH it has been burn baby burn. And my one paid stay was because the cash v points exchange was too skewed towards cash to burn more points.

Originally Posted by itsallgood
They may not even be seeing a large decline in Diamond bookings, but rather a huge increase in points burning. I've gone to P+C stays, with only one paid stay this year. The paid stay was at a deeply discounted rate where P+C didn't make sense.....
Old May 2, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
Data Point: Filled out the survey post-stay with specific feedback on WOH and how it enhanced/encumbered the stay. Member engagement team reached out via email to ask if we could discuss more over the phone or email in detail - tentatively scheduled to speak with them this week
Old May 2, 2017, 1:12 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by itsallgood
They may not even be seeing a large decline in Diamond bookings, but rather a huge increase in points burning.
If the cost to the program for redemptions is exceeding projections, that certainly can't be good for the next set of category adjustments.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
To follow up, I spoke with a member of the engagement team via phone. He mentioned they are currently in the process of getting feedback on the new program from "all Globalists" (interesting word choice, I don't see how this is possibly true).

The main areas he was seeking specific feedback on was the loss of welcome amenity/points vs the 'replacement' of Cat 1-4/Cat 1-7 Free nights plus suite upgrades on all stays

Thoughts on the new branding (we discussed the new tiers, graphics, WOH banner on the website, welcome packet etc)

One item of note - when I mentioned the issues I and others have experienced around selectively upgrading despite suite availability he said that the hotels are in the wrong and Hyatt wants to hear when this happens to specifically follow up and address/correct with the properties. I almost wanted to ask if he'd seen the FT thread because it has all the info he needs on the large (and growing) offender list...
Old May 8, 2017, 6:54 pm

Oh, and, he did mention there has been a lot of critical feedback and this is a growing period; they are considering making some changes based on the feedback they have received so I guess keep those surveys coming
Old May 8, 2017, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does anyone have contact information for this global engagement team for those of use who haven't been asked to participate in the survey?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.