Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Your biggest problem is going to be the 8-10 night minimum stay to find the award availability.

It’s not too difficult to find space if you’re able to work with that minimum stay requirement.
Thanks. And for that i would need to have the requisite points in my Hyatt account already, right?

Could I just find the available space, and call Hyatt and have them widdle down to the number of nights that I want, manually?

Do the other Hyatt properties on Maui have the same restrictions?
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pennystinkard
Thanks. And for that i would need to have the requisite points in my Hyatt account already, right?

Could I just find the available space, and call Hyatt and have them widdle down to the number of nights that I want, manually?

Do the other Hyatt properties on Maui have the same restrictions?
if you’re a globalist you can “borrow” points so you don’t need the full amount in your account when you book. Otherwise, yes you’d need to have the full amount, make the reservation and then reduce it to the number of nights you’d actually need / want.

I haven’t seen the same kind of minimum stay requirements at other Maui properties (but I tend to always look for 3 night stays).
Old Dec 18, 2020, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
At the Andaz for a few nights now. It's not as busy as it normally is this time of year. A number of smaller changes, i.e. room isn't cleaned every day (every 4th), no turn down service, and pool bar is closed. Did not get a suite upgrade, but upgraded to an ocean view room.

A couple of random thoughts - for some reason Globalist/returning guest wasn't as well-noted this year. Usually get a small gift basket, note from FBO, and some sort of wine/champagne. This time nothing + "have you been here before?" Some staff turnover but still quite a few old faces in the restaurants. Which brings us to breakfast - naturally the buffet is gone. They were able to work some of the old favorites into a (very) pared down list of order off the menu. Limited seating, but not a lot of folks on property so wait wasn't too long. Perhaps it's because it's fixed to order/fresh, I found the food to be of very good quality above and beyond the regular buffet. Globalists get the buffet credit ($49 per adult, $25 per child) towards breakfast.

That's about all I can think of. Happy to post pictures of menu/food if anyone is interested. Aloha all!
Nagasaki Joe likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
With regard to ordering off the new limited breakfast menu, I was fully satisfied that I could pretty much customize to get what I wanted. For example, the acai bowl I nearly replaced every "standard" topping with how I wanted it. Or, the eggs beny on greens I turned into seared salmon with greens (no fake butter spray) and sweet potatoes only few days that had the purple local ones.

Now, maybe it's because I'm a Diamond, or I've visited the property every year since it opened (less one) and all that restaurant staff knows me (most are there since the opening), or maybe it's just great treatment for all.

Thus,and as someone who just doesn't like eggs, I found the new menu way of breakfast to be much better food and tasting than the mostly pork and eggs and (although super tasty) empty carbs buffet (which I did eat daily).
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can one of you guys post a pic of the menu?

I used to hit that fruit area pretty hard at least twice. Think I'd be able to order a full plate of pineapple and papaya?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Can one of you guys post a pic of the menu?

I used to hit that fruit area pretty hard at least twice. Think I'd be able to order a full plate of pineapple and papaya?

I'm like you, my breakfast is mostly fruit. On the menu is a fruit plate. I ordered it numerous times when I could customize the standard fruit with fruit of my choice... but most days they had no dragon fruit or kiwi, so I was good with my acai bowl and some sliced fresh fruit topping.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 3:17 pm

I'll try to get together a post later today with the menu + some pictures. Another great breakfast here, sitting on the veranda looking for whales with a coffee. Tried a few new dishes today, but one thing kids and I were reminiscing and missing were the nutella pastries like they have at the Andaz Tokyo. That's one thing that is missing is the breads/cheese section.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:36 am

Condensed menu

Fruit plate... customized to add more of what the kids liked. Rambutans but no mangos Pineapple very sweet.

Mochi waffles with fruit. Coconut and regular syrup. Crisp on the outside but still chewy on the inside. One of our favorites from the old buffet.

Pancakes were delicious. Cinnamon infused, nice chars on the bottom of each pancake. Mac sauce drizzled on the top with fresh pineapples. Coconut and regular syrup. Delish!

You can see the layers of goodness mmmm Had this 4 times.

Pork belly moco over kim-chee fried rice. Egg over easy with garlic aioli. Sweet soy sauce reduction. My absolute favorite thing is the slab bacon/pork belly. So good in fact...

Have to have an extra side - off menu!

Hot chocolate was good

The fried noodles were not quite the same as on the buffet. Flavor is different and look at the texture so ono. Shitake mushrooms and an over easy egg.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That all looks pretty tasty - thanks for the pics!

As much as I like this buffet, I'm not a buffet fan in general, and these pics show why: food cooked to order is just hotter and fresher than food sitting around on a buffet. I think I might prefer this situation.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Does the $45 globalist breakfast allotment include tax and tip? Looking at menu I’m wondering if the entree plus coffee plus cold drink standard can be satisfied with the $45 allotment.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Room service-globalist

We were just there for 8 days and they approved room service for breakfast and they covered the total bill for 2 with no issue. Our bill was around $120-$160 a day. Fruit, meal, tea each day,
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Jay00848
We were just there for 8 days and they approved room service for breakfast and they covered the total bill for 2 with no issue. Our bill was around $120-$160 a day. Fruit, meal, tea each day,
Very interesting, in November I specifically asked about Diamond breakfast used for room service and was told no... same for using the credit in the little store (acai bowl, coffee bar, sweets, yogurts, etc.).
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by canyonleo
Very interesting, in November I specifically asked about Diamond breakfast used for room service and was told no... same for using the credit in the little store (acai bowl, coffee bar, sweets, yogurts, etc.).
when we checked in they mentioned the menu was same in restaurant as room service so I asked to reduce the opportunity to be around people while eating would it be okay just to do room service and they said sure. Each day everything was deliver in to go boxes not the normal plated service. Worked well for us.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Jay00848
when we checked in they mentioned the menu was same in restaurant as room service so I asked to reduce the opportunity to be around people while eating would it be okay just to do room service and they said sure. Each day everything was deliver in to go boxes not the normal plated service. Worked well for us.
Totally agree, I noted to some senior staff that my using room service would not only be a guest sat item, but would decrease guest density and waitlisting in the restaurant, and decrease drain on restaurant staff resources which are tight (when they re-opened they did not bring back all the desired to return to work). But, sometimes logic (even triple logic) is, ah illogical it seems.

Glad to hear they've updated this policy/decision.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite the claim that room service will be less frequent, I found the maids to be fairly aggressive in seeking to clean every day, including one day (which was not the scheduled day) when the maid came in even though I had the privacy sign on.

Originally Posted by kpott
Does the $45 globalist breakfast allotment include tax and tip? Looking at menu I’m wondering if the entree plus coffee plus cold drink standard can be satisfied with the $45 allotment.
Yes, my breakfasts were fully covered, including tax and tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.