Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JoeWoodstock
I'll start a wiki, feel free to change/update:

Category:

Category 6 - 20,000 points per night (now 21k off-peak, 25k normal, and 29k peak)
Points and Cash - 10,000 points + $125 per night
Club (Points) - 27,000 points per night
Suite Upgrade (Points and Cash) - 6,000 points per night + Hyatt Daily Rate for Ocean View Room

19% total tax (16% VAT + 3% occupancy tax)
$25 per day resort fee

Upgrades:

DSU books into a Grand Suite King - http://playadelcarmen.grand.hyatt.co...oms/suite.html

Transportation:

At this time we do not have a transportation supplier selected, we apologize for this inconvenience, however we would like to suggest you some options that are available for your service:

(We are located next to “The Royal Hotel” in Playa del Carmen, please select that hotel as a reference in the browsers.)

FROM AIRPORT:
CANCUN EXPRESS
Prices:
$117 UDS (Round Trip)
$59 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: +52 1 (998) 195-3274
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancun-express.com/
serviced by Cancun shuttle (2/6/16)

CANCUN SHUTTLE
Prices:
$140 USD (Round Trip)
$90 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservations Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: 1-888-414-0017 and +52 998 848 0335
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancunshuttle.com/
book through Cancun Express to get their lower rate

LOMAS TRAVEL
Prices:
$315 USD (Round Trip)
$110 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*Support Online
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Debit
Telephone: USA 314-669-6871

ADO BUS

GETTING ANYWHERE ALONG ROUTE 307, consider Collectivo:
This includes going to Tulum, Cancun, Akumal, Xel Ha or anywhere else along 307.
Travel like the locals on the cheap
example PDC to Tulum: 40 peso ($2)pp, PDC to Akumal: 35pesos
taxi to Collectivo pickup site is 90 pesos
Warning: quick acceleration/deceleration may be tough on those with motion sickness

Parking On Site:

105 Pesos (as of 12/17/15)

Activites:
Tulum: entrance fee 65 euro, < 13yoa free
Akumal: nice beach, known for turtles, Lol Ha is a great beachside restaurant

Hotel now offers transport which can be billed to your room:

Greetings from the beautiful Riviera Maya! Thank you for contacting us.
On behalf Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort we appreciate your preference.
Regarding the transportation service, I would like to share with you the option our hotel offers:

GRAY LINE (Luxury Service in Mercedes Benz) Grand Hyatt transportation from CUN.

1 to 3 People SEDAN (with 3 pieces of luggage) 153 USD one way 255 RT
4 to 7 People VIANO (with up to 7 pieces of luggage) 180 USD one way 300 RT

· It is a Private transportation.
· It will be charged to your room account
· It provides luxury service

Dining on Property:

Dining off Property:

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:00 pm

I don't plan on leaving the hotel areas (5th ave) except for Xaceret or Xel Ha and maybe a day trip to Cozumel
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Is there any way to book a swim-up king room at this location using points?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:40 pm

Read many of the reviews. Thoughts about going in late February (after PD weekend, before March) in terms of weather/mosquitos/kids? Also, rather kid-phobic; is this a very kid-centered place (seems not really). Diamond treatment and lounge looks very good, and it would be quick from DFW.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 12:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by joetro
Read many of the reviews. Thoughts about going in late February (after PD weekend, before March) in terms of weather/mosquitos/kids? Also, rather kid-phobic; is this a very kid-centered place (seems not really). Diamond treatment and lounge looks very good, and it would be quick from DFW.
I was there in February. No issues with insects of any kind. The time there included President's Day weekend, so there were some kids - not quite as loud as the day club. There is an adult pool.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by joetro
Diamond treatment and lounge is fantastic, rooms are very good, and property is beautiful. Mosquitoes were not an issue in mid-March this year.

There were a lot of kids (we had two of them). Kids in the lounge, kids in the restaurants, kids by the pools. There are basically two main pool complexes (they call it three, but two are right next to each other). The main (large) pool complex had plenty of kids in it, of all ages. Everything from toddlers in life-vests, to 14 year olds throwing frisbees.

The adult pool is basically a large, square pool with lounge chairs around it, and there were no kids there.

IMO, I would take my wife without kids and we would have a great time. That said, if I were kid-phobic (ie. it would annoy me if they were sitting at the next table in the lounge, next to me in the buffet line, etc) I would avoid it. I will say pretty much all the kids I saw were well behaved. The main issue I saw was giant family groups taking up all seats/table in the lounge, or massive amounts of chairs by the pool.

Interestingly, I would not say it's a kid-centered place, but lots of families show up. Not sure why that is.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Reisen
Diamond treatment and lounge is fantastic, rooms are very good, and property is beautiful. Mosquitoes were not an issue in mid-March this year.

There were a lot of kids (we had two of them). Kids in the lounge, kids in the restaurants, kids by the pools. There are basically two main pool complexes (they call it three, but two are right next to each other). The main (large) pool complex had plenty of kids in it, of all ages. Everything from toddlers in life-vests, to 14 year olds throwing frisbees.

The adult pool is basically a large, square pool with lounge chairs around it, and there were no kids there.

IMO, I would take my wife without kids and we would have a great time. That said, if I were kid-phobic (ie. it would annoy me if they were sitting at the next table in the lounge, next to me in the buffet line, etc) I would avoid it. I will say pretty much all the kids I saw were well behaved. The main issue I saw was giant family groups taking up all seats/table in the lounge, or massive amounts of chairs by the pool.

Interestingly, I would not say it's a kid-centered place, but lots of families show up. Not sure why that is.
Really? I can't imagine anyone of any age not loving this place.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Reisen
... in mid-March this year.

Could be a higher than average number of families at that time, considering that would have been Spring Break this year for many/most US school-age kids this year.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:09 am

Thanks, all. Right, that would be my hope, that what you experienced was due to Spring Break, whereas I might be there in a "sweet spot" between President's long weekend and Spring Breaks in March.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:29 pm

Planning to head here at the end of Sept. for our honeymoon. I've never used the diamond suite upgrade...do you wait to do it once you show up or can you pre-book the suite. Just want to make sure we get one. Is there a schematic of the rooms and their locations somewhere? I see the warning to stay away from the day club so I want to know where those room are.

Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:55 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by dlkj
Planning to head here at the end of Sept. for our honeymoon. I've never used the diamond suite upgrade...do you wait to do it once you show up or can you pre-book the suite. Just want to make sure we get one. Is there a schematic of the rooms and their locations somewhere? I see the warning to stay away from the day club so I want to know where those room are.

Thanks
As soon ad you have booked your room, call up and ask for the suite upgrade. Hopefully inventory is open. I'd mention your on your honeymoon, too. The hotel does a great job with special occasions.

All suites are ocean front. If suite gets confirmed I would write to the hotel and request a suite a bit away from the day club. You can also call the hotel and ask for them to apply the DSU in stead of calling central reservations.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by dlkj

Thanks
I would call the Diamond line to apply the DSU. You want to do it as far in advance as possible.

In terms of the rooms, just ask to be "away from the Day Club" or "on the south side of the hotel" (which is away from the day club). The hotel will be veeeeeeeery familiar with that request.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:54 am

I did my DSU about 20 mins after I booked and was confirmed.

We are about 1/2 month from our vacation there. I can't wait.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:34 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by RGreenPC

We are about 1/2 month from our vacation there. I can't wait.
and you won't regret it!^
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:38 pm

My Spanish is "ok" at best.

Do some/many of the guest-facing hotel staff speak English?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:10 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Wooglin
My Spanish is "ok" at best.

Do some/many of the guest-facing hotel staff speak English?
Absolutely - English is widely spoken.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.