Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Explorist 4 Club Access Awards dont provide breakfast if no Club Room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explorist 4 Club Access Awards dont provide breakfast if no Club Room?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
wonderful, another post re SPG/Marriott
You can't really discuss one program in isolation. Well, maybe you can, but it makes little sense to me.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
You can't really discuss one program in isolation. Well, maybe you can, but it makes little sense to me.
There are lots of thread to compare programs ad nauseum, but this thread is about the 4 Club awards for explorists, so no, I do not find it helpful to have posts that solely discuss other programs.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
There are a lot of threads that duplicate and drift somewhat. Perhaps the "pure" thread you are looking for is this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ge-awards.html

Alternatively, flag the mods to clean up the thread (and our side discussion)
Old May 9, 2017, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by captaink
Even if they did honor the certs for free breakfast, I can't imagine they'd honor them for 30 days of free breakfast.
Seems to me just the opposite - you are staying at their property for 30 days! Seems like they would be glad to comp breakfast
Old May 10, 2017, 1:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What made you post such a reply after 2 months, and one that base no base in reality?
Old May 10, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MartyRL
Seems to me just the opposite - you are staying at their property for 30 days! Seems like they would be glad to comp breakfast
It may be possible to negotiate something like that with the property, but it would likely have nothing to do with Explorist Club Upgrade rewards. I doubt non-club properties even have a mechanism for using them.

Last edited by hailstorm; May 10, 2017 at 4:02 pm
Old May 10, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Another thing Jeff Z forgot to mention in his disastrous Reddit Ask Me Anything.

Marriott here I come. My 35 nights a year obviously don't amount to much around here.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I learned this the hard way at a Hyatt Centric yesterday. I stupidly thought "Club Access" would mean breakfast if they didn't have a lounge and it does not. It is a little annoying that mid-tier status means next to nothing at a number of Hyatt properties.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I learned this the hard way at a Hyatt Centric yesterday. I stupidly thought "Club Access" would mean breakfast if they didn't have a lounge and it does not. It is a little annoying that mid-tier status means next to nothing at a number of Hyatt properties.
They let you apply a club access certificate at a location that doesn't even have a club?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
They let you apply a club access certificate at a location that doesn't even have a club?
If that's true, then he should complain to WOH support for leading him on. That's a horrible lapse in service.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
That doesn't sound right. It sounds like he (erroneously) expected to use a lounge certificate on arrival.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joe_miami
That doesn't sound right. It sounds like he (erroneously) expected to use a lounge certificate on arrival.
If that's the case, then that's on him. I don't like the rule, but the T&C are clear.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Originally Posted by hailstorm
If that's the case, then that's on him. I don't like the rule, but the T&C are clear.
Yep that's correct, I thought it would mean something different than it did and it's indeed my fault for not reading up on it ahead of time. Oh well.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Another thing Jeff Z forgot to mention in his disastrous Reddit Ask Me Anything.

Marriott here I come. My 35 nights a year obviously don't amount to much around here.
35 Nights a year don't amount to much with Marriott Rewards either though.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Yep that's correct, I thought it would mean something different than it did and it's indeed my fault for not reading up on it ahead of time. Oh well.
It's an easy mistake to make. If a hotel doesn't have a club and the person doesn't have Globalist status, they get left in no-man's land when it comes to breakfast, which is kind of odd. It's doubly odd that most if not all of the Park Hyatts — the highest-level hotels in the chain — have no club and, thus, no breakfast for anyone below Globalist.

I was able to use exactly zero of my Explorist club certificates before I hit Globalist, where they become moot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.