Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Explorist 4 Club Access Awards dont provide breakfast if no Club Room?

Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Matched to Explorist now as didnt requalify for Diamond. Logged in today to review the 4 Club Access Award, I thought it would be similar terms as back when it was Diamond where you get free breakfast at restaurant if there isnt a Club Lounge (think Andaz).

Noticed the terms to it states:
Breakfast will not be provided to a member at participating hotels or resorts without Club lounge access available.

Club Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts.

Can someone confirm this is the new very restrictive terms? Does it even apply to globalists too?

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I think you are reading that right. It's a club upgrade, not a free breakfast upgrade.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yep, and my understanding also is that you get nothing if the lounge is closed for part of your stay.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
From the T&C (Emphasis mine):

Club Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Club Access Award. A Member must redeem a Club Access Award in advance when making the underlying room reservation by calling 800.228.3360 or your nearest Hyatt Global Contact Center. Reservations for Club Access Award redemption are subject to availability. Club Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Access to a hotel or resorts Club lounge is subject to the individual hotel or resort's lounge maximum capacity. Club Access Awards are valid for access to the Club lounge on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award (as those terms are defined in the World of Hyatt program terms), up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards (as defined in the World of Hyatt program terms), or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a member at participating hotels or resorts without Club lounge access available. Club Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when you make your reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted. For complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program, see worldofhyatt.com/terms. Hyatt and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and/or its affiliates. 2017 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Saw this in mine but think it's fair. Disappointing for me personally (would love to use them at PH Sydney next February for free breakfast) but doesn't seem like they are breaking any promises.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
Saw this in mine but think it's fair. Disappointing for me personally (would love to use them at PH Sydney next February for free breakfast) but doesn't seem like they are breaking any promises.
I agree, considering not requalifying for Diamond and since we never got anything for Plat, this is better than nothing. My fault ofr not reading the terms prior to the change which resulted in me hyping up my expectations.

It is sad, I would have move more spend and points to Hyatt if it was possible. Now this will limit my travel with Hyatt.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
I agree, considering not requalifying for Diamond and since we never got anything for Plat, this is better than nothing. My fault ofr not reading the terms prior to the change which resulted in me hyping up my expectations.

It is sad, I would have move more spend and points to Hyatt if it was possible. Now this will limit my travel with Hyatt.
This is very disappointing. I just tried to use my "upgrades" at the Andaz Papagayo. I was planning on stay a month at the property and was looking forward to getting the complimentary breakfast. They now claim that these "upgrades" are not able to be used at Andaz properties or those without a club.

This is infuriating. I am now moving our stay to Marriott / SPG properties who provide free breakfast for even lowly Gold members.

I am cancelling my Hyatt stays and focusing on other brands.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davevt98
This is very disappointing. I just tried to use my "upgrades" at the Andaz Papagayo. I was planning on stay a month at the property and was looking forward to getting the complimentary breakfast. They now claim that these "upgrades" are not able to be used at Andaz properties or those without a club.

This is infuriating. I am now moving our stay to Marriott / SPG properties who provide free breakfast for even lowly Gold members.

I am cancelling my Hyatt stays and focusing on other brands.
Wow. a whole month! i was planning to go there within a year for a week or so and was really banking on breakfast especially knowing the next reasonable dining choice is 30min drive away around the beach town just south. I was even thinking the new Andaz in Cancun but this was a total bummer.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:11 am

Wow. a whole month! i was planning to go there within a year for a week or so and was really banking on breakfast especially knowing the next reasonable dining choice is 30min drive away around the beach town just south. I was even thinking the new Andaz in Cancun but this was a total bummer.
Yes. A month! Moving my stay to the El Mangroove, Autograph collection (Marriott/SPG Property) instead.

I really like Hyatt but this leaves a tremendously bad taste in my mouth. Marriott / SPG seems to have a lot going for it including a tremendous footprint. This will be interesting to see the vast migration from Hyatt.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Yes. A month! Moving my stay to the El Mangroove, Autograph collection (Marriott/SPG Property) instead.
Does SPG now offer free breakfast to SPG or Marriott Golds at SPG brands?

Marriott Gold gives breakfast at some properties:

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew...nefits/gold.mi

Lounge Access/Free Breakfast

Free daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance and Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels (resorts excluded). In the U.S. and Canada, select hotels will provide 750 or 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast in the event the lounge is closed.

Looks like your new choice is included.

SPG Gold benefits:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...language=en_US
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Does SPG now offer free breakfast to SPG or Marriott Golds at SPG brands?

Marriott Gold gives breakfast at some properties:

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew...nefits/gold.mi

Lounge Access/Free Breakfast

Free daily continental breakfast, light snacks and beverages for members and one guest in the Executive Lounge at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance and Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels (resorts excluded). In the U.S. and Canada, select hotels will provide 750 or 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast in the event the lounge is closed.

Looks like your new choice is included.

SPG Gold benefits:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...language=en_US
Correct. Autograph hotels provide breakfast. A good perk for a month long stay in a hotel.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Even if they did honor the certs for free breakfast, I can't imagine they'd honor them for 30 days of free breakfast.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by captaink
Even if they did honor the certs for free breakfast, I can't imagine they'd honor them for 30 days of free breakfast.
7 nights * 4 certs
Old Mar 1, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really like Hyatt but this leaves a tremendously bad taste in my mouth. Marriott / SPG seems to have a lot going for it including a tremendous footprint. This will be interesting to see the vast migration from Hyatt.
Yes, the mid tier status (Explorist) is really not terribly compelling compared to Marriott and Hilton, especially when considering what it actually costs for (US) customers to acquire the status. I am Explorist this year because I had 35-ish nights (but only 10-ish stays) last year, but I am not going to renew. Might actually have to check out that El Mangroove property; we have had Costa Rica on our to-do list for ages.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Yes, the mid tier status (Explorist) is really not terribly compelling compared to Marriott and Hilton, especially when considering what it actually costs for (US) customers to acquire the status. I am Explorist this year because I had 35-ish nights (but only 10-ish stays) last year, but I am not going to renew. Might actually have to check out that El Mangroove property; we have had Costa Rica on our to-do list for ages.
Just confirmed directly with the hotel that breakfast is included. Additionally, we had wanted to go to the Andaz for the breakfast and complimentary kids clubs. El Mangroove also offers complimentary kids club and free breakfast. Rooms are also all suites.

The more I look into this, Hyatt's failure to provide free breakfast may actually work out in our favor as it makes our decision much easier. El Mangroove also appears much closer to restaurants and activities.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.