Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: silver springer
For checking balances (thanks to Brendan);
For those who don't know already, the US/ Canadian toll-free phone # for Hyatt Customer Service to check the value of Hyatt GCs is 1-866-784-0540. If calling from elsewhere, first dial the ++ code of the country from which you're calling, subject to the normal rate for ringing the USA.

Hyatt Customer Service suggested to check the value of your gift card (e-gift card or plastic) once a month
Print Wikipost

issues with Hyatt gift card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:29 am

Basically allow me to distill this entire thread down....blah blah blah blah....never buy Hyatt gift cards. The flow chart for purchasing Hyatt GC is as follows:

They'll be stolen or compromised, and Hyatt will tell you to pound sand with regard to recompense, and if they aren't, the hotel won't take them without a blood sample, and if they do, they won't take them outside the US, and if they do, they'll give you a terrible exchange rate, and if you buy them, you are a glutton for punishment.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:56 pm

I first posted on this back in July, 2017.

I have been trying to get Hyatt "Consumer Affairs" since then to replace my gift cards that appear to have been drained due to Hyatt's lack of security. They have not even responded to follow-up requests for updates, despite my supplying all of their requested information. All of the cards were physical cards purchased directly from Hyatt.com and I provided the receipt, credit card statement and scans of the actual cards. Stealing Hyatt gift card balances seems to be an ongoing problem and requests for resolution seem to be going into a black hole.

Hyatt's poor service is making me want to take my business elsewhere.
Old May 19, 2018, 11:16 pm

just bought physical hyatt gc from the hotel front desk due to amex offer, but sadly amex offer didnt trigger, and now stuck with hyatt gc (it has a PIN)

the limiting factor is i dont have immediate upcoming travels to the countries/places where hyatt gc is accepted. i believe only participating hyatt properties at US, Canada, Mexico, Carribbean, Central America, South America can accept hyatt gc

reading all the stories here, it seems like many bought from third party seller, or from hyatt website.

for those whose hyatt gift cards got compromised
- do they have PINs?
- is yours purchased from a hyatt hotel front desk?

i m hoping i dont have to rush and use mine..

this is really concerning . i think the next travel i can use my hyatt gc would probably be late nov,... and that is still 6 months away

thanks

Last edited by gnomey; May 19, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Old May 20, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Save the receipt
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone used a gift card at a Miraval? I'm going to the one in Arizona and I have a gift card still hanging around . . .
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Amex HP/HH offer

Not sure I will stay in another HP/HH at > $200 between now and year's end, but would love to cash out the $60 back Amex offer. A series of inter-related questions:
  1. Are HPs still selling physical GCs? (I guess I'll find this out for myself when I try at the local one, which used to do so ...)
  2. Have people been having trouble lately with physical GCs being drained?
  3. Are physical GC HP/HH purchases still triggering the Amex credit? They used to, but a few posts up from this one, someone is saying no as of this Spring.
TIA
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Not sure I will stay in another HP/HH at > $200 between now and year's end, but would love to cash out the $60 back Amex offer. A series of inter-related questions:
  1. Are HPs still selling physical GCs? (I guess I'll find this out for myself when I try at the local one, which used to do so ...) YMMV so you'll have to do your own legwork or use the phone.
  2. Have people been having trouble lately with physical GCs being drained? They now come with PIN numbers, I had some non PIN ones replaced by Hyatt earlier this year
  3. Are physical GC HP/HH purchases still triggering the Amex credit? They used to, but a few posts up from this one, someone is saying no as of this Spring. If the offer is specific to HH & HP purchasing at the front desk should trigger the offer. The offer in May was Hyatt Regency specific and worked for me.

TIA
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Thanks mhdena. Your responses to 2 and 3 motivate me to pursue 1. Will report back.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
At least for HP, my understanding is only that corporate locations will have GCs. So if it's a franchise you might be out of luck.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by JD623
I'm trying to check the value of my cards but it seems that you now need a 4 digit pin number to check. The cards I have were issued before PINS were issued. I didn't hear an option to speak to a human but I may be missing something. Any ideas? Thanks!
Just found a stack of old Hyatt gift cards in my desk that are probably 10 years old. No PIN. When I call the number, I can't get past the prompt requesting a PIN. Does anyone know any current solutions to check the balance of old, plastic, PIN-less gift cards?
Old Feb 19, 2023, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by River in Sight
Just found a stack of old Hyatt gift cards in my desk that are probably 10 years old. No PIN. When I call the number, I can't get past the prompt requesting a PIN. Does anyone know any current solutions to check the balance of old, plastic, PIN-less gift cards?
Try calling customer service for advice. At a minimum, if they can't help you, ask to speak with a supervisor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.