Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Hmm interesting. I asked MHC and they said they can't apply it until the hotel opens November 1st (jdv in rome). I thought it was already open? Guess I'll see then or try Twitter / calling again.

Call the Globalist line (the phone number is in the Hyatt app if you are a Globalist) and ask them to apply a TSU to the stay.

Paid stays do not require hotel confirmation, but award stays do so as its a BRG stay youll be good right away.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Call the Globalist line (the phone number is in the Hyatt app if you are a Globalist) and ask them to apply a TSU to the stay.

Paid stays do not require hotel confirmation, but award stays do so as its a BRG stay youll be good right away.
Thanks I called and they said they had to email the property to see if they are participating in the TSU program. Guess it's still being slowly integrated.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:48 pm

Thanks I called and they said they had to email the property to see if they are participating in the TSU program. Guess it's still being slowly integrated.
Is it an SLH or Destination hotel? Those tend to be issue properties.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:22 pm

Is it an SLH or Destination hotel? Those tend to be issue properties.
Jdv in Rome, just joined hyatt. Not slh or destination i don't think
Old Oct 21, 2021, 12:04 am

Jdv in Rome, just joined hyatt. Not slh or destination i don't think
The Tribune is the only JDV I see in Rome, but thats open now not after November 1st.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:55 am

The Tribune is the only JDV I see in Rome, but thats open now not after November 1st.
That's what I said !
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:40 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Hmm interesting. I asked MHC and they said they can't apply it until the hotel opens November 1st (jdv in rome). I thought it was already open? Guess I'll see then or try Twitter / calling again.
The T&Cs are very clear ...

"Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted."
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by skj
The T&Cs are very clear ...

"Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted."
The hotel is already open, it has been since October 4th. I can book it for tonight which is why I was confused.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:54 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
The hotel is already open, it has been since October 4th. I can book it for tonight which is why I was confused.
It sounds like your MHC was confused if they thought the property didn't open until 1 November.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by skj
It sounds like your MHC was confused if they thought the property didn't open until 1 November.
Yea I even told her... I'll call after her shift is over lol
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Unobtainium, Delta Diamond
I got the Hyatt credit card last month in September. It has a benefit of 2 nights credit for each single night stay.

Is this all stays or paid stays only? I plan to use some free night certificates as well as book a night or two on points.

Thanks.
Xiang Han likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
For hotels with a lounge, will hotels allow Globalist breakfast in the main restaurant, or is it always restricted to the lounge? I am specifically interested in Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi, but wonder if there is a general policy. As a Hilton Diamond, I have always been given the main restaurant as an option.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeckett
For hotels with a lounge, will hotels allow Globalist breakfast in the main restaurant, or is it always restricted to the lounge? I am specifically interested in Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi, but wonder if there is a general policy. As a Hilton Diamond, I have always been given the main restaurant as an option.
Its property dependent. The default assumption should be that itll be in the lounge.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Is there an easy way to check that a guest of honor reservation is set up OK? I made one over the phone today (the first I've ever made), and I got a confirmation number in my name followed by another with a change of the reservation, and it has the correct name on it, but I don't see the words "guest of honor" anywhere.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by tsg20
Is there an easy way to check that a guest of honor reservation is set up OK? I made one over the phone today (the first I've ever made), and I got a confirmation number in my name followed by another with a change of the reservation, and it has the correct name on it, but I don't see the words "guest of honor" anywhere.
It shouldnt say guest of honor on it. It should be a confirmation email to your account with a reservation in someone elses name thats all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.