Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Just the two of us. Thanks!
More noise issues at this hotel than at the PHV — at least pre-pandemic — if wanting an open view to the streets. It’s hard to get quieter than some of the “jr suites” I’ve gotten at the PHV that had lousy natural light views.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:07 pm

Rooms Manager Email?

Does anyone have an email contact at this hotel? I'd like to book an award stay in the Family Suite, but they aren't selling it on points as either a standard OR premium suite. Contacting Hyatt's customer service didn't help. Anyone here successfully done this before? Cash prices are the same as the standard Junior and Courtyard Suites, so you'd think the Family Suite might be able to be gotten for 40k as well. Otherwise I plan to offer a paid upgrade.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any stays over the summer?
they have a rate of 520 euros plus 9k points for the Louvre suite, a true one bedroom, and I’m tempted.

I recently cancelled a stay at the Vendome, but for my new dates, no TSUs, and cash and point upgrade a bit too pricey, so I’m looking here.

is noise bad in this particular suite?

Last edited by beachfan; Sep 12, 2021 at 2:35 am
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any stays over the summer?
they have a rate of 520 euros plus 9k points for the Louvre suite, a true one bedroom, and I’m tempted.

I recently cancelled a stay at the Vendome, but for my new dates, no TSUs, and cash and point upgrade a bit too pricey, so I’m looking here.

is noise bad in this particular suite?
We stayed back in mid July in the Palais Royal Suite (50k points a night) and it was quiet. Good views out the windows and lots of space, even with a roll away bed).
Tried the PHV for 1 night while we were there (didn't get any complimentary upgrades) but just wanted to use an expiring 1-7 cert to experience PHV to see if it's something we would like to do for next year.

We preferred the HDL (breakfast, location and price).
beachfan and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ceebee100
We stayed back in mid July in the Palais Royal Suite (50k points a night) and it was quiet. Good views out the windows and lots of space, even with a roll away bed).
Tried the PHV for 1 night while we were there (didn't get any complimentary upgrades) but just wanted to use an expiring 1-7 cert to experience PHV to see if it's something we would like to do for next year.

We preferred the HDL (breakfast, location and price).
Now that you've stayed at both hotels, would you use a Cat 1-7 cert at PHV or HdL? I have this decision for coming March.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CIT85
Now that you've stayed at both hotels, would you use a Cat 1-7 cert at PHV or HdL? I have this decision for coming March.
Personally I would use the cert at HdL. We prefer the location and breakfast. The service is also quite good, it just seems less pretentious to me.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CIT85
I would do HdL. Service is better at HdL and thry do treat Globalists pretty well. PHV is a shell of its former self and not befitting a palace hotel.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
I just stayed at both three weeks ago. Used a free night cert at the PH and points at HdL. Was upgraded to a junior suite at both. Didn’t use suite upgrade at either. (obviously not possible with a free night cert).

Aside from the location being better for the HdL, I would definitely prefer the PH, especially if using a certificate. I found service to be fine at both, breakfast at both was very good. Our room at the HdL was oddly shaped and didn’t feel overly spacious despite being a junior suite. The bathroom was far nicer and maybe double the size at the PH. The PH had blackout/noise shutters that closed outside the window and made the room delightfully silent at night. The train vibrations at the HdL were certainly noticeable but didn’t wake us, though something to consider if a light sleeper.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:48 am

Just checked into the Pissarro Suite. Holy $hit. The views. The location. The room is incredible. Definitely the bucketlist way to experience a Parisian hotel.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Eke2k6
Just checked into the Pissarro Suite. Holy $hit. The views. The location. The room is incredible. Definitely the bucketlist way to experience a Parisian hotel.
How is the noise, especially at night? Can you hear or feel the metro?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
How is the noise, especially at night? Can you hear or feel the metro?
it’s actually pretty insulated considering it’s only on the first floor. I cannot feel the metro or hear it. I can hear some cars passing by from time to time. It’s still not 4pm yet so we’ll see later on today.
richarddd likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
How is the rest of the hotel? Still debating PH Vendome (return stay) vs. trying a Junior Suite here.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:58 am

How is the rest of the hotel? Still debating PH Vendome (return stay) vs. trying a Junior Suite here.
here until saturday, so I should have a more comprehensive idea in another day or so. I cannot say enough about the location and feel of the hotel.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
How is the breakfast? Is it available in the restaurant and also room service?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:04 pm
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
I was upgraded to a Junior Suite last month. Maybe there are a few different types, but mine was a decent sized room with a tiny sitting area (the size of a walk in closet). The hotel itself was very nice, breakfast was good, and had a boutique feel. Location is excellent and for the price I paid ($300) I was pretty happy. Would I have paid extra for the Jr Suite? I don't think so.
callmedtop likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.