Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by suite2suite
I wasn't aware that a Property, especially one located in the US., can elect not to participate in the C+P offer.
P+C was and is at the discrection of the hotel. Nothing like the guaranteed availability for points when a basic room is available.

Availability for most properties is still there but it seems to be on the decline. With no MER this will make staying next year more expensive....
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Junkie / Hyatt Diamond (fine, Globalist)
Honeymoon Stay Review

Stayed at the Andaz Maui for my honeymoon early October for 9 nights. Overall it was a good experience. Fortunately I was able to us P+C with two DSUs. After contacting the GM earlier in the year, upon arrival we were upgraded to an Andaz suite with a full ocean view at the end of the wing closest to the ocean. Room 340. Outside the room's door you could hear the crash of the waves from The open air hallway. It was very relaxing. I enjoyed the food on property, both dinners at Morimoto and Ka'ana Kitchen. Upside all meals were delicious, downside a bit pricey. But that was to be expected.

Only had a few mix ups with the stay. Diamond arrival amenity took a couple days to deliver. This was most likely due to confusion when I asked for fresh fruit instead of the nuts or cookies. With a peanut allergy both most likely would not be an option. Can't complain too much there was a bottle of sparkling wine in our room upon arrival compliments of the hotel along with the aforementioned cookies.

Second mix up was upon check out the eligible spend for GP points was around $2000. With total spending around $3400, I felt like there had been a mistake made. Didn't notice it was so low until after back on the mainland. Still trying to get the hotel and GP to check on that total. I know taxes and other things might be taken out but it seems a bit extreme given the circumstances. I know something is aloof because GP said the amount I paid with a gift card would not be eligible for points. However it was a hyatt registry gift card and the registry FAQs explicitly state that one can earn point when using a hyatt gift card.

Overall loved the beach, and the beautiful setting sun everyday. Staff was overall pretty good. Also really enjoyed the level of technology in the rooms with the iPad and the electronic blinds. I will also agree with others that the chairs on the balcony are horrendous in terms of comfort.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA Junkie / Hyatt Diamond (fine, Globalist)
Also forgot to mention that the laundry room was nice if you know how to find it. Three washer/dryer sets for free with free detergent.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Hi guys, has anyone compared the Andaz Wailea to the "Hotel Wailea" recently renovated and its won all sorts of awards. Im just planning my hawaii trip for 2015... I know the Andaz is beyond the Marriott, but not sure location of "hotel wailea"
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:23 pm

Breakfast options for some who eats small breakfast

My husband and I will be at the Andaz for 4 nights in mid-Dec. We are Platinum courtesy of Chase CC and I didn't do a Diamond challenge, so no free breakfast.

Neither of us eats much for breakfast. For me it's yogurt, a piece or cup of fruit, 3 cups of coffee. For him, it's a bowl of low-sugar cereal and milk, 1.5 cups coffee. So, what are possible options for breakfast that won't run up a $60 bill? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by themice
My husband and I will be at the Andaz for 4 nights in mid-Dec. We are Platinum courtesy of Chase CC and I didn't do a Diamond challenge, so no free breakfast.

Neither of us eats much for breakfast. For me it's yogurt, a piece or cup of fruit, 3 cups of coffee. For him, it's a bowl of low-sugar cereal and milk, 1.5 cups coffee. So, what are possible options for breakfast that won't run up a $60 bill? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Go to the Safeway and buy yogurt, fruit, milk and cereal. Keep perishables in your fridge. Eat in room, patio or lanai. Save a ton of money.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway
Go to the Safeway and buy yogurt, fruit, milk and cereal. Keep perishables in your fridge. Eat in room, patio or lanai. Save a ton of money.
THANK YOU!!! Google mapped it. Guess we can buy coffee in their Market ?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

Just budget an extra couple hundred dollars for the trip. How many times are you going to be in Wailea?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:09 pm

THANK YOU!!! Google mapped it. Guess we can buy coffee in their Market ?
The rooms have coffee makers. Ask housekeeping for extra packets. It shouldn't cost extra. Or take the Starbucks dried coffee and use the hot water from the coffee maker to reconstitute it.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Just budget an extra couple hundred dollars for the trip. How many times are you going to be in Wailea?
Agreed. ^
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:18 pm

It's not about being "cheap", but seriously, $60 for a yogurt, cereal, piece of fruit and some coffee is even a bit much for me and I live in one of the most expensive places in the USA - Westchester County, NY.

I know I can do breakfast in room - but would prefer a café. Since we'll be going out and about, perhaps there are other off-hotel options?

We will be spending plenty of money while in Hawaii (helicopter, etc). BTW, been to Hawaii once before.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not about being "cheap", but seriously, $60 for a yogurt, cereal, piece of fruit and some coffee is even a bit much for me and I live in one of the most expensive places in the USA - Westchester County, NY.
Where are you getting that $60 dollar figure from? You can pick up lots of light, tasty things at the 24 hour Andaz shop for far less than $60.

Regardless of your normal tendancies, you owe it to yourself to experience the Pantry restaurant breakfast at least once. It is that good.

PS There is free fruit in the lobby each morning.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:05 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Where are you getting that $60 dollar figure from? You can pick up lots of light, tasty things at the 24 hour Andaz shop for far less than $60.

Regardless of your normal tendancies, you owe it to yourself to experience the Pantry restaurant breakfast at least once. It is that good.

PS There is free fruit in the lobby each morning.
The $60 is approximately the $27 Pantry breakfast x 2 + tax/tip.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peteropny
The $60 is approximately the $27 Pantry breakfast x 2 + tax/tip.
Yes, but that is not the only eating option available. If you only want yogurt and fruit, you do not need to spend $60 on the premises to do so.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 7:33 pm

OK, now this is good to know.

As for the $60, I saw the breakfast menu lists " Grilled Fruit and Yogurt coconut granola $18 " so add in coffee, tax and tip, and it would be about $28 or so per person. I know that waffles, eggs or similar are only a few dollars more, so perhaps a better "value," but not if you don't eat those for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.