Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by Colin
plus the best restaurant on Maui
Plus one of the best reefs on the island.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I am looking in Jan 2021, and cant seem to find awards with any combination of # of nts....... Do they only open awards within a certain # of days?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Match the price? Hyatt gets guaranteed dollars for selling the bulk rate. Hyatt gets even more if they perish..You can not convince me that these rooms could perish and go empty..... The hotel has figured out a financial engineering game to double dip or make Costco take it at the expense of Hyatt tier members...

Originally Posted by canyonleo
OK, so now I understand we're not comparing anything to Reward inventory. But what is surprising about a hotel selling (like much earlier) at-the-time non-base level inventory wholesale for resell to a travel agent (like Costco), only to later when that inventory becomes "cheapest available" have the hotel's inventory management system price it higher than the travel agent is retailing it for?

If Hyatt already sold out all but a few of it's Resort View inventory (much of it wholesale to Costco even), then Hyatt's yield mgmt would raise the price of that little remaining for sale inventory, and what can Hyatt do if Costco lowers prices in an effort to not be left with a "perishable asset"?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I am looking in Jan 2021, and cant seem to find awards with any combination of # of nts....... Do they only open awards within a certain # of days?
AFAIK it’s 8 nights
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
AFAIK it’s 8 nights
or 3 nights. Nothing in between
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by boolean64
or 3 nights. Nothing in between
I had to use 10 nights over July 4th for next year.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Depending on when you are staying, make sure to double check the rate to see if it is worth it to book through Chase UR or Hyatt. For my dates, the award space was tricky through Hyatt and on top of that the points were better value when booking direct through Chase than transferring to Hyatt.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by MikeW_ORD
Depending on when you are staying, make sure to double check the rate to see if it is worth it to book through Chase UR or Hyatt. For my dates, the award space was tricky through Hyatt and on top of that the points were better value when booking direct through Chase than transferring to Hyatt.
That is a very good idea, however, I'm not sure you get the night stay credit if booked through Chase.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravelBug1314
That is a very good idea, however, I'm not sure you get the night stay credit if booked through Chase.
I'm pretty sure you do not.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Southwest
Was able to book last night for 1 night at the Andaz Maui about 20 days before arrival. Used a certificate that expires in about 60 days. I am a Globalist. Had checked periodically for the previous 30 days or so and it did not show any availability for a points reservation.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
Stayed three nights last week using points and applied a TSU for an Andaz Suite. At check in, I inquired about upgrades, and the only suite category upgrade available was oceanfront for $300/night. I asked about standard rooms and was told that there were only partial ocean view rooms left. We decided to keep the suite and ended up really liking the room and the quiet location. We were placed in the Hema Wing on the fourth floor, and although the view from inside the unit was of the side of the adjacent villa building, the view from the balcony had a resort and partial ocean view.

The snorkeling at the reef near the resort was great, and we made use the umbrella, chairs, and snorkel equipment provided as part of the resort fee. I missed out on the paddle board tours which were also included in the resort fee. We had dinner at Ka'ana Kitchen and really enjoyed the seafood which was cooked perfectly. The breakfast buffet in the same restaurant was good. Overall, it was a great stay, and we hope to return.

View from the balcony

Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:13 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

What nights were you there? Weekend or weeknights?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH Gold, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
What nights were you there? Weekend or weeknights?
Weekend. I checked WOH website for what was available on check in day and found only standard resort view rooms and no suites.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by MikeW_ORD
less than 30k ur points ie $450 including tax and parking? (Or $375 if CSP instead of CSR).
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Spent the first week of Feb at the Andaz before moving on to Honolulu. Played and won a few drinks during the bingo event they hold at the main pool at noon every day. They have fire dancers around the property and good live music nightly at 6pm just below the lobby. You can also watch the whole luau for free just from the bottom pool or Morimoto's. Saw a lot of turtles and mantas swimming right in front of the property. Also was able to see humpback whales a couple of mornings also right in front of the hotel. Didn't think the snorkeling was incredible, but we didn't go out after the shark attack halfway through our stay. Tristan the Andaz beach crew paddle boat guide protected the group but people were pretty shaken up. The tiger shark was pretty big (well over 6 feet long) and bit one of the other guest's board. We switched to waterfall hikes around Hana for the rest of the week. The ahi poke deconstructed roll they serve is one of my favorite dishes, and the nearby market at wailea shops had some other good food options. The free 2 glasses of champagne they give to globalists can be used for really any drink on the menu. Enjoyed their pina colada instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.