Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Yay - got requalification e-mail today!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Yay - got requalification e-mail today!
You already hit 55 nights or $20K?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:30 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
47 nights, 65k points.
pushing for LT Glob this year, so going waaay above average spend...all personal

Last edited by 59Impala; Feb 10, 2019 at 2:31 pm
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
You already hit 55 nights or $20K?
55 nights. I'm not a big spender, did over the 100K basepoints last year but that was on ~190 nights.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sam_goh
55 nights. I'm not a big spender, did over the 100K basepoints last year but that was on ~190 nights.
Since we're only 39 nights in to 2019, I'll assume you have the cc and got the five for that plus 12 more from $30K in charges . . .
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
Since we're only 39 nights in to 2019, I'll assume you have the cc and got the five for that plus 12 more from $30K in charges . . .
OP posted they had a straddle reservation and as of 1/4 only had 44 nights left. Still means there are some credit card nights in there though
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
OP posted they had a straddle reservation and as of 1/4 only had 44 nights left. Still means there are some credit card nights in there though
Well, five for the card plus 39 this year would do it. If so, impressive.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:08 pm

Not so hard to do when you have nowhere to live. Good news is builder might want to close this week, just in time!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Need 30 more nights
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Just re-qualified on spend. Looking for some advice on what happens when you qualify on spend so early in the year - I've been doing searches and looking through threads, so sorry if I missed this answer - please send along relevant threads.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to qualify in February due to some pricey business so early in the year, but annoyed that I now have 8 suite nights that expire Feb 2020 when I struggle to use the 4 I get typically - what am I expected to do between March and Dec 2020? Stay elsewhere or tough luck on suite upgrades? Beg hotels to give me the suite anyway?
I've been looking for guidance here on FT - do I have to now earn 70 nights to get suite upgrades to use post Feb 2020?
Seems like a strange way to treat people spending a ton of money early in the year or a way to discourage people from spending.
Should I bother to reach out to see if they will extend the 4 suite nights for next year instead?
Makes no sense to me - Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by monoflight
Just re-qualified on spend. Looking for some advice on what happens when you qualify on spend so early in the year - I've been doing searches and looking through threads, so sorry if I missed this answer - please send along relevant threads.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to qualify in February due to some pricey business so early in the year, but annoyed that I now have 8 suite nights that expire Feb 2020 when I struggle to use the 4 I get typically - what am I expected to do between March and Dec 2020? Stay elsewhere or tough luck on suite upgrades? Beg hotels to give me the suite anyway?
I've been looking for guidance here on FT - do I have to now earn 70 nights to get suite upgrades to use post Feb 2020?
Seems like a strange way to treat people spending a ton of money early in the year or a way to discourage people from spending.
Should I bother to reach out to see if they will extend the 4 suite nights for next year instead?
Makes no sense to me - Thanks
You now have status until March 2021 and your 4 new suite upgrades are valid until then (in addition to the 4 you have that are valid until March 2020 from your requal last year)

(a) Requirements To Earn Globalist Status: Members who, in the course of one (1) Calendar Year, record a minimum of sixty (60) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earn one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points will receive Globalist status after meeting the minimum requirement through February of the second Calendar Year following qualification.
Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards earned on or after January 1, 2018 are valid for the same period as the tier status achieved at the time the awards were earned.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:02 pm

The 4 suite upgrades I earned for my globalist requal in 2018 - through Feb 29 2020 - now says 8 available through 2020, and this email (lightly edited below) I got today seems to say the new suite upgrades are only valid until Feb 29, 2020 - are you saying this is a mistake and I SHOULD reach out to hyatt to fix since they SHOULD be valid through Feb 28, 2021? If so this would be great news.

Thanks jasonvr for the quick reply.

"Congratulations...enjoy these rewards to help you get the most out of your future travel.
–One free night in any Category 1-7 Hyatt hotel or resort (valid for 180 days from issuance)
–Four suite upgrade awards valid through February 29, 2020 when paying an eligible rate or redeeming points for a free night award
–Access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge for reservations and personalized service - they'll be reaching out shortly
–The ability to maintain Globalist status after 55 qualifying nights each subsequent year
When using your free night and suite upgrade awards, the checkout date for your reservation must occur before the award expires.You'll be eligible to earn all of these awards again next year, as long as you meet the qualifying criteria.Thank you for letting us host you during your travels. We're excited to see you again soon.
Enjoy your journey,
Member Experience
World of Hyatt"

Last edited by monoflight; Feb 17, 2019 at 5:04 pm Reason: poor formatting
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:07 pm

Do the upgrades in your account say 2020 as well? If so, there's something wrong. The email is definitely wrong, especially since it still talks about requal at 55 nights which won't be available next year. Has your status updated to say valid thru Feb 28, 2021? I wonder if it is an artifact of making status before Feb 28.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:15 pm

My globalist expiration says: Valid through Feb 28, 2021

Suite upgrades:
Suite Upgrade Award
Total Earned 8
Expiration Date Feb 29, 2020
Terms & Conditions
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:16 pm

Maybe it's leap year thing!?!?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.