Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JoeWoodstock
I'll start a wiki, feel free to change/update:

Category:

Category 6 - 20,000 points per night (now 21k off-peak, 25k normal, and 29k peak)
Points and Cash - 10,000 points + $125 per night
Club (Points) - 27,000 points per night
Suite Upgrade (Points and Cash) - 6,000 points per night + Hyatt Daily Rate for Ocean View Room

19% total tax (16% VAT + 3% occupancy tax)
$25 per day resort fee

Upgrades:

DSU books into a Grand Suite King - http://playadelcarmen.grand.hyatt.co...oms/suite.html

Transportation:

At this time we do not have a transportation supplier selected, we apologize for this inconvenience, however we would like to suggest you some options that are available for your service:

(We are located next to “The Royal Hotel” in Playa del Carmen, please select that hotel as a reference in the browsers.)

FROM AIRPORT:
CANCUN EXPRESS
Prices:
$117 UDS (Round Trip)
$59 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: +52 1 (998) 195-3274
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancun-express.com/
serviced by Cancun shuttle (2/6/16)

CANCUN SHUTTLE
Prices:
$140 USD (Round Trip)
$90 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservations Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: 1-888-414-0017 and +52 998 848 0335
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancunshuttle.com/
book through Cancun Express to get their lower rate

LOMAS TRAVEL
Prices:
$315 USD (Round Trip)
$110 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*Support Online
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Debit
Telephone: USA 314-669-6871

ADO BUS

GETTING ANYWHERE ALONG ROUTE 307, consider Collectivo:
This includes going to Tulum, Cancun, Akumal, Xel Ha or anywhere else along 307.
Travel like the locals on the cheap
example PDC to Tulum: 40 peso ($2)pp, PDC to Akumal: 35pesos
taxi to Collectivo pickup site is 90 pesos
Warning: quick acceleration/deceleration may be tough on those with motion sickness

Parking On Site:

105 Pesos (as of 12/17/15)

Activites:
Tulum: entrance fee 65 euro, < 13yoa free
Akumal: nice beach, known for turtles, Lol Ha is a great beachside restaurant

Hotel now offers transport which can be billed to your room:

Greetings from the beautiful Riviera Maya! Thank you for contacting us.
On behalf Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort we appreciate your preference.
Regarding the transportation service, I would like to share with you the option our hotel offers:

GRAY LINE (Luxury Service in Mercedes Benz) Grand Hyatt transportation from CUN.

1 to 3 People SEDAN (with 3 pieces of luggage) 153 USD one way 255 RT
4 to 7 People VIANO (with up to 7 pieces of luggage) 180 USD one way 300 RT

· It is a Private transportation.
· It will be charged to your room account
· It provides luxury service

Dining on Property:

Dining off Property:

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Kalido? How much did you paid rt? I don't see anything in the Wiki.
Google is your friend.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm looking at a one-night stay and surprisingly the bed and breakfast rate is cheaper than the member rate. As a Globalist, I'm already entitled to free breakfast. I'm assuming there is an evening food spread in the lounge? Is it extensive? Does anyone here know if I can make a dinner out of it? What time is the food served?

I don't know how accurate the Wiki is, but what's the cheapest and best service to use to go from Cancun airport to here?

Thank you!
Glob breakfast is in the lounge, which I've found to be limited but good. However, if the rate includes breakfast I assume that's the restaurant breakfast, which is a large buffet with some made-to-order stations. I find the restaurant to be busy but food is of similar or better quality than the lounge.

I've used Canada transfers and USA transfers in the past and recommend either. Prompt service and the prices seemed to be within dollars of each other.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by kevinjm
Glob breakfast is in the lounge, which I've found to be limited but good. However, if the rate includes breakfast I assume that's the restaurant breakfast, which is a large buffet with some made-to-order stations. I find the restaurant to be busy but food is of similar or better quality than the lounge.

I've used Canada transfers and USA transfers in the past and recommend either. Prompt service and the prices seemed to be within dollars of each other.
How much did you paid?
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Kalido? How much did you paid rt? I don't see anything in the Wiki.
I did a Google search for "Kalido Cancun", guessing it's the first search result. There's a booking engine on their web site for quotes.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kevinjm

How much did you paid?
I used USA Transfer in January and it was right around $140. Canada was same. But I forgot to book until the night before and USA could handle a close in booking while Canada could not.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Globalist stayed here two nights paid cash rate. $450 per night all in cash rate.
No upgrade so got the room we booked. Resort was 90%+ capacity
Although the man who checked us in at the Grand Club tried to sell me an upgrade for $80 USD per night.
What’s annoying is I had booked the room for 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids)
I had asked MHC (JR) to contact the hotel in hopes of a better upgrade, 2 queens, or if not possible a rollaway and a crib. I also specifically asked for no “swim up room” because my kids ar 2 and 5
JR got back to me and told me she had been in touch and hotel confirmed an upgrade but she didn’t know what to. She confirmed the other requests had been made.
I had also asked the hotel via email for the crib and rollaway.
Fast forward to check in - no requests had been made.
We were initially put in a “swim up” room which they changed.
Spent about 75 mins in club lounge during check in process (it was happy hour too) and when we got to room the crib and rollaway were not there.
I was then told the rollaway was $30 a night (this was not shared during the booking process, via MHC, or via the hotel). Annoying. They thankfully waived the rollaway fee with a little push.
There was also no soap in the room and I had to call 4 times to get a bar of soap (took 2 hours)! We just wanted to wash our hands after a long day of travel. Gave up after 90 mins as we all needed to sleep and put on Do Not Disturb. Of course 30 mins later it shows up and they ring the doorbell waking the kids :-/
Lounge is nice with some decent food options. Food is poorly labeled. Pasta salad had sliced turkey in it. Rice dish had pork in it.
I was surprised they do not let Globalists take breakfast in the main La Cocina restaurant (even for an upcharge). The club lounge was also very crowded in the morning and evening so seems that this would relieve the pressure a bit. After speaking to the front desk manager she allowed us to have breakfast in La Cocina which was excellent. Great bakery and hot items, great authentic quesadilla bar. Great service at breakfast.
Hotel is large. Looks nice but is showing wear and tear a lot and (with some exceptions) many staff don’t seem to care much. Most of the sunbeds are rusting, trash and garbage all over the floor by the pool from early hours and all day. Found several shards of glass on the beach.
There was a lot of rain the first day and was grossed out to see them “sweeping” the rain with a large squeegee into the pool. Yuck.
Not sure I would go back here. This was a 2 night cash stay and we had a 5 night points stay at Marriott Bonvoy property.
If you do go there, one nice thing is that the hotel is in a sort of downtown area and right outside is a “Oxxo” convenience store (7-11 type store), a couple of pharmacies within two blocks, several restaurants, and what looked like a couple of old school barber shops. We had an amazing seafood dinner at Ictio Fish House which is approx 2 blocks south on the same road as the hotel (https://maps.app.goo.gl/LayuVSn3TLPjYcmc7) - highly recommend that place… was so good (https://imgur.com/a/VDSWYk4)
Pros
  • Pool is very nice - great design looking over the sea and lots of shallow areas for little kids.
  • Great that pool is close to the beach
  • Fantastic breakfast in La Cocina (ask them to make you chilaquiles at the egg station)
  • Lounge staff very friendly and make great cocktails
  • Wifi was a good speed with 15 to 20 mbs download speeds
  • Great gym facility
  • Kids club is a really nice facility with activities, dress up area, barbie dolls, building blocks, arts and crafts. A bit annoying that it opened at 10 AM and closed from 1 PM to 2 PM daily.
Cons:
  • Rusting furniture and trash not cared for
  • “Cabana” chaise pads had really nasty looking stains
  • All nice pool chaises taken by 9 AM and some left that way for 3 / 4 / 5 hours. This practice needs to be forbidden everywhere. One family group took 8 chaises pool side and didn’t show up till 2 PM !!!
  • Can be loud - seems like there is a beach club next door and there was pumping music in the afternoon: https://imgur.com/a/TkHcCb3
  • Frustratingly slow service at lunch in the restaurant and at the pool. Day 1 waited over an hour for burnt inedible chicken inedible for the kids. Then had to wait 45 mins for kids pasta (chicken fingers were inedible). Day 2 also waited over an hour for chicken fingers.
  • No kids toys for the beach or pool
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.