Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Explorist 4 Club Access Awards dont provide breakfast if no Club Room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explorist 4 Club Access Awards dont provide breakfast if no Club Room?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
35 Nights a year don't amount to much with Marriott Rewards either though.
Breakfast.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Breakfast.
Yes a mid tier status (Gold) which can be achieved much easier. You can just as well get Hilton Gold with 4 stays via Fast Track.

I've always said that those who drop from Diamond to Explorist won't continue to stay at Hyatt per that status level and I continue to believe that. It simply doesn't make any sense.
bbbb likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Yes a mid tier status (Gold) which can be achieved much easier. You can just as well get Hilton Gold with 4 stays via Fast Track.

I've always said that those who drop from Diamond to Explorist won't continue to stay at Hyatt per that status level and I continue to believe that. It simply doesn't make any sense.
yup. I am Gold with Marriott (via RewardsPlus) and Gold with Hilton (via Surpass and also via Amex Plat). No way am I interested in maintaining my Hyatt Exploder status or even give them any revenue unless it is the right property at the right price. #FreeAgentFTW
bbbb likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:20 pm

Yep. I have tried my hardest to do so this year but it makes family travel really worthless. I'm not sure if Hyatt will miss me, but I will sincerely miss the Hyatt portfolio, (to quote you) it simply doesn't make any sense. I usually do 1-2 big family trips every year and this past week I booked 18 nights for February with Hilton and 2 nights with Marriott. Still need 6 more nights ... but I can't justify foregoing a fairly simple concept for mid-tier elites ... breakfast.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Those US adults who would have been Hyatt Diamonds but wouldn't make it to Hyatt Globalist have done pretty well by just getting an Amex Platinum card and parlaying that into Hilton Gold and Marriott Gold (via Starwood match) and ditching Hyatt like never before.

The Explorist 4 club upgrade awards don't even work as easily as the Hyatt Platinum certificates used to work for breakfast.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
How many Hyatts even have clubs? Off the top of my head only Regency and Grands do (and not all of 'em either), and maybe some of the Zivas. They really should change the Club Upgrade awards to "Club and/or breakfast".
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Those US adults who would have been Hyatt Diamonds but wouldn't make it to Hyatt Globalist have done pretty well by just getting an Amex Platinum card and parlaying that into Hilton Gold and Marriott Gold (via Starwood match) and ditching Hyatt like never before.

The Explorist 4 club upgrade awards don't even work as easily as the Hyatt Platinum certificates used to work for breakfast.
New card will give Hilton Diamond status! Yeah it’s time to move some of my business =p
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mangoMan
How many Hyatts even have clubs? Off the top of my head only Regency and Grands do (and not all of 'em either), and maybe some of the Zivas. They really should change the Club Upgrade awards to "Club and/or breakfast".
I like Hyatt — I'm approaching 1,000 nights — and I try not to join the pile-ons, but the current WoH really does seem to have been designed by people with very little familiarity with Hyatt's current portfolio and footprint — and given that Zidell was there for years, it's inexplicable.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joe_miami
WoH really does seem to have been designed by people with very little familiarity with Hyatt's current portfolio and footprint — and given that Zidell was there for years, it's inexplicable.
It's completely explicable starting from the premise that WoH wasn't Zidell's idea. It was reported elsewhere that WoH came from the C Suite, and that makes perfect sense to me.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Kacee
WoH came from the C Suite, and that makes perfect sense to me.
Are you implying dementia in the C Suite
notquiteaff and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's completely explicable starting from the premise that WoH wasn't Zidell's idea. It was reported elsewhere that WoH came from the C Suite, and that makes perfect sense to me.
I don't buy this for a minute. Why even have someone like Zidell if he had no input over the program?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Why even have someone like Zidell if he had no input over the program?
Maybe that's why he is no longer around?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Maybe that's why he is no longer around?
He was replaced by a woman with prior time at SPG and elsewhere; his position wasn't eliminated.

I might buy that Zidell was part of the revamp and was scapegoated when the changes were poorly received. I don't buy at all that he had no part in the changes.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by davevt98
Just confirmed directly with the hotel that breakfast is included. Additionally, we had wanted to go to the Andaz for the breakfast and complimentary kids clubs. El Mangroove also offers complimentary kids club and free breakfast. Rooms are also all suites.

The more I look into this, Hyatt's failure to provide free breakfast may actually work out in our favor as it makes our decision much easier. El Mangroove also appears much closer to restaurants and activities.
Did you contact Andaz directly? If that is your deciding factor for you staying at a cash rate for 30 nights, they might be able to work something out for you.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Any way to check if your reservation has the club lounge award applied? I called in, and one award was deducted, but no way to confirm it was applied to the reservation. Just want to avoid surprises at check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.