Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: silver springer
For checking balances (thanks to Brendan);
For those who don't know already, the US/ Canadian toll-free phone # for Hyatt Customer Service to check the value of Hyatt GCs is 1-866-784-0540. If calling from elsewhere, first dial the ++ code of the country from which you're calling, subject to the normal rate for ringing the USA.

Hyatt Customer Service suggested to check the value of your gift card (e-gift card or plastic) once a month
Print Wikipost

issues with Hyatt gift card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:40 pm

yeah the Hyatt fufillment center.

my post focused on two issues.

one purchase from non hyatt such as ebay and discount gift cards sites.

and the other from Hyatt directly, I am surprised no one commented on this,

Mary, I think we can agree that the fulfillment cent is HYATT

I mean c'mon its on the hyatt site!

https://www.hyatt.com/home

bottom right
explore more second from bottom right above roomkey dot com and right below hyatt residences,
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:43 pm

Like I had told mary I had a friend of mine who works at one of the Hyatt locations find out the location and a better time frame where it was used and then I complained to my credit card company, It seems like you are having frustrations about this as well? I can try to ask my friend to find out where it was used if you would like? What was the ECG number that had been drained?
I can ask and see if maybe he can help.

Originally Posted by writetorich
yeah the Hyatt fufillment center.

my post focused on two issues.

one purchase from non hyatt such as ebay and discount gift cards sites.

and the other from Hyatt directly, I am surprised no one commented on this,

Mary, I think we can agree that the fulfillment cent is HYATT

I mean c'mon its on the hyatt site!

https://www.hyatt.com/home

bottom right
explore more second from bottom right above roomkey dot com and right below hyatt residences,
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
You can also call, type in the EGC number and find out if there is any value left on it. I had 1 drained and 1 still good. After that, you can speak to a rep to get the info about getting it replaced - if you have a receipt. No need to ask anyone to do it for you.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
I've been looking for this thread.
I'll jump in here with my experience.
Purchased 2, $100 GC from Staples about a year ago. Checked the balance in early Jan and the balance was there. Checked just recently as I had a trip booked at a Hyatt and they were both drained.
I called Hyatt and they said they couldn't / wouldn't help since I did not buy then direct.

I'm now dealing with Staples and I am hoping they will fix this.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by pilotjustin
Hyatt's consumer affairs department was very helpful... "
What's the phone number?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:41 pm

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Park Hyatt NYC not accepting valid EGCs

Had a new issue today (I think - haven't seen reports of this elsewhere).

Checked out of Park Hyatt NYC. Had an EGC with a balance that hotel verified but then said they could not accept. Said they can only accept physical gift cards and only cards purchased directly rom Hyatt.

Then spoke with an assistant manager who said the same thing. Sent him an electronic copy of the EGC. He emailed back to say he had checked with accounting who confirmed they can't accept and that this is a new corporate policy.

Guess I'll have to try to use elsewhere but this is a new one on me and if accurate a big problem for a lot of folks holding EGCs.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting. Maybe that's their new way to combat fraud. I have a few around that I'll be trying to use in a few weeks.

I just checked Amazon, and they are no longer selling the E version, so that backs up your info.

Trying to check Hyatt's site, but I'm having extreme internet slowness.

Edit: looks like you can still get the Es at hyatt.com

Last edited by josephstern; Jul 7, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I am thinking this may be an isolated incident, and leading to each property defining their own policies. I have used an EGC at two different properties in Minneapolis this last week by showing the EGC on my phone and both locations just typed it in.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gatorboy
Had a new issue today (I think - haven't seen reports of this elsewhere).

Checked out of Park Hyatt NYC. Had an EGC with a balance that hotel verified but then said they could not accept. Said they can only accept physical gift cards and only cards purchased directly rom Hyatt.

Then spoke with an assistant manager who said the same thing. Sent him an electronic copy of the EGC. He emailed back to say he had checked with accounting who confirmed they can't accept and that this is a new corporate policy.

Guess I'll have to try to use elsewhere but this is a new one on me and if accurate a big problem for a lot of folks holding EGCs.
This sounds like the hotel just not wanting to take your gift cards. Also how did they know that you didn't buy them directly from Hyatt? Did you tell them that?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: Globallist
used a EGC last week in Puerto Vallarta. Was asked to email the GC to them. No issues

PARK HYATT NYC I thought they only took the BLACK AMEX
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:40 pm

Hacked Hyatt gift card from Discover

Hi everyone,

I realized this morning when trying to pay my Hyatt bill that the $100 plastic Hyatt gift cards I got by redeeming Discover cash back have a zero balance. Before I start the process of chasing the funds, I wanted to ask if others have dealt with this particular situation. Should I contact Discover or Hyatt?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by pkerr
I've been looking for this thread.
I'll jump in here with my experience.
Purchased 2, $100 GC from Staples about a year ago. Checked the balance in early Jan and the balance was there. Checked just recently as I had a trip booked at a Hyatt and they were both drained.
I called Hyatt and they said they couldn't / wouldn't help since I did not buy then direct.

I'm now dealing with Staples and I am hoping they will fix this.
I finally heard back from Staples and they were shot down by their gift card suppliers so they said "sorry", can't help.
I did get Staples to give me $100 coupon for a future purchae. Not made completely whole but better than nothing.
I've not got a claim in with AMEX to see if THEY can do anything.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pkerr
I finally heard back from Staples and they were shot down by their gift card suppliers so they said "sorry", can't help.
I did get Staples to give me $100 coupon for a future purchae. Not made completely whole but better than nothing.
I've not got a claim in with AMEX to see if THEY can do anything.
You should definitely file a dispute. You paid for an item and didn't get it. Let them go through the steps of fighting for Staples to prove that YOU used it. Please update with the outcome. I'm curious about this how they handle situation too.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:48 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by cdancer20
You should definitely file a dispute. You paid for an item and didn't get it. Let them go through the steps of fighting for Staples to prove that YOU used it. Please update with the outcome. I'm curious about this how they handle situation too.
+1

That's how I got my money back!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:58 pm

Balance went to zero on physical gift cards purchased directly from Hyatt

I purchased several $500 physical gift cards from Hyatt.com back in 2011 and have used some of them over the years but at various dates since this spring, all of the remaining cards went to $0 balance. Based upon previous posts, I would not be surprised if Hyatt was hacked or they found a way to verify randomly generated numbers and the hackers were able to use the numbers without the physical cards. My guess would be the hackers sold the numbers at a steep discount against their value.

After verifying the lost balance, I spoke to customer service and they said that they could not give me any information other than the date and place the card was used, usually the full balance, all at once at hotels I have never been to.

They transferred my call to Hyatt "Consumer Affairs" and they told me to email them the original invoice and the card numbers and they will "see if there is more information." Fortunately I saved the emailed receipts from 2011 but clearly Hyatt has some security problems with the cards and has had them for a few years but have not done anything about it.

Stay away from Hyatt gift cards.

Last edited by AADC10; Jul 21, 2017 at 2:01 pm Reason: edited for clarity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.