Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JoeWoodstock
I'll start a wiki, feel free to change/update:

Category:

Category 6 - 20,000 points per night (now 21k off-peak, 25k normal, and 29k peak)
Points and Cash - 10,000 points + $125 per night
Club (Points) - 27,000 points per night
Suite Upgrade (Points and Cash) - 6,000 points per night + Hyatt Daily Rate for Ocean View Room

19% total tax (16% VAT + 3% occupancy tax)
$25 per day resort fee

Upgrades:

DSU books into a Grand Suite King - http://playadelcarmen.grand.hyatt.co...oms/suite.html

Transportation:

At this time we do not have a transportation supplier selected, we apologize for this inconvenience, however we would like to suggest you some options that are available for your service:

(We are located next to “The Royal Hotel” in Playa del Carmen, please select that hotel as a reference in the browsers.)

FROM AIRPORT:
CANCUN EXPRESS
Prices:
$117 UDS (Round Trip)
$59 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: +52 1 (998) 195-3274
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancun-express.com/
serviced by Cancun shuttle (2/6/16)

CANCUN SHUTTLE
Prices:
$140 USD (Round Trip)
$90 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*You can make reservations Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Pay Pal
Telephone: 1-888-414-0017 and +52 998 848 0335
E-mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.cancunshuttle.com/
book through Cancun Express to get their lower rate

LOMAS TRAVEL
Prices:
$315 USD (Round Trip)
$110 USD (One Way)
*Private Transportation
*Support Online
*You can make reservation Online
*Take payments with Credit Card & Debit
Telephone: USA 314-669-6871

ADO BUS

GETTING ANYWHERE ALONG ROUTE 307, consider Collectivo:
This includes going to Tulum, Cancun, Akumal, Xel Ha or anywhere else along 307.
Travel like the locals on the cheap
example PDC to Tulum: 40 peso ($2)pp, PDC to Akumal: 35pesos
taxi to Collectivo pickup site is 90 pesos
Warning: quick acceleration/deceleration may be tough on those with motion sickness

Parking On Site:

105 Pesos (as of 12/17/15)

Activites:
Tulum: entrance fee 65 euro, < 13yoa free
Akumal: nice beach, known for turtles, Lol Ha is a great beachside restaurant

Hotel now offers transport which can be billed to your room:

Greetings from the beautiful Riviera Maya! Thank you for contacting us.
On behalf Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort we appreciate your preference.
Regarding the transportation service, I would like to share with you the option our hotel offers:

GRAY LINE (Luxury Service in Mercedes Benz) Grand Hyatt transportation from CUN.

1 to 3 People SEDAN (with 3 pieces of luggage) 153 USD one way 255 RT
4 to 7 People VIANO (with up to 7 pieces of luggage) 180 USD one way 300 RT

· It is a Private transportation.
· It will be charged to your room account
· It provides luxury service

Dining on Property:

Dining off Property:

Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:16 am

Any pictures of the executive suite?

Article today in WaPo re: Caribbean seaweed
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by travelexpert
This is the norm at virtually every hotel you can imagine.

I cannot recall ever having had a suite at any hotel chain other than Embassy Suites where the bedroom had two beds--the area for the bedroom is typically smaller than a standard room, and can only accommodate a king.
The Hyatt Orange County has 1 bedroom suites w/ 2 beds and a pullout in the living room. They also have 2 bedroom suites w/ 4 beds or 3 beds or 2 beds depending on what configuration you want. Also kid suites w/ bunk beds.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA, UA, AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GumboCook
The Hyatt Orange County has 1 bedroom suites w/ 2 beds and a pullout in the living room. They also have 2 bedroom suites w/ 4 beds or 3 beds or 2 beds depending on what configuration you want. Also kid suites w/ bunk beds.
Yeah, the Hyatt Coconut Point in Bonita Springs also has a 1 bedroom suite with two queen beds and a fully separate living room with pull out. It was great for our family!!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
I am disappointed to hear about the suite upgrade being one king only. That's no good as we are going with the kids.
Has anyone who stayed in a suite been able to get a rollaway, in addition to the the sofa-bed and king bed? Officially, their position is that they don't allow it.

That would make things much easier for our family of four, and 600+ SF is plenty of room for this.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
Has anyone who stayed in a suite been able to get a rollaway, in addition to the the sofa-bed and king bed? Officially, their position is that they don't allow it.

That would make things much easier for our family of four, and 600+ SF is plenty of room for this.
I was in a plunge pool suite and honestly I think a roll away would be very tight. The way the suite is laid out you would have to take out the table or something. I'm not surprised that they don't allow it. The suite is pretty large, but the bathroom takes up almost half.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:46 am

Do Diamonds staying on an all-points (20k/night) booking get access to the Club Lounge?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mal1b00
Do Diamonds staying on an all-points (20k/night) booking get access to the Club Lounge?
Absolutely, and welcome amenity even if booked with 3rd party (priceline, hotwire.)
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
I was in a plunge pool suite and honestly I think a roll away would be very tight. The way the suite is laid out you would have to take out the table or something. I'm not surprised that they don't allow it. The suite is pretty large, but the bathroom takes up almost half.
Many thanks for the reply! We'll plan accordingly--and hope for an (unlikely) UG to an executive suite.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it practical to stay at Hyatt and dive at Cozumel? I understand two dive shops operate trips to Cozumel but I wonder if it is worth the hassle?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:50 pm

Just wondering about the rates I see in the threads wiki. Are these rates per person or for the car in private transportation?

For comparison purpose, I found the public bus company ADO that provides services between Cancun airport and Playa del Carmen for about 62 pesos ($4 USD) each way per person.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by njdealguy
Just wondering about the rates I see in the threads wiki. Are these rates per person or for the car in private transportation?

For comparison purpose, I found the public bus company ADO that provides services between Cancun airport and Playa del Carmen for about 62 pesos ($4 USD) each way per person.
Wow, that's great! Do they have a reservation website?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by NewAgeTraveler
Wow, that's great! Do they have a reservation website?
Ya but looks to be all in spanish

I found out about it and how to find it at Cancun airport on this website:

http://everythingplayadelcarmen.com/...ya-del-carmen/
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by TerryK
Is it practical to stay at Hyatt and dive at Cozumel? I understand two dive shops operate trips to Cozumel but I wonder if it is worth the hassle?
Cozumel is about a 45 minute ferry ride away - plus a long walk or a taxi ride to the ferry terminal from and to the Hyatt. (Or, more likely, the dive shops arrange transportation between the ferry terminal and the Hyatt?)
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:43 pm
Formerly known as pmclean

I've read the reviews and have a question. Is a DSU a Club Room or the Grand Suite? I see references to both.

So how is the Grand Suite configured? No separate living space? I was planning a trip with my dad and wanted to share a room, but we need a little bit of privacy and were hoping for a pull out couch with a door between us!

Last edited by parismama; Dec 4, 2015 at 12:46 pm Reason: clarification
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:10 pm

Anyone know what the diamond welcome amenity is? Is day spa access included with diamond?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.