Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Oh my goodness. That is bad news indeed. So where do you suggest I stay if I want to use points?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by joey965
Oh my goodness. That is bad news indeed. So where do you suggest I stay if I want to use points?
I've never been to Paris so can only go by ratings -- on TripAdvisor Hyatt Madeleine is the second best rated Hyatt in the city after PH V. It's actually a good place to use points (instead of points + cash) because Madeleine is one of the hotels where you can't get a Diamond Suite Upgrade (as you know, DSU is only possible on cash or p+c bookings). Location wise, I believe it's very close to PH V.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Good Stay

Just returned from a weekend stay at the hotel. I used two DSU that booked into suites on the 2nd and 3rd floors with interior views. The rooms were identical and fairly plain and slightly worn. The suites had a separate living room with a door which could easily seat 3-4 people. The bathrooms were large and well designed. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and the breakfast buffet was great.

The hotel its self is not memorable although perfectly fine. It's a bit to "old world" for my style but overall is pleasant. What's memorable is the location. We walked out the back door, across the crosswalk and were inside the Louvre in 1 minute. If you have the Paris Museum Pass you can literally be in the Louvre in 1 minute. We have young kids and were able to walk everywhere from the hotel. The extra few blocks in each direction from the PH would have been to much for us. With this in mind, plus wanting 2 suites, it was a perfect hotel.

I look forward to checking out the hotel after the remodel is complete. We saw very few signs of a remodel except for the short section of the 2nd floor below. It has a long way to go before matching the style of the Andaz London. We found the juxtaposition of the two carpet styles very interesting.

Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Has anyone been able to squeeze 2 adults + 2 young children into a room or suite? Or is it 3 max?

Assuming the answer is "non" are there connecting rooms?

Originally Posted by Rusdude
Vendome is completely booked up (or, should I say, not available for booking) for the duration of the Euro 2016. I posted about it in PH Vendome thread. I was able to get a room at PH V using my Diamond guarantee but it was €900+ per night.
Thanks for the explanation - I was wondering why rate were so high for early July (peak season I know, but still! )

For those of us who don't follow soccer there's a big tournament in France from June 10-July 10. Most unfortunate for those of us who just want a normal vacation.

Last edited by Boraxo; Nov 10, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Old Feb 20, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Anyone know how the room renovations are going at Hotel du Louvre? Reviews seem to indicate a lot has been done on the hotel overall, but rooms are still looking tired. Are certain types/floors/etc being renovated first?

The main draw is this hotel offers a variety of connecting rooms (family of 4). The PH and Madeleine don't have what I'm looking for in this aspect, otherwise they would be my choices.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ctbarron
Anyone know how the room renovations are going at Hotel du Louvre? Reviews seem to indicate a lot has been done on the hotel overall, but rooms are still looking tired. Are certain types/floors/etc being renovated first?

The main draw is this hotel offers a variety of connecting rooms (family of 4). The PH and Madeleine don't have what I'm looking for in this aspect, otherwise they would be my choices.
Any news on the renovations at this hotel? I see that this hotel is now part of the Unbound Collection of Hyatt. I'm staying here in a 3 weeks and would be interested in hearing from anyone who has stayed here recently. Are there certain floors where the renovations are complete? I applied a DSU so would be great to get a newly updated suite. Any feedback appreciated...
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Any news on the renovations at this hotel?......
My understanding is that renovation has not officially started yet. There are a few rooms and one suite which were done as models only. Perhaps you can email hotel and see if you can get that one suite?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Any news on the renovations at this hotel?
I was there last week and there were no renovations observed or mentioned. Rooms and hallways are tired, although in that quaint Parisian way.

(unlike the HR Etoile which was noisy and no lounge at the moment)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:58 am

had a stay with a diamond family member last week and here are some quick observations:

- Excellent overall service with the front office team.
- Rooms: the standard rooms are "petite" to say the least. however the bathroom seems to be updated with granite (marble?) surfaces that looks "updated" and the bathroom sizes are just as large as the bedroom if not larger. Luckily one of the rooms was upgraded to a larger outside facing the Louvre. Similar old-school charm but larger. I get the whole it needs some renovation but I kind of enjoyed the decor and they don't modernize too much inside.
- Cafe for breakfast. Good spread but not over the top. Not sure if I would pay the 32Euros per person if not included.
- Fitness room is on the small side with some machines.
- Diamond amenity: Bottle of wine and mini macaroons/chocolates
- Room amenity: Comp Evian mini bottles
- Location: Perfectly located on top of metro station, next to the louvre, with lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance.
- Louvre tickets: concierge charges 20E (price online for print at home is 15E). no special entrance for hotel guests that i was told.

Overall, a good experience. A little renovation on the rooms and carpeting will go a long way here while keeping the Parisian theme.

(for those that are light sleepers, I would stay away from rooms on the 1st or even the 2nd floor as there is the metro line directly underneath the hotel. it seemed that our rooms on the 1st can feel the "light" vibrations of the metro going by between 6am and 12am. Having said that, rooms on the 1st floor have super high ceilings making even the standard room look spacious. I don't even want to see a room on the 4th or 5th).
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by myperks
had a stay with a diamond family member last week and here are some quick observations:

- Excellent overall service with the front office team.
- Rooms: the standard rooms are "petite" to say the least. however the bathroom seems to be updated with granite (marble?) surfaces that looks "updated" and the bathroom sizes are just as large as the bedroom if not larger. Luckily one of the rooms was upgraded to a larger outside facing the Louvre. Similar old-school charm but larger. I get the whole it needs some renovation but I kind of enjoyed the decor and they don't modernize too much inside.
- Cafe for breakfast. Good spread but not over the top. Not sure if I would pay the 32Euros per person if not included.
- Fitness room is on the small side with some machines.
- Diamond amenity: Bottle of wine and mini macaroons/chocolates
- Room amenity: Comp Evian mini bottles
- Location: Perfectly located on top of metro station, next to the louvre, with lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance.
- Louvre tickets: concierge charges 20E (price online for print at home is 15E). no special entrance for hotel guests that i was told.

Overall, a good experience. A little renovation on the rooms and carpeting will go a long way here while keeping the Parisian theme.

(for those that are light sleepers, I would stay away from rooms on the 1st or even the 2nd floor as there is the metro line directly underneath the hotel. it seemed that our rooms on the 1st can feel the "light" vibrations of the metro going by between 6am and 12am. Having said that, rooms on the 1st floor have super high ceilings making even the standard room look spacious. I don't even want to see a room on the 4th or 5th).
I just completed a 5 night stay last week and agree with all your comments. I used a DSU and had a suite on the 1st floor (above the Ground floor where the lobby is). We had two balcony French doors that opened up to the Palais-Royal courtyard. We could hear the rumble of the Metro trains in our room. It wasn't bad enough to disturb our sleep but might be for certain light sleepers.

This hotel has a nice Paris charm to it. Agree that its dated but its clean and the staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet was great with Diamond privilege.

Overall, a great stay. We loved being so close to everything and right on the Metro stop and major bus lines for quick transportation to anywhere in the city.

Getting to/from CDG Airport was straightforward using the train. From the hotel : Metro line 1 Chatelet stop, then walk to RER B train and take that direct to CDG, only 10 Euros and took under 1 hour. Only drawback is to check if workers are on strike as that can slow things down
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
RAVES. Location: Perfect. Metro outside the front door. Louvre outside the front door. Great view up to the Opera House.

Rooms: We had two (except for the last night, see below). One on points, on on Hyatt VISA free room. One room was far more than I expected. Perhaps termed as a "suite" (although not with separate rooms), it had a sitting area with table, chairs, TV, that doubled the size of the king bed room. We had a 3rd floor balcony overlooking the downtown Paris scene. Unbelievable. Had a huge tub separate from the shower, two sinks, and a toilet in a complete separate small room from the rest of the bathroom. On the whole, this room was a 10+++.

The second room was more as I expected. Small, single bathroom, a very small separate sitting area, no balcony. This room, we only had for two nights, instead of three. On the third night, we answered this question:

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Has anyone been able to squeeze 2 adults + 2 young children into a room or suite? Or is it 3 max?
We squeezed 2 adults + 2 rooms into our suite room, with a rollaway, for the last night. Perhaps we would not have been allowed to check in that way. But on the third morning, we checked out of the small room, keeping the larger room for the last night. No one cared or ever said or even hinted anything. 2 adults in the king, one kid in the rollaway, one kid on the floor. For one night, this was just fine.

Both rooms were not ready at 3 as promised, but at that point, they gave us the larger room until the 2nd room was ready. Perhaps this is the reason they gave us a larger suite type room. In any event, room was perfect.

I love the look of the hotel, the "old style hotel" look with dark wood and red carpets and gold accents everywhere. This is just my style, however.

The staff was very helpful on check in, concierge on various questions during the week, and on getting airport transportation upon check out. I didn't try other hotel amenities such as food, but there is a brasserie attached that many seemed to patronize. Took a look in the fitness room, which was adequately equipped, but after walking around Paris all day, no one was in the mood for more fitness.

You could BARELY tell this was a Hyatt property. It definitely brands itself as "Hotel du Louvre" and not "Hyatt." There were Hyatt markings on some flags out front and on various printed materials, but if you didn't care about Hyatt and you weren't specifically looking for it, you might never know you were at a Hyatt.

Overall, loved it, loved it, loved it.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
You can get a discount at the hotel restaurant with The Fork. And for Diamonds, they invited us to take advantage of a standing discount at the restaurant and bar. Believe it was 20%.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I have two upcoming one night stays here in the next few weeks. I contacted the concierge to double check on reservation for me and make another one for dinner. Even if they haven't been able to contact the restaurants, I get a pretty quick response acknowledging my request from the Park Hyatt Vendome or the Madeleine. I have heard nothing from the concierge team at the Hotel du Louvre. Is this the norm there?

In any case, looking forward to trying out the hotel.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
As I recall, their concierge desk is staffed by 2 or 3 people in the day - might want to give them a ring to make sure nothing was lost.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by pWei
As I recall, their concierge desk is staffed by 2 or 3 people in the day - might want to give them a ring to make sure nothing was lost.
They must have confirmed something, because I heard from the restaurant, but nothing to the level of other hotels. For example, I was on a wl for lunch of Frenchie. The Park Hyatt would usually update me when I checked in to tell me that I was still on the WL, the Louvre gave me no updates.

I will probably stay there again next month and I'll likely keep on making my own reservations just to be safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.