Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Explorist 4 Club Access Awards dont provide breakfast if no Club Room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Explorist 4 Club Access Awards dont provide breakfast if no Club Room?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
7 nights * 4 certs
Exactly - was trying to use all 4 certificates.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Club upgrade is club upgrade, same as when using points for club upgrade; what is the confusion?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:31 am

Yes, the mid tier status (Explorist) is really not terribly compelling compared to Marriott and Hilton, especially when considering what it actually costs for (US) customers to acquire the status. I am Explorist this year because I had 35-ish nights (but only 10-ish stays) last year, but I am not going to renew. Might actually have to check out that El Mangroove property; we have had Costa Rica on our to-do list for ages.
Agree completely. WoH really dropped the ball with the new mid tier level. Honors and Marriot/SPG are going to gain a lot of ex Gold Passport members. What WoH doesn't seem to get is after someone reaches 30 nights they expect them to go for 60 with the risk of falling short at lets say 50 nights without giving breakfast a long the way to the next tier?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Unfortunately this was clear from the start.... the T&C's even state you need to apply the cert at the time of booking. If they enforce this, who knows.

But Exp status is really not worth pursuing.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Agree completely. WoH really dropped the ball with the new mid tier level. Honors and Marriot/SPG are going to gain a lot of ex Gold Passport members. What WoH doesn't seem to get is after someone reaches 30 nights they expect them to go for 60 with the risk of falling short at lets say 50 nights without giving breakfast a long the way to the next tier?
I agree as well. HH / Marriott gives breakfast (for some brands, not every one however) to gold.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
This has been known since the beginning and is explicitly stated in T&Cs. I've complained about this as well Given how many Hyatts don't have lounges, this is very disappointing indeed.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by davevt98
This is very disappointing. I just tried to use my "upgrades" at the Andaz Papagayo. I was planning on stay a month at the property and was looking forward to getting the complimentary breakfast. They now claim that these "upgrades" are not able to be used at Andaz properties or those without a club.

This is infuriating. I am now moving our stay to Marriott / SPG properties who provide free breakfast for even lowly Gold members.

I am cancelling my Hyatt stays and focusing on other brands.

Marriott gold is not lowly. Marriott Gold requires 50 nights (certain exceptions apply)

EDIT: I understand your point. As Globalist requires 60 nights, your point is that a 50 nighter at Marriott gets breakfast whereas a 50 nighter at Hyatt wont.

I'm surprised there isn't a little more uproar over these changes. When I was a Hyatt Diamond, the diamond amenity was one of my absolute favorite perks. Its amazing to look back a few years at the FFN, Amenity, etc., and fast forward to now.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bmw303
Marriott gold is not lowly. Marriott Gold requires 50 nights (certain exceptions apply)

EDIT: I understand your point. As Globalist requires 60 nights, your point is that a 50 nighter at Marriott gets breakfast whereas a 50 nighter at Hyatt wont.

I'm surprised there isn't a little more uproar over these changes. When I was a Hyatt Diamond, the diamond amenity was one of my absolute favorite perks. Its amazing to look back a few years at the FFN, Amenity, etc., and fast forward to now.
Marriott Gold could be attained by 10 SPG stays.
And 50 nights in MR is certainly easier to attain than 60 or even 50 nights with hyatt (a lot more properties, cheaper properties, credit card nights, rollover nights...)
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bmw303
I am a "double Gold" with Marriott. My wife is Marriott Gold and hasn't had a revenue stay in years (we credit to my account; she doesn't travel much on her own).

How?

US Amex Plat card give me SPG Gold, which matches to Marriott Gold.

We are both also UA Gold (via my Million Miler status), which through RewardsPlus matches to Marriott Gold.

These options to acquire status may not last forever, but while they have existed they have driven a lot of my money from Hyatt to Marriott.

I also have the Marriott Visa card, which reduces the number of nights required by 15 and credits an additional night for every $3k spend. Hyatt's Visa doesn't do either of these.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:20 am

Maybe much of this would be better in a Marriott thread.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:24 am

I am a "double Gold" with Marriott. My wife is Marriott Gold and hasn't had a revenue stay in years (we credit to my account; she doesn't travel much on her own).

How?

US Amex Plat card give me SPG Gold, which matches to Marriott Gold.

We are both also UA Gold (via my Million Miler status), which through RewardsPlus matches to Marriott Gold.

These options to acquire status may not last forever, but while they have existed they have driven a lot of my money from Hyatt to Marriott.

I also have the Marriott Visa card, which reduces the number of nights required by 15 and credits an additional night for every $3k spend. Hyatt's Visa doesn't do either of these.
Yup, I'm Marriott (and thus SPG) Gold through multiple avenues as well. When I was Hyatt Diamond (through stays, not nights) I obviously much preferred top tier Hyatt stays to Marriott gold stays. But now, as an Explorist, I'm really questioning whether to abandon Hyatt altogether in favor of Marriott/SPG. I do have sort of a sentimental attachment to Hyatt based on past experience, but I don't think that really will be enough to keep staying, when I get breakfast/lounge at Marriott and really nothing at Hyatt. I'll probably keep the nights I have planned for now and see how Explorist shakes out, but if I'm not getting regularly upgraded by properties beyond the terms of plan, than off to Marriott. (I feel like saying, "how boring", bc I really do prefer Hyatt to Marriott, but just can't justify giving up lounge/breakfast.)
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Club upgrade is club upgrade, same as when using points for club upgrade; what is the confusion?
Agreed. The terms are clear. It's not a "free breakfast in the restaurant" coupon.

Whether Explorist is worth 30 nights or not is a completely different question.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Remember that we don't yet know the terms of the upcoming Starriott program either.

For many people, if you can plan most of your hotel stays to be with a single hotel family, it can be better to get top tier status with that hotel family than maintaining second level or lower status in two or more hotel families.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:43 am

wonderful, another post re SPG/Marriott
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sorry, but I was responding to post #26 above, which talks about SPG/Marriott status as well as Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.