Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Have stayed at each a couple of times...my preference is the Hyatt. Rooms are similar. Hilton is a bit newer and has a better gym. The lounge at the Hilton during conventions can literally have a line out the door...not the case at the Hyatt. Like the pool at the dining options better at the Hyatt as well.

Both are very similar and IMHO, very nice convention hotels. Huge, spacious, and very well kept.
Thank you very much this helps a lot. Appreciate it!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Thanks for your help. By chance have you stayed at the nearby Hilton Orlando? How does this property compare?
IMO, it's a wash. I've stayed at both several times.

The Hilton has a much better and much more extensive pool area. There's a small lazy river and a quiet area for adults. There are also fire pits at night. The hotel's selling point for me is the pool. The gym is also far, far nicer at the Hilton. I'm a gym fanatic, and workout twice a day six days a week. With that in mind, I am a harsh critic of hotel gyms. But the equipment at the Hilton is the same make/models as my luxury gym here in Chicago.

The HR's pool area is just okay. Where I think the HR wins by a hundred miles is the lounge. There are just too many people, especially children, at the Hilton lounge. If you go during busy periods, you will not only be left without seating but you will find yourself without food as well. I'm also annoyed that there's no option for soda/bottled water other than a gun behind that counter. It wasn't always that way. Bottled water can only be had by asking at the Hilton, and it's fairly obvious the staff gets annoyed when you ask. I also see, every single time I visit, several people sans shoes in the lounge. Not okay and the staff should say something.

I think it really depends why you're in Orlando. If you're with children, the Hilton is a better option. It's overall just better suited for families. If you're going to a convention, I'd choose the Hyatt every single time.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
IMO, it's a wash. I've stayed at both several times.

The Hilton has a much better and much more extensive pool area. There's a small lazy river and a quiet area for adults. There are also fire pits at night. The hotel's selling point for me is the pool. The gym is also far, far nicer at the Hilton. I'm a gym fanatic, and workout twice a day six days a week. With that in mind, I am a harsh critic of hotel gyms. But the equipment at the Hilton is the same make/models as my luxury gym here in Chicago.

The HR's pool area is just okay. Where I think the HR wins by a hundred miles is the lounge. There are just too many people, especially children, at the Hilton lounge. If you go during busy periods, you will not only be left without seating but you will find yourself without food as well. I'm also annoyed that there's no option for soda/bottled water other than a gun behind that counter. It wasn't always that way. Bottled water can only be had by asking at the Hilton, and it's fairly obvious the staff gets annoyed when you ask. I also see, every single time I visit, several people sans shoes in the lounge. Not okay and the staff should say something.

I think it really depends why you're in Orlando. If you're with children, the Hilton is a better option. It's overall just better suited for families. If you're going to a convention, I'd choose the Hyatt every single time.
Thank you so much. I am taking my son who is competing at a major sporting event in the area. We are both gym fanatics as well. What are the main issues with the hyatt gym?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:25 am

Sorry one more question.... Do they still comp parking for diamonds? That would swing me to the Hyatt completely.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I had a similarly effortless stay here in November, my first stay post-Peabody (miss the duck-shaped butter at lunch!) Nice addition to the Hyatt portfolio.

Status was properly recognized at check-in and was given a very large premium suite on top floor of the tower with the Regency Club. It's a Vegas-size property, so it's amazing that service is actually fairly good.

Originally Posted by AttorneyVin
Had another amazing stay at this property ... excellent Diamond recognition!

I posted a very long review with photos on TripAdvisor.

I would highly recommend the private Cabana rentals!!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by sensei
I had a similarly effortless stay here in November, my first stay post-Peabody (miss the duck-shaped butter at lunch!) Nice addition to the Hyatt portfolio.

Status was properly recognized at check-in and was given a very large premium suite on top floor of the tower with the Regency Club. It's a Vegas-size property, so it's amazing that service is actually fairly good.
Did they waive resort charges for you as a diamond?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I was staying here for a meeting and the resort fees were waived for everyone. Will report back next time.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:43 am

When I was last there in October, neither resort fees nor parking were waived. I am Diamond. Resort fees and parking fees, as you know, substantially add to the price of what can be a really cheap room otherwise.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
When I was last there in October, neither resort fees nor parking were waived. I am Diamond. Resort fees and parking fees, as you know, substantially add to the price of what can be a really cheap room otherwise.
Agreed i have a BRG approved but debating whether to just use an award stay...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:45 pm

Just arrived and am very pleased. Was upgraded to a metropolitan suite on an award stay. Also as diamond you get 20% off dining (ex alcohol). Will post more once I complete my stay. Thanks to all for your help.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:29 pm

Just checked out. Probably one of the nicest clubs in north america. Their evening spread was incredible with at least two hot items that rotated throughout the week and also some great cold apps (ahi tuna one night and shrimp another night). Last night they had mini beef wellingtons.

Breakfast was also good with a rotating hot dish everyday.

There were some housekeeping issues
...but oh well I got upgraded to a suite so that helped appease me.

Use uber getting to the airport it cost me 15.50. Unfortunately you can't use uber from the airport and the taxi ride from the airport cost me 45.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Does anyone know the differences between the Penthouse and Presidential suites? Any pros/cons to one room type versus the other?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:36 pm

Any diamonds with a recent stay and can report back if parking and the resort fee were charged or waived? From what I gather, it looks like neither is waived/discounted for diamonds. I am looking at this hotel for an upcoming stay. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Just finished a 4 night stay.

Overall: excellent. Got the exact room I wanted. Club breakfast was excellent, afternoon snacks (trail mix, nuts, chocolate chips) okay, evening refreshments excellent, crowded at 6pm, empty at 9pm. Spacious bathroom with a TV imbedded in the bathroom mirror ^. Don’t use Mears shuttle (from/to airport) unless you like wasting time.

Originally Posted by bsdstone
… Gym is good, lots of equipment, but some could use some tune ups...my tread mill and stationary bike both malfunctioned when I was there.
My gym experience was very different. The gym here is outstanding. The website photo does not do it justice. The website photo is a 360 rotating view of ONE room (cardio room) of the gym. Photos of the other 3 or 4 rooms are not on the website. The cardio room has dozens of treadmills and bicycle (upright and recumbent) and elliptical and rowing machines, all with working TVs. Another room has free weights and 2 dozen weight lifting stations. Another room has 15 spinning bicycles. 2 other large open rooms for whatever exercise one might desire. All rooms with several large screens TVs on the walls. The fitness center at this hotel is wonderful, it’s clean with equipment in great shape and easily better than 98% of hotel gyms and better than many expensive private health clubs. I cannot imagine anyone not being able to comfortably do their desired work out at this fitness center. (Of course when I was in the gym at 7 or 8 or 9pm each night it was empty!)

Originally Posted by ang2383
Any diamonds with a recent stay and can report back if parking and the resort fee were charged or waived? ...
Not sure of official policy but when I checked out, I innocently said “I thought the resort fee was waived or reduced for Diamond level members”. The response, with a smile, was “I can remove that for you”.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Does anyone know that the hours are for the Regency Club evening reception?

thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.