Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by 747
Can you park for free at the shopping village or golf club and use the shuttle service to go to your car as needed ?
Parking overnight at the shopping mall is a guarantee tow, I was told by the security company in charge of the lots at night. I don't know where the golf club is.

But, the shuttle can be used to go between parking spot and hotel, if one wished, and one parked in Wailea (or whatever the limits of the car service are), including parking in the many free street parking area spots along side the Fairmont,

...although IMO the "Kihei Option" is much easier than any that.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:29 am
formerly ffactoryxx

Originally Posted by asher13
Yes we had them drive us / pick us up one night for dinner. Not sure if there are specific times it operates but we didn't have to wait more than 3-5 minutes on either end (they have multiple Escalades they use at the shuttles). They give you a card with the hotel's number to call when you are ready to be picked up.

Thats awesome. Whom should we contact regarding this when we get down there next month?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
Thats awesome. Whom should we contact regarding this when we get down there next month?
We just walked outside and told the valet attendants where we wanted to go and one of them just hopped into the shuttle and drove us over.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:51 pm
formerly ffactoryxx

We just walked outside and told the valet attendants where we wanted to go and one of them just hopped into the shuttle and drove us over.
Cool. Is it a short bus or actual SUV?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx
Cool. Is it a short bus or actual SUV?
SUV - Cadillac Escalade
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:52 am
formerly ffactoryxx

SUV - Cadillac Escalade
Pimpin
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:30 am

Have you guys been tipping both ways when using the shuttle? Say drop off at the Shops at Wailea and then pick up to go back to the hotel. Or have you been tipping only during drop off back at the hotel? How much are you guys tipping?

I'm here right now and I plan to use the shuttle later this week to give it a try. It's been really windy these past few days so there haven't been that many people in the pool.

Have any of you tried the nearby luaus in Wailea?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ang2383
Have you guys been tipping both ways when using the shuttle? Say drop off at the Shops at Wailea and then pick up to go back to the hotel. Or have you been tipping only during drop off back at the hotel? How much are you guys tipping?

I'm here right now and I plan to use the shuttle later this week to give it a try. It's been really windy these past few days so there haven't been that many people in the pool.

Have any of you tried the nearby luaus in Wailea?

We tipped each way. Picked up by a different valet guy each time. Tipped between $2 and $5 depending on what bills we had to hand.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by catsassy
We tipped each way. Picked up by a different valet guy each time. Tipped between $2 and $5 depending on what bills we had to hand.
Argh the eternal British problem- what to tip.. I heard it is now an insult to tip less than 20% in a restaurant california and hawaii- is this true?

It would be good to know what a californian tips a good waiter, vs one that is pleasant enough but doesnt go out of their way? i find this quite confusing
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
.. and then you go to japan and its an insult to tip at all!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 11:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And guess what most prefer....
Old Sep 24, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy LT Plat Elite, BA Gold
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
Argh the eternal British problem- what to tip.. I heard it is now an insult to tip less than 20% in a restaurant california and hawaii- is this true?

It would be good to know what a californian tips a good waiter, vs one that is pleasant enough but doesnt go out of their way? i find this quite confusing
We're British but live in the US.
20% is about right (and round up the pennies). It will still be cheaper than getting a similar meal in London!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
20% in restaurant easy to calculate.

What I hate is service included, but there is a line for gratuity at places like the French Laundry.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by catsassy
Thanks! I used shuttle and it worked out well! I wish it went into Kihei too since there are more food options there. I saw both the Lincoln Navigator as well as the Escalade.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm sure the answer is yes, but I thought I would ask anyway... Can the shuttle be arranged to pickup/dropoff at the Airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.