Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 6:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Kacee
Thanks for the clarification!

This should absolutely be the model for corporate participation on FT. A great way to build real loyalty. And minimize that sense of "us" vs. "them" that now characterize so many loyalty programs.

And thanks also to peteropny and 777 global mile hound for their invaluable contributions here.
We greatly appreciate the very kind words Kacee and your personal support of Flyertalk and the Hyatt Gold Passport community ^
Old May 9, 2015, 8:29 pm

I've seen the confirmation that the resort fee will not be applied to award stays. What about points+cash?
Old May 9, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chachang25
I've seen the confirmation that the resort fee will not be applied to award stays. What about points+cash?
Points + Cash is a point-supplemented paid rate, not an "award stay".
Old May 9, 2015, 8:41 pm

A definite yes to resort fee on that one
But not if booked before the announcement or stay is taken before the start date of the fee
Old May 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
A definite yes to resort fee on that one
But not if booked before the announcement or stay is taken before the start date of the fee
So the people that book an award stay will be able to partake in all of the activities covered under the fee, but those that book a paid stay before the compulsory resort fee rule takes affect will have to either pay the fee or pay for the activities individually?
Old May 9, 2015, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
So the people that book an award stay will be able to partake in all of the activities covered under the fee, but those that book a paid stay before the compulsory resort fee rule takes affect will have to either pay the fee or pay for the activities individually?
To my understanding yes
Its always worked that way with the waived resort fees at other Hyatt properties over the years when booked on award
Old May 10, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by hailstorm
After Resort Fee takes effect, other than for those with reservations made prior to announcement, it would seem that there would be no need for "individual activity" charges, if activity is listed under Resort Fee amenities.
For those taking advantage of listed activities, if in fact all activities are included at no additional charge, this is a good deal, as far as Resort Fees goes.
What remains to be seen: Are all the listed activities, such as bikes, boogie boards, kayaks, snorkel equipment, etc free, or are they only being made available for an additional rental charge? Why are they listed as "rentals"?
I guess we will have to wait until June to find out.

Last edited by BOSOGG; May 12, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Old May 12, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
i am going to assume that the resort fee is prorated for p&c 50/50... similar to how they do it for other Hyatts that have a resort fee
Old May 24, 2015, 6:52 am

Parking Situation

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
Re: The parking. ...I believe they take inventory at night.
Anyone know whether they take inventory at night? Thanks
Old May 24, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
i am going to assume that the resort fee is prorated for p&c 50/50... similar to how they do it for other Hyatts that have a resort fee
With Hyatt it's either charged or not. Diamonds sometimes get a discount, but it's not prorated.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by TKKY
Anyone know whether they take inventory at night? Thanks
Yes, you can use valet for free (minus tip) during the day and if it stays over night that is when they take inventory to charge. There are a few places you can park and walk back to the hotel for free (~10-13 mins).
Old May 24, 2015, 12:08 pm

Does the Andaz Maui offer rooms using Hyatt Gold Passport points? Every date I try says rate not available?
Old May 24, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Alexi102000
Hello, I'm staying in mid May using award nights. I had a few questions if someone has time:

1) Does anyone know if I will be charged a $40 resort fee?
2) Are there any cheapish places we can eat nearby?
3) What's the cheapest way to get to the hotel from OGG? I'm also considering getting a car, but the $30 a day really seems to kill it.
4) Any recommended activities?

Thank you!
Maui and cheap. Wrong place to visit...
Old May 24, 2015, 10:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
Tens of thousands of Hawaiians manage to live on Maui without spending excessive sums on resort meals. There are absolutely bargains to be had.

Although if you stay at a pricey resort like the Andaz, it's difficult to avoid getting gouged.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
So not true. If one has a car (and Maui is an island that begs to be checked out) there are so many cheap local places to eat.

In fact, Maui is a very cheap vacation (say compared to NYC, Disney, skiing...) if one does VRBO, discount car rental, Costco, local restaurants and shopping, and free day activities like beaches and shore snorkeling/diving and hiking.

And, back to the Andaz, if one uses points (not C&P) and local restaurants, it can be a very cheap trip (compared to skiing, big city trips, Disney, etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.