Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What’s the process to borrow points? Can you just call up the regular Hyatt reservations line?
Old Nov 20, 2020, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by coleslaw
What’s the process to borrow points? Can you just call up the regular Hyatt reservations line?
just the globalist number (you have to be one to borrow points)
Old Nov 21, 2020, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
just the globalist number (you have to be one to borrow points)
Or, just mail your Concierge and ask them to make the points booking & reassure them you know you have to fund it by no later than a week out
Old Nov 22, 2020, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Or, just mail your Concierge and ask them to make the points booking & reassure them you know you have to fund it by no later than a week out
I did this recently and was told I need the points 10 days prior to the stay.

Do I need to contact someone to apply the points when I get them, or will the reservation automatically draw these off my balance when they are available in full?
Old Nov 22, 2020, 4:33 pm

In general for the Andaz Maui do you have to be ready to book right when the redemption window opens (350+ days out)? Is it the sort of aspirational redemption that requires that forethought? Or could I wait till a few months into the booking window? New to Hyatt redemptions so am unsure.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:48 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
this trick was working well until yesterday. I was looking at some dates in Nov and Dec and found quite a few 3 night combos but now it’s all gone can’t find anything for months . The games continue ....
I was able to find 10 night blocks and then widdle it down to a shorter stay over the phone.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by josephstern
I did this recently and was told I need the points 10 days prior to the stay.

Do I need to contact someone to apply the points when I get them, or will the reservation automatically draw these off my balance when they are available in full?
Hyatt will deduct the points automatically, and IME if the points aren't available when they attempt to deduct them, they send you a reminder e-mail to fund your account before canceling the reservation unilaterally.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dkc192
Hyatt will deduct the points automatically, and IME if the points aren't available when they attempt to deduct them, they send you a reminder e-mail to fund your account before canceling the reservation unilaterally.
I was told that if it’s not funded 7 days before then it gets converted to a cash reservation at the standard rate applicable at that time. I’m not sure how true that actually is... but that was the statement from the rep when i made a booking via the globalist phone line.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I was told that if it’s not funded 7 days before then it gets converted to a cash reservation at the standard rate applicable at that time. I’m not sure how true that actually is... but that was the statement from the rep when i made a booking via the globalist phone line.
At the seven day mark, is there a penalty for cancelling the points reservation? In fact, if it's converted to a booking to be paid with money, can you then use a AAA etc. rate if available or even switch to a package that you consider to be advantageous to you?
Old Nov 30, 2020, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At the seven day mark, is there a penalty for cancelling the points reservation? In fact, if it's converted to a booking to be paid with money, can you then use a AAA etc. rate if available or even switch to a package that you consider to be advantageous to you?
Who knows! If it's actually true then I would guess you'd have the same cancellation policy as the points booking had? And that you wouldn't have any flexibility in changing to a cheaper corporate/special offer rate. It's all conjecture though... i don't think any of this is documented in publicly available T&Cs.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: Chase
cant seem to book for January 2021. need only 1 night, but could use more.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by nirc
Try searching for ~10 day stays that include the date(s) you’re looking for. They usually have a minimum stay requirement.
nirc likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by nirc
There is availability. I just checked Jan 19 for 10 nights.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by pennystinkard
In general for the Andaz Maui do you have to be ready to book right when the redemption window opens (350+ days out)? Is it the sort of aspirational redemption that requires that forethought? Or could I wait till a few months into the booking window? New to Hyatt redemptions so am unsure.
Bumping this for an answer.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by pennystinkard
Bumping this for an answer.
Your biggest problem is going to be the 8-10 night minimum stay to find the award availability.

It’s not too difficult to find space if you’re able to work with that minimum stay requirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.