Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: silver springer
For checking balances (thanks to Brendan);
For those who don't know already, the US/ Canadian toll-free phone # for Hyatt Customer Service to check the value of Hyatt GCs is 1-866-784-0540. If calling from elsewhere, first dial the ++ code of the country from which you're calling, subject to the normal rate for ringing the USA.

Hyatt Customer Service suggested to check the value of your gift card (e-gift card or plastic) once a month
Print Wikipost

issues with Hyatt gift card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:04 pm

Just found out my two cards from SVM were drained. Here we go. I hate Hyatt.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: Globallist
just bought and used a NEW Hyatt GC with a PIN. No issues. SAVED 7 pct, which seems like a realistic savings. I would hope 5-15, with edging up to 15. The eBay ones, that were 25 pct and beyond, and after you consider the Sellers fees to use eBay at 10 pct, paypal fees, plus fess if bought with a CC.....>SHOCKED that those we all fishy
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:16 pm

I just bought some Hyatt gift cards directly from a local Hyatt in December. They're the old older cards without pins. Has anyone had success with Hyatt swapping out older cards for the newer ones with pins?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by CalGuy
I just bought some Hyatt gift cards directly from a local Hyatt in December. They're the old older cards without pins. Has anyone had success with Hyatt swapping out older cards for the newer ones with pins?
Just had this conversation with Hyatt and then Customer Relations after. They will not swap out the pins, but they will guarantee them as long as you are original purchaser, have purchase receipt, and it was purchased directly from them (online or at a hotel).

Otherwise I think they're not honoring any fraud claims.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
If you have a hyatt near you, you could take your certificates and "buy" new gift cards in larger denominations. The new ones should have pins.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:10 pm

I tried to redeem $2,000 in gift cards at the Hyatt today and over $1,000 of them had a zero balance. Of course the ones with a pin were fine and those without a pin were zeroed out. All of these gift cards I received directly from Discover Card by redeeming $90 of Discover Cash for a $100 Hyatt gift card. I'm not looking forward to the phone call on monday.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pilotjustin
I tried to redeem $2,000 in gift cards at the Hyatt today and over $1,000 of them had a zero balance. Of course the ones with a pin were fine and those without a pin were zeroed out. All of these gift cards I received directly from Discover Card by redeeming $90 of Discover Cash for a $100 Hyatt gift card. I'm not looking forward to the phone call on monday.
Are you starting with Discover or Hyatt?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:38 pm

I'm going to start with Hyatt.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:01 pm

Just found out my 2 gift cards $200 each bought from SVM is drained. Called Hyatt but was no help.
Am I sure to lost my money?
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Greg, the Frequent Miler, also had some familiar issues ...

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...-hacked-twice/
Saw this post. Called Hyatt relation number. Person was helpful. Emailed him proof of purchase. Now I will wait and see..
Old Jan 27, 2017, 7:23 pm

Hyatt's consumer affairs department was very helpful. Once they received my proof of purchase, they reissued e-gift cards within 5 hours. The gift cards were from Discover and also from SVM off eBay and they double checked and confirmed that they were both authorized resellers. They did say the rules they are using for reimbursing compromised gift cards:

"There is more information we need to gather to assist you, as we can only refund or replace Hyatt Gift Cards that you have purchased directly through Hyatt hotels or authorized sellers. If you are the original purchaser of the card, please provide proof of purchase or information on where the card was activated. Per our Terms and Conditions, we cannot cancel or replace any lost, stolen, or damaged gift cards without card number and proof of purchase.

In the event that you have purchased your Hyatt Gift Card through an unauthorized seller, we would be unable to assist in refunding the value of the gift card. This would include purchases through resellers like Craigslist, Gift Card Zen, CardCash or Raise.com. We recommend that you reach out to the seller, or the platform through which you purchased the gift card to seek a refund."
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:53 am

Good to know SVM from eBay is a reseller. Hopefully I will get my card back.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:21 pm

Good news, SVM update. I contacted SVM and they were very helpful. They were aware of the fraud happening on the cards they issued and informed me they are working with Hyatt. I sent SVM all the required info (my cards were only a few digits different which is probably the problem). Maybe a week later I received a Fedex from Hyatt replacing the drained cards. Kudos to SVM for their help and Hyatt for correcting their mistake.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
It's ironic because cards bought through authorized resellers and Hyatt directly are more easily compromised due to the predictability of the numbering system. The pins don't do anything given that they aren't really used for transactions, but as a stop gap to prevent balance fishing.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone see the CardCash 19% off deal a few days ago?

Thought it was my lucky day - I was staying at a Hyatt, so I figured I could order and then use the cards right away, so no chance for fraud.

Fool me once . . .

Anyway, be very wary of CardCash. Haven't even heard back from them yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.