Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JoeWoodstock
I'll start a wiki, feel free to change/update:

Category:

Category 6 - 20,000 points per night (now 21k off-peak, 25k normal, and 29k peak)
Points and Cash - 10,000 points + $125 per night
Club (Points) - 27,000 points per night
Suite Upgrade (Points and Cash) - 6,000 points per night + Hyatt Daily Rate for Ocean View Room

19% total tax (16% VAT + 3% occupancy tax)
$25 per day resort fee

Upgrades:

DSU books into a Grand Suite King - http://playadelcarmen.grand.hyatt.co...oms/suite.html

Transportation:

At this time we do not have a transportation supplier selected, we apologize for this inconvenience, however we would like to suggest you some options that are available for your service:

(We are located next to “The Royal Hotel” in Playa del Carmen, please select that hotel as a reference in the browsers.)

FROM AIRPORT:
CANCUN EXPRESS
Prices:
$117 UDS (Round Trip)
$59 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: +52 1 (998) 195-3274
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancun-express.com/
serviced by Cancun shuttle (2/6/16)

CANCUN SHUTTLE
Prices:
$140 USD (Round Trip)
$90 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservations Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: 1-888-414-0017 and +52 998 848 0335
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancunshuttle.com/
book through Cancun Express to get their lower rate

LOMAS TRAVEL
Prices:
$315 USD (Round Trip)
$110 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*Support Online
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Debit
Telephone: USA 314-669-6871

ADO BUS

GETTING ANYWHERE ALONG ROUTE 307, consider Collectivo:
This includes going to Tulum, Cancun, Akumal, Xel Ha or anywhere else along 307.
Travel like the locals on the cheap
example PDC to Tulum: 40 peso ($2)pp, PDC to Akumal: 35pesos
taxi to Collectivo pickup site is 90 pesos
Warning: quick acceleration/deceleration may be tough on those with motion sickness

Parking On Site:

105 Pesos (as of 12/17/15)

Activites:
Tulum: entrance fee 65 euro, < 13yoa free
Akumal: nice beach, known for turtles, Lol Ha is a great beachside restaurant

Hotel now offers transport which can be billed to your room:

Greetings from the beautiful Riviera Maya! Thank you for contacting us.
On behalf Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort we appreciate your preference.
Regarding the transportation service, I would like to share with you the option our hotel offers:

GRAY LINE (Luxury Service in Mercedes Benz) Grand Hyatt transportation from CUN.

1 to 3 People SEDAN (with 3 pieces of luggage) 153 USD one way 255 RT
4 to 7 People VIANO (with up to 7 pieces of luggage) 180 USD one way 300 RT

· It is a Private transportation.
· It will be charged to your room account
· It provides luxury service

Dining on Property:

Dining off Property:

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Does anyone have any experience with the kids club here? Is it included in the price of a room (at the nearby Andaz it is, but eating seems likely to be so much more expensive there that we're planning to stay at GH even if we have to pay for kids club). Any reviews or thoughts are appreciated. We're planning on a trip in early November, which I'm hoping should be less crowded time of year.
Don't have any personal experience with it, but it is not included in the room unless you book a rate that explicitly mentions it (I don't know if there are such rates).

Current prices, per kid ages 4-12:
Full day Camp US$65
Half day Camp US$35
Hour US$15
*Night Camp US$45
* Friday & Saturday, 6:00 pm - 9:45 pm, dinner included
Prices in USD.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
The kid's club was empty when we were there memorial day weekend.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:26 am

Has anyone had a recent stay as an Explorist with Club Access award applied? I have an upcoming stay and am curious about any chance of an upgrade.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:15 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by jackthedog
Has anyone had a recent stay as an Explorist with Club Access award applied? I have an upcoming stay and am curious about any chance of an upgrade.
Contact the hotel directly. My experience (Diamond) has been great in terms of applying a Suite Upgrade last year, and again for January next year. They seem very accommodating and generous, and hence presume they'll be the same for an Explorist applying the Club Access/Upgrade.

BTW - the club is really great ^
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:30 am

Thanks very much.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 4:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I saw the transportation options in the Wiki. I'm wondering if anyone decided to rent a car at the Cancun airport to drive to the Grand Hyatt and to keep for the duration of their stay?

1. Better/same/Worse to rent Mexican car rental company versus National, Avis, etc.?

2. How much is self-parking at the Grand Hyatt?

Someone also mentioned they used Uber from the airport to the Grand Hyatt? How much does that rate cost?

Thanks!!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat / OW Sapphire / Hyatt Diamond / Hilton Diamond
We used this company to book our shuttle from the airport to the Hyatt and back. It was very easy finding them upon arrival. The drivers were polite and professional and the vehicles were very clean. It was about $50 each way for 4 or us. If you are to drive, it's nearly a straight shot down the main road from the airport until you get to Playa del Carmen.

http://www.playadelcarmentours.com/a...sportation.htm

Originally Posted by FatB
Hi Everyone,

I saw the transportation options in the Wiki. I'm wondering if anyone decided to rent a car at the Cancun airport to drive to the Grand Hyatt and to keep for the duration of their stay?

1. Better/same/Worse to rent Mexican car rental company versus National, Avis, etc.?

Someone also mentioned they used Uber from the airport to the Grand Hyatt? How much does that rate cost?

Thanks!!
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!!
We did this in Dec 2016.

Parking at the GH Playa is valet with full in/out privileges for 105MXN/day. I don't recall an option to self-park.

I rented with Hertz as I was a President's Circle member with them. Booked 5 days in advance, and got a 2dr compact car at an absurdly low 68MXN/day. Watch the CC Auth though- Found out they authorized my card for 1100 USD on the rental. Call to Hertz corporate claimed that's "normal policy" if you decline their insurance while in Mexico.

Overall, it ended up being $26 USD for the car and parking, which was less than the shuttle services we looked up.

I think the funniest part was that I paid more to park the car each night than I did to rent it.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Wooglin
We did this in Dec 2016.

Parking at the GH Playa is valet with full in/out privileges for 105MXN/day. I don't recall an option to self-park.

I rented with Hertz as I was a President's Circle member with them. Booked 5 days in advance, and got a 2dr compact car at an absurdly low 68MXN/day. Watch the CC Auth though- Found out they authorized my card for 1100 USD on the rental. Call to Hertz corporate claimed that's "normal policy" if you decline their insurance while in Mexico.

Overall, it ended up being $26 USD for the car and parking, which was less than the shuttle services we looked up.

I think the funniest part was that I paid more to park the car each night than I did to rent it.
Oh, you declined Hertz's insurance? I was too nervous to do that last time I was in Mexico. You used a Chase Sapphire to rent?

My understanding is that the rental rate is usually very low but that the insurance is usually 2x or more of the rate.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:49 am

Oh, you declined Hertz's insurance? I was too nervous to do that last time I was in Mexico. You used a Chase Sapphire to rent?

My understanding is that the rental rate is usually very low but that the insurance is usually 2x or more of the rate.
I used the Chase United MP Club Card, which has the same rental car coverage as the Sapphire.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:01 pm

Laundry

Hi,

does the resort have self-service / guest laundry available? Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
No to self-service.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:20 am

Thanks re comment about self-service laundry.

Any recommendations for rental cars around the hotel? Thanks!!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any recommendations for rental cars around the hotel? Thanks!!
National across the street. Consider daily rentals to avoid parking charges.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:23 pm

Rental car

Thanks but I don't think there's a national rental car near the grand Hyatt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.