Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JoeWoodstock
I'll start a wiki, feel free to change/update:

Category:

Category 6 - 20,000 points per night (now 21k off-peak, 25k normal, and 29k peak)
Points and Cash - 10,000 points + $125 per night
Club (Points) - 27,000 points per night
Suite Upgrade (Points and Cash) - 6,000 points per night + Hyatt Daily Rate for Ocean View Room

19% total tax (16% VAT + 3% occupancy tax)
$25 per day resort fee

Upgrades:

DSU books into a Grand Suite King - http://playadelcarmen.grand.hyatt.co...oms/suite.html

Transportation:

At this time we do not have a transportation supplier selected, we apologize for this inconvenience, however we would like to suggest you some options that are available for your service:

(We are located next to “The Royal Hotel” in Playa del Carmen, please select that hotel as a reference in the browsers.)

FROM AIRPORT:
CANCUN EXPRESS
Prices:
$117 UDS (Round Trip)
$59 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: +52 1 (998) 195-3274
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancun-express.com/
serviced by Cancun shuttle (2/6/16)

CANCUN SHUTTLE
Prices:
$140 USD (Round Trip)
$90 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservations Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: 1-888-414-0017 and +52 998 848 0335
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancunshuttle.com/
book through Cancun Express to get their lower rate

LOMAS TRAVEL
Prices:
$315 USD (Round Trip)
$110 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*Support Online
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Debit
Telephone: USA 314-669-6871

ADO BUS

GETTING ANYWHERE ALONG ROUTE 307, consider Collectivo:
This includes going to Tulum, Cancun, Akumal, Xel Ha or anywhere else along 307.
Travel like the locals on the cheap
example PDC to Tulum: 40 peso ($2)pp, PDC to Akumal: 35pesos
taxi to Collectivo pickup site is 90 pesos
Warning: quick acceleration/deceleration may be tough on those with motion sickness

Parking On Site:

105 Pesos (as of 12/17/15)

Activites:
Tulum: entrance fee 65 euro, < 13yoa free
Akumal: nice beach, known for turtles, Lol Ha is a great beachside restaurant

Hotel now offers transport which can be billed to your room:

Greetings from the beautiful Riviera Maya! Thank you for contacting us.
On behalf Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort we appreciate your preference.
Regarding the transportation service, I would like to share with you the option our hotel offers:

GRAY LINE (Luxury Service in Mercedes Benz) Grand Hyatt transportation from CUN.

1 to 3 People SEDAN (with 3 pieces of luggage) 153 USD one way 255 RT
4 to 7 People VIANO (with up to 7 pieces of luggage) 180 USD one way 300 RT

· It is a Private transportation.
· It will be charged to your room account
· It provides luxury service

Dining on Property:

Dining off Property:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:45 am

Thank you, martinplas. I saw an earlier post saying that the club breakfast was not good. We'll see!

The club noise sounds like it's not going away. My wife and I are taking my mum to Playa del Carmen for her birthday (mum's). I would hate for this to affect our sleep since we have to be up early for excursions. Should we expect this noise midweek?

Originally Posted by martinplas
Breakfast in the club is actually very good in my opinion. Great breads , butter,toaster, coffee, expresso, egg dish ,smoked Salmon, goats cheese,3 fresh juices , great pastries , 3-4 fresh cut fruits( papaya , watermelon )fresh yogurts , cereals , and several sliced meats, ( no bacon). Evening treats are equally good and can save a family a lot of dinner expense.There was always many good desserts available. Cocktails were free along with wine, beer , and mixed drinks. Soft drinks , water beer,and espresso machine with cookies all day but beer must be consumed in the club.The Club personnel are some of the best.
The suite available for upgrade is the Grand Club suite and always request the south side to escape some of the day club noise, not all. The Executive suites in the corners are large and beautiful, but unless you are a known repeat Customer and Diamond it won't be available unless you pay an up charge ($300.00 night) and one is available.
I would always prefer Club access over restaurant breakfast and 2500 one time HGP points. I don't believe Diamonds can opt for restaurant breakfast. There are many good recent photos on Trip Advisor of the lounge breakfast.
The spa is first class, and has both hot / cold plunges, dry and wet Sauna and showers. The treatments we had were all excellent.
There have been seaweed problems , but on my last visit in January it was clear waters and clean beach. There are plenty of chase lounges at the infinity pool and beach
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond

Yes you should. Request South side room. They are Better but still will have some noise from about 12-6pm. When you close your patio door it's not too bad. If you are expecting to sit on patio and hear the waves crashing on the beach you will be disappointed.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:47 am

Did anyone who visited this property have any drinks with ice or salads? I am concerned about getting tourista GI illness.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:10 pm

Have eaten here over two visits both in the lounge and all their restaurants. Salads, fruit, and never had a problem. Ice seems fine in bar drinks, never had a problem. I only use bottled water out in the room out of country ( even to brush my teeth) Cold beer works just fine.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:57 pm

Thank you for the tip ^

Yes you should. Request South side room. They are Better but still will have some noise from about 12-6pm. When you close your patio door it's not too bad. If you are expecting to sit on patio and hear the waves crashing on the beach you will be disappointed.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I'm confused about the beach club v. dance club conversation. Are they the same thing? 12-6 p.m. will disturb sleep patterns (the question to which you responded)? Do you mean a.m.? I'll be there next month. Daytime noise is one thing nighttime is quite another.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:05 pm

12pm(noon) to 6pm. If one of the nearby Hotels is having an evening music event on the beach it could go into the evening and early morning (1am Etc.) and you will probably be impacted by the sound.
I believe beach club and dance club are synonymous
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is only one club, Coralina, which may affect guests of GH. IMHO, other clubs are too far to make a real impact. Coralina is open from 11AM to 7PM with loud dance music. It gives GH a W vibe but I am ok with it. What bothered me was that they had a private birthday party one night which ran until 3AM. Hopefully, it was a one time event and will never recur.

https://www.facebook.com/coralinapdc/

The building you see in profile photo is GH.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
There is only one club, Coralina, which may affect guests of GH. IMHO, other clubs are too far to make a real impact. Coralina is open from 11AM to 7PM with loud dance music. It gives GH a W vibe but I am ok with it. What bothered me was that they had a private birthday party one night which ran until 3AM. Hopefully, it was a one time event and will never recur.

https://www.facebook.com/coralinapdc/

The building you see in profile photo is GH.
I'm headed there in Feb and considering a swim up room. Are these near or away from this club?

Many thanks
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by New to FF
I'm headed there in Feb and considering a swim up room. Are these near or away from this club?

Many thanks
Swim up rooms are all in the back and away from the beach. They are least affected by club noise. Those rooms don't really have ocean view though.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Swim up rooms are all in the back and away from the beach. They are least affected by club noise. Those rooms don't really have ocean view though.
Thanks so much for the prompt response!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:07 pm

Be vigilant of mosquitos in the swim up rooms and leaving your door open. They do sell OFF in the hotel store.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:50 am

Thanks for the info on the swim up rooms everyone. We are headed there in 10 days. Does anyone have any good off property breakfast, lunch or dinner recommendations that are walkable? Much appreciated.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by New to FF
Thanks for the info on the swim up rooms everyone. We are headed there in 10 days. Does anyone have any good off property breakfast, lunch or dinner recommendations that are walkable? Much appreciated.
Coincidentally we will be there in 10 days for a long birthday weekend and I too would love to hear some good lunch/dinner restaurants in walking distance.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by SQNfan
Coincidentally we will be there in 10 days for a long birthday weekend and I too would love to hear some good lunch/dinner restaurants in walking distance.
Well maybe we will see you there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.