Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 10:20 am

I am pretty sure it was tower 2.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by tinnub
I am pretty sure it was tower 2.
So unfortunate as that is the new tower. Thought they had more elevator than that. So by no upgrade, they put you on a low floor? Only real ug I know of here are suites. Maybe club floor, but not sure the rooms are any different.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 12:59 pm

is self parking no longer free for diamonds?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by anchor79
I'm curious about this as well, as I have a one night stay at this property on Friday.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Hyatt Orlando

Thanks to all for your input concerning any recent reports about free parking for Diamonds as well as half price on resort fees. Perhaps many of you don't check the actual property reviews and so haven't commented. However if you have any recent information regarding these two issues I/others would be very appreciative for your input. Happy travels and best of luck to all.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Which Hyatt in Orlando?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Which Hyatt in Orlando?
The former Peabody hotel. Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:23 am

It's called the Hyatt Regency Orlando on International Drive.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79
Originally Posted by derby44
Thanks to all for your input concerning any recent reports about free parking for Diamonds as well as half price on resort fees. Perhaps many of you don't check the actual property reviews and so haven't commented. However if you have any recent information regarding these two issues I/others would be very appreciative for your input. Happy travels and best of luck to all.
I had a quick one night stay at this property on Friday evening. I was charged the overnight parking fee of $16.00 + tax, but was not charged the $20 resort fee as a Diamond member. Overall my stay was pleasant.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:58 pm

Did a two nights stay over the labor day weekend. Some agent informed me that resort fee was not charged for diamonds but other agents said diamonds do get charged for resort fee. I was not charged at the time of check out. Upgraded to a nice corner suite facing the pool. Beautiful hotel and nice staffs except the concierge team are less friendly than I expected. Club lounge offering were average at best. No hot items except oatmeal in the morning. I actually liked the 24 hour diner on site and there are plenty dining options within walking distance (yes I walked there). Would definitely stay here again.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: True Blue Mosaic, Southwest companion pass, Hyatt gold passport Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Just stayed last night and was charged both the $20 resort fee and the $16 self parking fee as a Diamond. I asked the front desk and was told neither is waived for diamonds
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:37 am

Any update on the lounge offering here? Do they have bottled waters and sodas?

How is the gym?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Lounge is pretty solid. Open refrigerator with bottled water and sodas all the time. Espresso machine and decent food offerings for breakfast.

Gym is good, lots of equipment, but some could use some tune ups...my tread mill and stationary bike both malfunctioned when I was there.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Lounge is pretty solid. Open refrigerator with bottled water and sodas all the time. Espresso machine and decent food offerings for breakfast.

Gym is good, lots of equipment, but some could use some tune ups...my tread mill and stationary bike both malfunctioned when I was there.
Thanks for your help. By chance have you stayed at the nearby Hilton Orlando? How does this property compare?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Thanks for your help. By chance have you stayed at the nearby Hilton Orlando? How does this property compare?
Have stayed at each a couple of times...my preference is the Hyatt. Rooms are similar. Hilton is a bit newer and has a better gym. The lounge at the Hilton during conventions can literally have a line out the door...not the case at the Hyatt. Like the pool at the dining options better at the Hyatt as well.

Both are very similar and IMHO, very nice convention hotels. Huge, spacious, and very well kept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.