FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:13 am
cdancer20

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I stayed here recently for 1 night. The computers were down so they had a long line hold up. I got in Platinum/Diamond line with only 1 person in line and it still took forever for someone to get to me. (I think the regular line actually went faster.) Everyone else in my line was just there to see if their rooms were ready. They were told to come back in 2 hours or so due to the system issues. In their defense though, it was only 3 pm at that time so technically they didn't have to have rooms ready.

Nonetheless, when I got the front of the line, they were able to go to the back and check rooms for me. It took a while though. Agent came back and said that they had upgraded me to a Club room on the 26th floor with a pool view, as expected. I mentioned that I was told that if they have availability that they will upgrade Diamonds to a suite. (Which is true if you check my post above.) He went back to the back and checked. He came back and said that they would do it for free since I waited so long. He mentioned that it was the Metropolitan Suite which is what Diamonds normally use their DSUs on. It was on the 15th floor though. I mean that's still high but it kind of stung a tiny tiny bit to lose the 26th floor but I would take a suite any day.

It was a decent room with separate living room and bedroom area and a balcony. Unfortunately, it didn't have the best view. It was decent though. Overlooked the convention center and the "other" pool. We could also see Epcot from our room.

Club evening spread was decent enough. They had free beer and wine selections which was nice. We slept through breakfast though so can't comment on that.

At check out, I asked if they waived the resort or parking fees for Diamonds. She said no and I didn't contest it. However, somehow they didn't add the parking fees so I will say I still came out ahead.

I would definitely go back again if I had the chance.