Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Orlando REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:27 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I do revenue management for a couple independent hotels in the market and speak from experience.
know this very well, too - 28 years in the Airline business and revenue management is a challenging area
Old Jun 8, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by a193991
know this very well, too - 28 years in the Airline business and revenue management is a challenging area
Totally agree.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I stayed here a second time last month. At checkin, as a Diamond, I was upgraded for free to a club room. I again asked about a free room upgrade. I specifically stated that I wanted one only if it had 2 beds as I was traveling with a friend. I ended up with a Regency Suite on the top floor. AMAZING views! But I didn't realize that my roommate was afraid of heights. She just stayed away from the windows LOL. Unfortunately the room was actually just one big room with a king bed and pull-out sofa. If I would have known that, I would have stayed in the club room. However, my roommate and I, as two women, shared the king bed with no issues.

I also should note that it's pretty scary as I had gone out that night with my roommate and the group that we were there with for a convention. We went downtown and ended up staying out late. Well we were all about 1.5 miles away from Club Pulse where the shooting happened!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Another update - I'm now 3 for 3 on receiving complimentary suite upgrades at this property. Every time I've been given a club room and then requested a suite. Never had to beg or anything. This time I was giving the choice between a Hospitality Suite on the 27th floor or an Executive Suite on the 17th floor. The agent suggested the Hospitality as it's a little bigger. And it was smaller than my last suite but still a big room with sofa area, desk, and dining room table. However, the bed was a queen size murphy bed. It was fine for the 2 days that we were there, but I wouldn't necessarily do it again.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Question

Can anyone tell me what an uber ride from Hyatt Regency Orlando to Tampa Airport might be? I have looked it up on Uber and it states 60USD approx. I'm not convinced as door-to-door shuttle will cost 160-200 USD! I have a 9:45 AM flight out of Tampa to Dallas(nothing out of Orlando that day using FF points) so figuring I need an hour if I leave 6.30-7AM?

Thanks for any help here.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Can anyone tell me what an uber ride from Hyatt Regency Orlando to Tampa Airport might be? I have looked it up on Uber and it states 60USD approx. I'm not convinced as door-to-door shuttle will cost 160-200 USD! I have a 9:45 AM flight out of Tampa to Dallas(nothing out of Orlando that day using FF points) so figuring I need an hour if I leave 6.30-7AM?

Thanks for any help here.
The problem with the Uber quote is that the driver needs to return back to Orlando and will have to find a paying customer to make it worth his while. The Uber drivers I've talked to said they will take 1-way fare but ask the passenger to pay extra to cover the cost of the return trip, which Uber's system does not account for.

So if you do get a quote of $60 on Uber, highly likely the driver will ask you to pay an additional $60 or something like that.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
$60 seems like a rather generous fare given the distance involved. I've taken Uber to/from this hotel in the past and not once have I been asked to pay anything in addition to the Uber quote. Not sure what your information is based on, but if an Uber driver were to ask for additional payment I am sure that would result in disciplinary action from Uber if reported.

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
The problem with the Uber quote is that the driver needs to return back to Orlando and will have to find a paying customer to make it worth his while. The Uber drivers I've talked to said they will take 1-way fare but ask the passenger to pay extra to cover the cost of the return trip, which Uber's system does not account for.

So if you do get a quote of $60 on Uber, highly likely the driver will ask you to pay an additional $60 or something like that.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by sensei
$60 seems like a rather generous fare given the distance involved. I've taken Uber to/from this hotel in the past and not once have I been asked to pay anything in addition to the Uber quote. Not sure what your information is based on, but if an Uber driver were to ask for additional payment I am sure that would result in disciplinary action from Uber if reported.
Thanks for info. Sensei, did you by chance use Uber locally or to/from Tampa Airport?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sensei
My info is based on riding with an Uber driver in Madison who said he drove a passenger to Chicago and he said he would never do it again because he couldn't find a return passenger. So he told me the only way he would ever do it is to ask for additional fare to account for the empty return trip as Uber's system does not account for this. So yes, its against Uber policy but what he was saying is it was not profitable to make a long drive 1-way passenger trip
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:19 pm

Any recent stays? Trying to decide between this or the Grand Cypress.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Here now. I purchased a club room. Tower 2, 25th floor. Lounge is on 26. Breakfast was OK. Opens at 6:30. I'm a Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier guy and I think this is only the 2nd time I've stayed at Hyatt. Marriott is pissing me off. Room is OK. The desk chair is stained and I have to put a towel over it, because I don't want to touch it directly. No small wash cloths which made it uncomfortable to shave this morning. Minibar is cold. AC is cold. Hot water is hot. Cold water is warm...this is Florida. Bathroom lighting is fair. Elevator is great. Staff is great.

After housekeeping service today, I now have wash cloths, but a few hairs were left on the floor. Housekeeping was after 2 PM.

Lounge at 5PM is better than average (comparing to domestic Marriott). Chicken satay & vegetable samosas along with lots of cold dishes. Free bottled beer & wine. In addition to cheap beer, they have Sam Adams Octoberfest & Funky Buddha IPA. 5-7 PM. Very few people in lounge from 5-7 PM.

Self parking garage is not too far away from lobby...maybe 2-3 minutes walk.

Owner (Tony) is in the lounge now. Seems like a very nice European or Middle Eastern gentleman. Obviously very wealthy, but still down to earth. His primary residence is in Kissimmee. Bruce is GM of airport (Orlando) Hyatt. I don't know why I typed that, but its what I just heard him say. Heard him say quite a bit of other personal information that I won't repeat here.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Aug 13, 2019 at 1:40 pm
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any recent stay feedback?

I am a Hyatt Globalist, considering staying here next month for a few days at Disney, looking at this or the Walforf Astoria both on points.

Is this property still generous on Comp Globalist Suite upgrades?

Is the lounge spread still decent with comp Beer and wine?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
I am a Hyatt Globalist, considering staying here next month for a few days at Disney, looking at this or the Walforf Astoria both on points.

Is this property still generous on Comp Globalist Suite upgrades?

Is the lounge spread still decent with comp Beer and wine?
Just FYI...

Iíve never stayed there but it strikes me as a business/ convention hotel thatís closer to Universal than Disney whereas the HR Grand Cypress (where Iíve stayed many times) is much closer to Disney and much more of a laid back resort. Booz has been free in the lounge at Grand Cypress in my experience (although that could change at any time) and upgrades are plentiful if they have rooms (itís also a very easy TSU and the suites are nice). Pool is among the best and thereís a zippy slide.

If the point is to visit Disney then Cypress is the better option IMHO...

Maui4me1 and PortlySpartacus like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by lighthouse206

Just FYI...

Iíve never stayed there but it strikes me as a business/ convention hotel thatís closer to Universal than Disney whereas the HR Grand Cypress (where Iíve stayed many times) is much closer to Disney and much more of a laid back resort. Booz has been free in the lounge at Grand Cypress in my experience (although that could change at any time) and upgrades are plentiful if they have rooms (itís also a very easy TSU and the suites are nice). Pool is among the best and thereís a zippy slide.

If the point is to visit Disney then Cypress is the better option IMHO...
I second this! I am not sure about the lounges at Hyatt Grand Cypress, but it is much more suited for a Disney vacation. You would have to deal with a lot of traffic getting there from the Hyatt Regency.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Any recent stays here? Looks like a few years ago Explorist were being pre-upgraded to Club rooms. Is that still happening?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.