Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Diamond breakfast is at the restaurant. I assume the hotel accommodated aussieinsf request for a simple in-room breakfast for 9 euros. The hotel didn't have to do that.

aussieinsf - any pictures of the updated rooms? I found the old rooms perfectly good - imo, they only needed to replace carpeting, refinish furniture, perhaps replace electrical faceplates and add plugs to the bedside tables and it would be quite nice.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
What room type is needed for DSU at this hotel?

I was told this evening that Suite King is the suite upgrade fro DSU and there was no availability on any night for the period of 3/12-3/19. The hotel is also sold out for 3/13 and 3/14. I hope I don't end up in a very small regular room.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If the property is sold-out expect to get the exact room type you booked....
The Suite King is the entry level suite, so that's logical. But I've seen reports that some were able to upgrade to a corner suite. But when the place is sold out that is a moot point.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTW1
If the property is sold-out expect to get the exact room type you booked....
Yes, with occupancy rates pretty consistently high these days, I am really hesitating to book base level rooms unless I'll be okay staying in one. Have been spending up for higher room classes more than I can ever recall.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
staying there next week and noticed they are renovating and that the gym is closed. Anyone know if they are making accommodations at a facility nearby? Any favorite restaurants to recommend? Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The consierge recommended Le Régalade which is further down St. Honore in the direction of Châtelet. It was excellent and very popular, you may need to book. We ate there twice.

The hotel's own bistro looked good as well but we did not eat there.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by aussieinsf
The consierge recommended Le Régalade which is further down St. Honore in the direction of Châtelet. It was excellent and very popular, you may need to book. We ate there twice.

Excellent choice, but I like La Régalade Conservatoire (rue du conservatoire) better, the food seems more inspired and less heavy.

Definitely book - easy on la fourchette.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:20 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Paris du Louvre Hotel

Anyone recently stay here? Comments. Thanx.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by aussieinsf

I stayed there in Jan 2017 and the bistro was great. I'm no expert on French cuisine but the place was full, the people sat around me were either locals or regulars (was kind of surprised to see so little tourist in the restaurant).
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Nice hotel with excellent service and terrific location

We have been to Paris many times and the Hotel du Louvre has the best location -across the street from the Louvre and two blocks from the Seine. Used a DSU and got a small but very nice suite on the 3rd floor with view of Louvre. The hotel is being renovated and we saw the model room, more modern furniture and furnishings and a glass shower instead of tub/shower combo and upgraded outlets. The hotel offers a tour of the neighborhood sites on Wednesday at 10 am given by Benjamin Boudon, Guest Services Manager. We were the only ones on the tour and it covered comedie franchise, palace gardens and other sites. As we were the only two, he offered to take us to the roof for a wonderful view of Paris. We asked to see the only renovated room, 250. We heard no renovation noise during our stay, half of renovated rooms will open april 2018 with all renovation complete april 2019. When we checked in we had to wait an hour for our room to be cleaned and Mr. Boudon ordered coffee and cookies for us and sent a bottle of champagne to our room-very nice touch.
Breakfast at the Hotel restaurant was included as globalist, with a nice buffet of hot and cold items and ability to order a hot item from menu. We ate dinner here one night, reserving with Tripadvisor's Fork app and getting 30% off on a very nice meal. We look forward to a return stay in a renovated room but still had an excellent stay!
khlay, bhamsan01 and yoganeck like this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the review, I'm hoping to stay here next September. Hopefully we end up with a renovated room, as it sounds like this hotel has greatly improved.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:52 pm

I thought I'd pop in and say I plan on staying there later this year, so I can give a review when I get back. I have a packet that shows some pics of the renovation, some of the highlights are as follows:

- It's closed until May 2018, at which point half the renovated rooms will reopen.
-The remaining rooms will be finished by the end of September 2018 and November 2018.
-Bar will re-open at the end of July 2018.
-Everything should be done by November 2018.
- Prelim pictures below of new lobby/rooms/bathroom/restaurant:

Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Anyone have any updates on the renovations? I just looked and the hotel's website says "closed until August". Of course I have 3 rooms booked for 5 nights in May. I want to know now if i need to be looking at other arrangements. I tweeted Hyatt Concierge but they just seem to be going off the hotel website as well. I figured the flyertalk crowd would probably know more than Hyatt itself so thought I'd start here. If the Twitter team can't give me a definitive answer I'll call.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I walked around the hotel Monday while I was in Paris just to see what's going on. There is scaffolding on the exterior, the side towards the Art Nouveau Metro stop. The site is a construction zone with controlled card access for workers. I would be surprised if thy open in August, let alone May.

How the heck were you even able to make reservations at Hotel du Louvre for May? I can't get the website to show availability dates through end of August.

You need to book something else.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by CIT85
I walked around the hotel Monday while I was in Paris just to see what's going on. There is scaffolding on the exterior, the side towards the Art Nouveau Metro stop. The site is a construction zone with controlled card access for workers. I would be surprised if thy open in August, let alone May.

How the heck were you even able to make reservations at Hotel du Louvre for May? I can't get the website to show availability dates through end of August.

You need to book something else.
I booked these rooms with cash + points back in September. After about 10 days I finally had someone at Hyatt confirm that the hotel was indeed closed and I had no rooms. They basically forgot to tell me. I talked to a supervisor's supervisor who opened up a case. She was very helpful, but couldn't do anything without giving the hotel a chance to re-accommodate me. She said if they hotel didn't make it right, to call back in 48 hours. I got an initial email from the hotel apologizing for forgetting to contact me and offered several unsatisfactory options. I immediately called the hotel and the very nice woman said to give her a few days as they were working on 3 options. In the end I was moved to the Madeleine without the co-pay portion of the rooms, which came out to roughly $2300 w/ conversion. Although the Hotel du Louvre was a perfect location for our plans, I thought this was a fair trade-off. She offered a couple other options but the Madeline made the most sense for us.

One of the best lessons I've learned from Flyertalk is to babysit all reservations. In my case, I had three rooms that still showed as confirmed even though the hotel was closed. If something seems off it's always better to call and double or triple check. I can't imagine what I would have done if I walked up the hotel at 5pm expecting to check in and find the hotel to be completely closed.
SanDiego1K and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.