Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Wembleygal
Does anyone know that the hours are for the Regency Club evening reception?

thanks!
6-8 reception, 8-9 dessert.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ang2383
Any diamonds with a recent stay and can report back if parking and the resort fee were charged or waived? From what I gather, it looks like neither is waived/discounted for diamonds. I am looking at this hotel for an upcoming stay. Thanks!
I know your post is old but I was curious about this too. I was looking at this hotel for V-Day (super expensive already for that weekend). I called directly and asked front desk. Agent told me that they do not offer any reduced rates for parking or resort to Diamonds. However, they do try to give complimentary suite upgrades where possible.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by cdancer20
I know your post is old but I was curious about this too. I was looking at this hotel for V-Day (super expensive already for that weekend). I called directly and asked front desk. Agent told me that they do not offer any reduced rates for parking or resort to Diamonds. However, they do try to give complimentary suite upgrades where possible.
That is typically a VERY busy weekend in Central FL.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:33 pm

Thanks for the update =) I ended up Hyatt Place hopping. I figured I would only be in the room to shower and sleep so decided HP was the place to go.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
That is typically a VERY busy weekend in Central FL.
I never told the person what dates I was looking at. However, yes everything in town is expensive that weekend. I was looking for the best way to either leverage points or loyalty status. I'm trying to re-up Diamond so any chance I can to stay at Hyatt, I'm taking that! Luckily, I can get the Hyatt Place down the road on a decent corporate rate.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:57 am

Is it just me or does anyone notice that this hotel is booked up very quickly? To say that it's such a big hotel, I wouldn't expect it to already be sold out on random dates in June. (2 months away). I guess when it became a Hyatt, it became a star location. I thought that maybe all rooms were blocked for the future but there were some openings during other June dates. I ended up having to book the Hyatt Place down the street. (Convention at the Rosen Centre' but I wanted Hyatt points.)
Old Apr 23, 2016, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Is it just me or does anyone notice that this hotel is booked up very quickly? To say that it's such a big hotel, I wouldn't expect it to already be sold out on random dates in June. (2 months away). I guess when it became a Hyatt, it became a star location. I thought that maybe all rooms were blocked for the future but there were some openings during other June dates. I ended up having to book the Hyatt Place down the street. (Convention at the Rosen Centre' but I wanted Hyatt points.)
We have some pretty large conventions in Orlando.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:21 am

Yes I know esp with it across the street from the convention center but when it was a Peabody, it didn't seem like it booked up that often. Matter of fact, I often "saw" the hotel on opaque websites like Priceline or Hotwire. Not even the Rosens across the street are booked up that weekend like this hotel. I think a lot of it has to do with the Hyatt name.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I've seen/heard some Diamond guests have received discounted/waived resort fees and/or parking. We have a stay later this week- what is the current handling of these fees? Or is it YMMV?
Old May 27, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Peatisback
I've seen/heard some Diamond guests have received discounted/waived resort fees and/or parking. We have a stay later this week- what is the current handling of these fees? Or is it YMMV?
Did you end up getting any discounts during your stay?
Old May 27, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Did you end up getting any discounts during your stay?
Resort fee was waived, rather reluctantly. I had no success getting self parking waived.

We had a great stay at this property- Penthouse Suite was excellent, reminded me somewhat of an Aria Skysuite (better than a Presidential- the Penthouses are in the new tower, top few floors, Presidentials are in the old tower). The lounge was great- especially the evening staff who treated our then 10 month old really well. The only negatives- too few pool umbrellas, no New York Times as a standard paper (the bellmen were very nice and had it sent from the gift shop gratis on some of the days). We much preferred this over Grand Cypress where we stayed a few weeks earlier.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:13 am

I stayed here recently for 1 night. The computers were down so they had a long line hold up. I got in Platinum/Diamond line with only 1 person in line and it still took forever for someone to get to me. (I think the regular line actually went faster.) Everyone else in my line was just there to see if their rooms were ready. They were told to come back in 2 hours or so due to the system issues. In their defense though, it was only 3 pm at that time so technically they didn't have to have rooms ready.

Nonetheless, when I got the front of the line, they were able to go to the back and check rooms for me. It took a while though. Agent came back and said that they had upgraded me to a Club room on the 26th floor with a pool view, as expected. I mentioned that I was told that if they have availability that they will upgrade Diamonds to a suite. (Which is true if you check my post above.) He went back to the back and checked. He came back and said that they would do it for free since I waited so long. He mentioned that it was the Metropolitan Suite which is what Diamonds normally use their DSUs on. It was on the 15th floor though. I mean that's still high but it kind of stung a tiny tiny bit to lose the 26th floor but I would take a suite any day.

It was a decent room with separate living room and bedroom area and a balcony. Unfortunately, it didn't have the best view. It was decent though. Overlooked the convention center and the "other" pool. We could also see Epcot from our room.

Club evening spread was decent enough. They had free beer and wine selections which was nice. We slept through breakfast though so can't comment on that.

At check out, I asked if they waived the resort or parking fees for Diamonds. She said no and I didn't contest it. However, somehow they didn't add the parking fees so I will say I still came out ahead.

I would definitely go back again if I had the chance.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:53 am

So I kept checking this hotel for this coming weekend in June. Sold out, sold out. I checked on Monday and they had released a couple of suites. I checked last night (Tuesday) and all of a sudden that have rooms available in EVERY category...like really? Must have been some hell of a room block that they don't release until 3 days before. I guess a lot of people backed out prior to the 72 hour thing. Crazy though and they probably lost a lot of business for people that would have chosen to stay here.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:14 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
So I kept checking this hotel for this coming weekend in June. Sold out, sold out. I checked on Monday and they had released a couple of suites. I checked last night (Tuesday) and all of a sudden that have rooms available in EVERY category...like really? Must have been some hell of a room block that they don't release until 3 days before. I guess a lot of people backed out prior to the 72 hour thing. Crazy though and they probably lost a lot of business for people that would have chosen to stay here.
to be honest, I am surprised, that some hotels even offer a 6pm hold day of arrival without penalty. I'm really amazed, how well the hotels can predict no-shows and short notice cancellations so they can offer such generous conditions. Even 72 hours is pretty generous and customer friendly
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by a193991
to be honest, I am surprised, that some hotels even offer a 6pm hold day of arrival without penalty. I really wonder, how well the hotels can predict no-shows and short notice cancellations so they can offer such generous conditions. Even 72 hours is pretty generous and customer friendly
My guess is a cancelled group block, poor revenue management, simple oversight, or just movement in the market. There was a huge storm that could have freaked people out. Also the Orlando market is very fluid. A large number of bookings are made within 7 days of arrival.

I do revenue management for a couple independent hotels in the market and speak from experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.