Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2020, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I fear that this is just going to make the place even harder to book, whenever the time comes for that again.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by josephstern
I fear that this is just going to make the place even harder to book, whenever the time comes for that again.
Because that TV show is watched by so many, especially among the ones that have enough money to book a stay?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Because that TV show is watched by so many, especially among the ones that have enough money to book a stay?
I'm a conservative spender. I'm older, and while I could have afforded it occasionally, I wouldn't have paid for this place when I was 30.

But whenever I'm there, there are mostly 20s-30s there for honeymoons, babymoons, weddings, or trips they've been saving up for. It's an aspirational place, and now it will be even more so. I just hope we don't end up with all of the peeps who think it's OK to play their own music by the pool on their bluetooth speaker.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm a conservative spender. I'm older, and while I could have afforded it occasionally, I wouldn't have paid for this place when I was 30.

But whenever I'm there, there are mostly 20s-30s there for honeymoons, babymoons, weddings, or trips they've been saving up for. It's an aspirational place, and now it will be even more so. I just hope we don't end up with all of the peeps who think it's OK to play their own music by the pool on their bluetooth speaker.
I'm in my 50s, and I still won't pay these kind of nightly prices (or meals) for vacation - so I hear you. (luckily I, in normal times, earn Hyatt points to use here, and I love going off property in Maui so finding meal options is easy)
I might guess personal non-headphone music isn't even allowed, and a discreet "heads up" to a staff person would work? I don't know, I don't spend any time pool-side (I'm in the ocean or hitting up the island all day).

I'd be with you in fear, more with regard to the trailer park aspect (I mean, that is a trailer park TV no?) it might draw, as opposed to the numbers
Old Aug 30, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Andaz Maui is not taking reservations until October 25th, they say due to Covid, Certainly September is off due to travel restrictions. They canceled my reservation around October 15th. Maybe it is because the rented the entire property to the production crew.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
No award availability

I looked online today and there was no availability for award bookings for January. I called to confirm this and even though the agent checked day by day, there was no availability for any award bookings through March. There is plenty of cash availability. Anyone have insight on this situation?
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
I looked online today and there was no availability for award bookings for January. I called to confirm this and even though the agent checked day by day, there was no availability for any award bookings through March. There is plenty of cash availability. Anyone have insight on this situation?
You need to search in 3-night block. For example 3/5-8 or 1/15-18. Then you can drop a night or two later. Concierge can also combine multiple blocks and drop single night, for example (2) 3-night block and drop 1 to make 5-night booking. This property is playing games with availability.
Goodmorning2U, ryandc99 and nirc like this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
You need to search in 3-night block. For example 3/5-8 or 1/15-18. Then you can drop a night or two later. Concierge can also combine multiple blocks and drop single night, for example (2) 3-night block and drop 1 to make 5-night booking. This property is playing games with availability.
Thank you very much. That is not a good game to play with guests.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: Chase
It works! Thanks.

Thanks. Maybe now will visit Maui afterall.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
this trick was working well until yesterday. I was looking at some dates in Nov and Dec and found quite a few 3 night combos but now it’s all gone can’t find anything for months . The games continue ....
Old Oct 28, 2020, 1:53 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
this trick was working well until yesterday. I was looking at some dates in Nov and Dec and found quite a few 3 night combos but now it’s all gone can’t find anything for months . The games continue ....
Did you try a different number of nights ? While 3 is common, it can be as many as 10 nights.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS 100K
just noticed this too. I hope it's just a temp glitch
Old Oct 28, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by skj
Did you try a different number of nights ? While 3 is common, it can be as many as 10 nights.
tried one all the way up to 6
Will keep going up to 10!
Question thou , what if you don’t have enough points let’s say for the 10 nights , call to ask them to book say 3?
Old Oct 28, 2020, 5:17 pm

tried one all the way up to 6
Will keep going up to 10!
Question thou , what if you don’t have enough points let’s say for the 10 nights , call to ask them to book say 3?
If you're globalist they can let you borrow the points to book. Then you can call back to shorten the reservation. Not sure how much is the maximum they can let you "borrow". But the agent can't override the property's 10-night limit to book just 3-night reservation.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: AS 100K
... But the agent can't override the property's 10-night limit to book just 3-night reservation.
it seems they have an 8 night min for awards...so you're saying that booking an 8 night reservation then asking agent to drop it down to 3 will not be possible?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.