Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chicago747
I booked these rooms with cash + points back in September. After about 10 days I finally had someone at Hyatt confirm that the hotel was indeed closed and I had no rooms. They basically forgot to tell me. I talked to a supervisor's supervisor who opened up a case. She was very helpful, but couldn't do anything without giving the hotel a chance to re-accommodate me. She said if they hotel didn't make it right, to call back in 48 hours. I got an initial email from the hotel apologizing for forgetting to contact me and offered several unsatisfactory options. I immediately called the hotel and the very nice woman said to give her a few days as they were working on 3 options. In the end I was moved to the Madeleine without the co-pay portion of the rooms, which came out to roughly $2300 w/ conversion. Although the Hotel du Louvre was a perfect location for our plans, I thought this was a fair trade-off. She offered a couple other options but the Madeline made the most sense for us.

One of the best lessons I've learned from Flyertalk is to babysit all reservations. In my case, I had three rooms that still showed as confirmed even though the hotel was closed. If something seems off it's always better to call and double or triple check. I can't imagine what I would have done if I walked up the hotel at 5pm expecting to check in and find the hotel to be completely closed.
They offered the Madeleine at just the point portion without cash for your 3 rooms, at the Cat 6 rate of 12,500 points per night or Cat 5 rate of 10,000 points per night? That is a great offer since Madeleine is Cat 6 and du Louvre is Cat 5, and cash and points is not always available at Madeleine. Madeleine is also a great boutique hotel. Although location is not as convenient as du Louvre to the major tourist attractions, it's still a nice location.
Pludester likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Can we get the thread title changed so people know this hotel is temporarily closed?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:36 am

When this place opens back up, how many points is it for a room in august for 2 adults, or 2 adults and a three year old? You cant get that info from the hyatt site right now because of the reno, and Ive seen anywhere from 12k to 35k in various forums. At least, how many points per night was it when it closed?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Hotel du Louvre was 20K points per night. I saw points up to 30K for certain dates in March '19 (probably Paris Fashion Week),

I am not seeing availability for most of my searches. I wouldn't count on this hotel open by August.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
It was a Cat 5 hotel prior to closure for renovation, so 20K points per night. No idea if it will remain at that level when it reopens or not. Date of reopening is set for September 2018
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85
Hotel du Louvre was 20K points per night. I saw points up to 30K for certain dates in March '19 (probably Paris Fashion Week),

I am not seeing availability for most of my searches. I wouldn't count on this hotel open by August.
im looking for aug 2019, wonder if itll be 20k still, you cant book any date right now
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by miadeals
im looking for aug 2019, wonder if itll be 20k still, you cant book any date right now
It appears that it is still planned to be a Category 5 (20K/night).
https://www.hyatt.com/explore-hotels...Group=3-Europe
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I have a stay booked for Jan 2019. It looks ok on line except for room size only 15-18 sqm!)

Can I expect an upgrade to a bigger room on 1/2 (for a week)?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
I have a stay booked for Jan 2019. It looks ok on line except for room size only 15-18 sqm!)

Can I expect an upgrade to a bigger room on 1/2 (for a week)?
For a hotel in paris,that's actually typical sized.
Hyatt Paris Madeleine: 215-269 sf
HR Etoile: 22sqm (236 sf)

Heck, even the Park Hyatt only has 26-30 sqm rooms (280-320 sf)

As for your question, for my general guess is that if you have globalist status on a non-peak timeperiod, you should be upgraded from a standard room to at least a view room (15-25 sqm). As it gets closer, you can check to see if they're still selling rooms of those types to give you a better idea. It's still not likely to be a large room, but perhaps a little larger.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks for the response.

i personally find the difference between 15-18 sqm (161-193 feet) to be significantly smaller than those other room sizes.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 10:25 am

The closure has been extended, and I don't see a new date. "In an effort to achieve the renovation as soon as possible and because of unforeseen structural constraints, the Hotel du Louvre is forced to extend its temporarily closure after Sep 14th, 2018." Working w/them to get my res changed to Hyatt Etoile. UPDATE: Your hotel is undergoing a major makeover to be completed early 2019.

Last edited by Pludester; Jul 9, 2018 at 2:54 pm Reason: Adding a date
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by Pludester
The closure has been extended, and I don't see a new date. "In an effort to achieve the renovation as soon as possible and because of unforeseen structural constraints, the Hotel du Louvre is forced to extend its temporarily closure after Sep 14th, 2018." Working w/them to get my res changed to Hyatt Etoile.
I would push them to move you to Madeline or PH. Etoile is a lower category Hyatt.
Pludester likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CIT85

I just stayed at PHV during fashion week for 30,000 points and got a nice suite upgrade. YMMV.
Pludester likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Pludester
The closure has been extended, and I don't see a new date. "In an effort to achieve the renovation as soon as possible and because of unforeseen structural constraints, the Hotel du Louvre is forced to extend its temporarily closure after Sep 14th, 2018." Working w/them to get my res changed to Hyatt Etoile. UPDATE: Your hotel is undergoing a major makeover to be completed early 2019.
I contacted them and they said it "should" be done by the end of 2018. My reservation is Jan 2, 2019, which now seems n jeopardy.

Please keep us posted, especially on whether they were open to changing it to the PH. I wasn't all that fond of the Madelaine when I went (I was in a standard room) and I really wanted to be at the Hotel du Louvre location (Place Vendome where the PH is would also work).
Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador , Marriott platinum, United, Delta
Looking to book for June 2019 any idea how far in advanced of opening date they will start allowing to be booked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.