Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
it seems they have an 8 night min for awards...so you're saying that booking an 8 night reservation then asking agent to drop it down to 3 will not be possible?
It’s definitely possible, I had my concierge search 10 nights and reduce my award booking to 6 nights last week. Will be visiting in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed that they upgrade us into a suite
Old Nov 7, 2020, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
it seems they have an 8 night min for awards...so you're saying that booking an 8 night reservation then asking agent to drop it down to 3 will not be possible?
If you don't have enough Hyatt points in your account for 8 nights, then it's only possible if you're a Globalist.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Staying at the property now. It's a totally different (Diamond) experience.

Very less crowded
Half the chairs around the pool, sunset watching chairs on grass are removed, half the chairs and staff gone from beach
Towels are no longer easy to obtain, no stacks of them where they used to be (on each level)
No water or sun lotion dispensers on each level
Lower pool bar is closed

Breakfast buffet obviously closed, menu is missing most of the items typically at buffet... of course, much can be customized, but many ingredients/items are just missing

On menu:
-Eggs, eggs benefict
-Pancake, mochi waffle
-Fruits
-Oatmeal
-Potatos
-Noodles
Missing:
-Lox, bagel
-Fresh juices
-Some fruits
-Sweets

Same great staff (other than some friends missing of course)
Old Nov 7, 2020, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Staying at the property now. It's a totally different (Diamond) experience.

Very less crowded
Half the chairs around the pool, sunset watching chairs on grass are removed, half the chairs and staff gone from beach
Towels are no longer easy to obtain, no stacks of them where they used to be (on each level)
No water or sun lotion dispensers on each level
Lower pool bar is closed

Breakfast buffet obviously closed, menu is missing most of the items typically at buffet... of course, much can be customized, but many ingredients/items are just missing

On menu:
-Eggs, eggs benefict
-Pancake, mochi waffle
-Fruits
-Oatmeal
-Potatos
-Noodles
Missing:
-Lox, bagel
-Fresh juices
-Some fruits
-Sweets

Same great staff (other than some friends missing of course)
After staying there pre-covid a few times iam sort of mixed about booking a trip in a few weeks at the Andaz . Obviously at $700 night or 30k it’s quite expensive and sounds like many of the usual things are not there (totally understandable and not complaining on that )
The Sheraton while not as luxurious can be had for $249 or 50k night and most the time I plan to be outside the resort so def leaning that way...
Old Nov 8, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Pretty funny that they shut down the buffet (not a well-documented source of COVID) but let you eat adjacent to strangers without masks on (a well-documented source of COVID). What a world we live in!
Old Nov 8, 2020, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by stvr
Pretty funny that they shut down the buffet (not a well-documented source of COVID) but let you eat adjacent to strangers without masks on (a well-documented source of COVID). What a world we live in!
Consensus is that airborne spread is greatly limited to six feet or less, and lots of tables are removed so remaining ones are distanced. (but don't get me started on hypocrisies of Covid behavior, I live at a ski resort that was shut down because, ah, everyone wearing face covering and gloves and spread out over square miles of mountain wilderness is unsafe??)

Also not sure why they have the upper bar full of customers (not spaced out) in the evening, but won't operate any of the TVs (yesterday was a football day).
Old Nov 8, 2020, 10:31 pm

Mochi pass outs is back at the pool
Old Nov 8, 2020, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Mochi!!!!!
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
If you're globalist they can let you borrow the points to book. Then you can call back to shorten the reservation. Not sure how much is the maximum they can let you "borrow". But the agent can't override the property's 10-night limit to book just 3-night reservation.
New to Hyatt reservations. So my understanding based on your comment is that you have to transfer enough points for whatever block of nights they allow for award redemptions (6 or 10 nights?), in order to book the actual number of nights you want? (2 nights, in my case).

I have no points in my Hyatt account at the moment and am loathe to transfer, say, 300k points from my UR stash just so I can get two nights at the Andaz. Is there any way around this?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by pennystinkard
New to Hyatt reservations. So my understanding based on your comment is that you have to transfer enough points for whatever block of nights they allow for award redemptions (6 or 10 nights?), in order to book the actual number of nights you want? (2 nights, in my case).

I have no points in my Hyatt account at the moment and am loathe to transfer, say, 300k points from my UR stash just so I can get two nights at the Andaz. Is there any way around this?
Unfortunately not unless you're a globalist.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spgplat21
Unfortunately not unless you're a globalist.
Is there a limit to the amount you can "borrow" as globalist?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 3:45 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think there is, but I've never reached it. The most I've ever borrowed was 210,000 for a 7-night stay, where I wanted to confirm the booking and suite upgrade prior to transferring Chase points.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I borrowed 300k for a 10 night stay this year.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
I borrowed 300k for a 10 night stay this year.
I've also borrowed 300k for a 10-night stay here and then cut it down to 7 via my Concierge.

Keep in mind you can't apply a Confirmed Suite Upgrade until you actually have the full points in your account for however many nights you are staying & upgrading.
Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
I was able to borrow points to book a 10 night stay then will reduce down to 3 or 4 nights
a bit worried thou about the 21 day cancel policy in effect in early January since there are so many unknowns with travel these days and getting your Covid results back in time etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.