Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: silver springer
For checking balances (thanks to Brendan);
For those who don't know already, the US/ Canadian toll-free phone # for Hyatt Customer Service to check the value of Hyatt GCs is 1-866-784-0540. If calling from elsewhere, first dial the ++ code of the country from which you're calling, subject to the normal rate for ringing the USA.

Hyatt Customer Service suggested to check the value of your gift card (e-gift card or plastic) once a month
Print Wikipost

issues with Hyatt gift card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by CubsGirl
I've had success having a gift card applied after a stay, and hyatt has specifically suggested it to me at least twice (once when I was dealing with a gift card that had been drained by someone else and once when their computer system at a specific hotel was having issues). Have never had any issues with credits back to my credit card when I've switched the payment.
Tried this recently at two U.S. Hyatt Places and was told it wasn't possible. Did you call the hotel directly or call Hyatt corporate?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I'm trying to check the value of my cards but it seems that you now need a 4 digit pin number to check. The cards I have were issued before PINS were issued. I didn't hear an option to speak to a human but I may be missing something. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:58 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
I had the same problem. This is an error on Hyatt's side. The system was working properly to check balances earlier this week. You shouldn't have to input a PIN if the card didn't come with a PIN.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JD623
I'm trying to check the value of my cards but it seems that you now need a 4 digit pin number to check. The cards I have were issued before PINS were issued. I didn't hear an option to speak to a human but I may be missing something. Any ideas? Thanks!
I had the same issue last week. I just kept pressing # like 20 times until it transferred me.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:52 pm

I found this flyertalk post because i finally got the time to check balances on cards I have not used in months and their phone verification asks for a pin. And it seems no solution yet.

I just tweeted them, and their tweet back is to go to the seller and verify with them. Nincompoop!

Last edited by ST_Hawaii; Oct 23, 2016 at 7:02 pm
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Call customer service. They should be able to help.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Call customer service. They should be able to help.
I contacted their twitter team and 800-323-7249. One of my $200 got hacked and emptied. These were bought a year ago from SVM. Hyatt suggested I call SVM. Miles to memories just posted that Hyatt replaced his. It seems Hyatt treats people differently. Any suggestions on how to get a replacement or refund? Bought with eBay gift cards and has contacted SVM. No response yet. I also will try to call Hyatt again
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I really don't know. I purchased from SVM last November, but mine weren't hacked when I used them in May.

It is possible they have stopped replacing those purchased from 3rd party sellers and only replacing those they actually sold themselves.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I really don't know. I purchased from SVM last November, but mine weren't hacked when I used them in May.

It is possible they have stopped replacing those purchased from 3rd party sellers and only replacing those they actually sold themselves.
Thanks for replying. Sorry. I wasn't targeting you for an answer specifically. I'm hoping the rest of the community have some suggestions. Awaiting response from SVM but not hopeful since they probably get a bunch of inquiries on a daily basis.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ST_Hawaii
I contacted their twitter team and 800-323-7249. One of my $200 got hacked and emptied. These were bought a year ago from SVM. Hyatt suggested I call SVM. Miles to memories just posted that Hyatt replaced his. It seems Hyatt treats people differently. Any suggestions on how to get a replacement or refund? Bought with eBay gift cards and has contacted SVM. No response yet. I also will try to call Hyatt again
I have the same experience that two of my hyatt gift card were emptied when I tried to use them. The gift cards were purchased from SVM via ebay. Called hyatt but it asked me to contact the vendor and insisted that it's nothing to do with hyatt. What a poor experience. It's like they authorize others to sell their gift card but whenever it got a problem they try to stay away. The question is who leak the account number? SVM? based on the call with hyatt, it gave me this sense.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by light02
I have the same experience that two of my hyatt gift card were emptied when I tried to use them. The gift cards were purchased from SVM via ebay. Called hyatt but it asked me to contact the vendor and insisted that it's nothing to do with hyatt. What a poor experience. It's like they authorize others to sell their gift card but whenever it got a problem they try to stay away. The question is who leak the account number? SVM? based on the call with hyatt, it gave me this sense.
Just found two of my svm cards drained in september. CS was no help. Did anyone hear from
Svm? I am
Not sure what they can do. Seems like a Hyatt issue. I will contact Svm and when they tell me there is nothing they can do I Guess I will
wind up filing a complaint with the FTC and my states AG. I will also make sure to blog post, tweet and Facebook post about my experience. I also will never set foot in a Hyatt again. Hope it was worth it to them over a couple hundred dollars.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Working on a theory here ...

Regardless of vendor, has anyone here had a Hyatt GC with a face value of $100 or less drained?

Thanks in advance ....
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kklems
Just found two of my svm cards drained in september. CS was no help. Did anyone hear from
Svm? I am
Not sure what they can do. Seems like a Hyatt issue. I will contact Svm and when they tell me there is nothing they can do I Guess I will
wind up filing a complaint with the FTC and my states AG. I will also make sure to blog post, tweet and Facebook post about my experience. I also will never set foot in a Hyatt again. Hope it was worth it to them over a couple hundred dollars.
You should look into filing a claim through ebay/paypal/credit card if SVM doesn't reply.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Regardless of vendor, has anyone here had a Hyatt GC with a face value of $100 or less drained?

Thanks in advance ....
I had a card with $58 on it and someone took $26. Must have had an invoice of like $226 and used another stolen giftcard for the other $200. I used the remainder so they didn't have a chance to take the $32.

Didn't bother trying to reach out the Hyatt for the $26, not worth the time...
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kklems
Svm? I am
I called SVM and was advised to file message via eBay to seller which is SVM. Recently I was contacted by SVM and they took the card numbers and other info from me after a week I contacted them. Now still waiting for further message from SVM. According to SVM, they will help direct my case to Hyatt for investigation. Not sure how long this will take and whether if my case will be cleared in whatever manner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.